Thread: EFNIR: Nemosine Solar Storm 1859

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,458 Times in 600 Posts

Default EFNIR: Nemosine Solar Storm 1859

Extra Fine Nib Ink Review: Nemosine Solar Storm 1859

This is review #264 in my series. Here's the YouTube video:

Post-recording notes: This is a very nice burnt orange. It did form a little nib crud starting on day 4, but it wasn't enough to interfere with writing. Cleaning was quick and easy. The shading on this is so nice that were it available, I would highly recommend it despite the low lubrication. But, it's unobtainium, so you'll need to find another ink. Birmingham Pen Company have an ink called "Solar Storm" that looks very similar - but they told me it's not the same. They also told me their inks are mixable, so you can fine-tune the colors.

Zoomed in photo (Very close to what my eyes see.)

Screenshot (Close, but a little too dark.)

Scan of Completed Review (Also very close to what my eyes see.)

Absorbent Paper Close-up (top is puzzle paper like thick newsprint, bottom is old 20lb copy paper) (Might exaggerate shading a little, but otherwise close. The ink is paler on these papers for some reason - perhaps my feed was running dry...)

Line width (One of the lines used for dry time. Magnification is 100x. The grid is 100x100µm. The scale is 330µm, with eleven divisions of 30µm each. The line width for this ink is roughly 308µm. With 264 inks measured, the average line width is 296µm.)

Microscope image (100x. Spiky orange.)

Other (Just a little doodle I made with this ink.)

Previous Review: Lamy Green.

Images also available on Instagram: @zilxodarap.

Want to influence the inky sequence? Take the "next ink" poll.

View a list of my inks, complete with review results in a google sheet.

Need to catch up on The Adventures of Quin and Makhabesh? Find the whole story here.

Hope you enjoy. Comments appreciated!

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LizEF For This Useful Post:

catbert (December 19th, 2023), forester (December 19th, 2023), Lithium466 (December 19th, 2023), Lloyd (December 19th, 2023), mizgeorge (December 19th, 2023), PithyProlix (December 19th, 2023), Sailor Kenshin (December 19th, 2023), usk15 (December 19th, 2023), Yazeh (December 19th, 2023)