Thread: Banned From FPN?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,804 Times in 1,697 Posts

Default Re: Banned From FPN?

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    I'm very fond of FPN. It's the forum I started on, back in 2009, and if I were ever banned, I would miss participating on the board a lot.

There's so much about the banning issue that's down to judgement call; what merits a ban/ what doesn't, what rules are just/what aren't.

It's okay with me if judgements are made I don't agree with, because there's no way a forum the size of FPN is going to have rules and judgements that seem fair to everybody. There are a couple of issues once a banning has been passed that I have not been able to reconcile:

1. Banned members are flagged as 'Away'. If a member is de facto banned, they should be flagged as such. It is disconcerting when folk are euphamistically disappeared. Chemyst's banning is an example of a FPN banning done 'right', in that the avatar's signature line explains the transgression.

2. Similarly, if a member is de facto banned, they should be told as much -not 'suspended' for a specified period that indefinitely extends.
    Many times (also in my case) they do it in a more perfidious way.
    They just remove your posting permission, you canīt create a post anymore, you canīt even reply to a private message, you can't write private messages anymore, nothing.

You have no way to complain, or ask why it happened, or let anybody know what happened.
    Nobody will ask questions, as nobody know what happened.
    Your account just look fine from outside.

I really enjoyed the participation there for years, I never really noticed that something like this happened until they censored me for posting a drawing of mine.
    When I complained and asked, me and others were censored iron fisted.
    Finally after I posted a link to one of my drawings I posted here (instead of there) they removed the post again.
    When I asked and complained they "Muted"me.
    I think it was the snake in the grass Amberlea.

As said I enjoyed posting there for years, but even if they would unmute me I would never participate there anymore.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pterodactylus For This Useful Post:

Chemyst (February 19th, 2017)