Thread: Where Do You Intend To Go With Pen Collecting?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Where Do You Intend To Go With Pen Collecting?

I realise this is a fairly ambiguous thread. However I have been questioning exactly this lately. For me it all started a little over a year ago when I was looking for simply a better pen then those cheap pilot G1 gel pens that gave me hand cramp. That evolved into trying to build up a group of pens I enjoyed using that offered some variety that I would use in a rotation.

If anyone is interested this the group of pens I own;
    Parker Reflex, 15 (Red GT set), I.M (Silver), 3x Frontiers (Twilight, Teal Chrome-Flair, Flighter) Parker Sonnet (Dark Grey GT)
    Lamy Safari (Neon), Studio (Stainless Steel)
    Rotring Esprit (Tourmaline), Freeway (Blue)
    Sheaffer Intensity (Violet set)
    Cross Century II (Barley Corn)
    Pelikan M200 (Black)
    + 3 or 4 cheap pens I have left off

I think these goals have been accomplished. However I’ve been questioning where to go from here. The rate at which I have been acquiring pens isn’t really sustainable and I’ve been guilty of wasting money on cheap pens without the foresight that the money spent on several budget pens would have bought me the pen I really wanted in the first place.

From here on In I’m hoping to buy one pen a year and slim things down to ten pens before the end of next year with the intention of building up a small collections of pens I enjoy using with a lot more variety. I haven’t looked into vintage pens yet however I’m waiting until I’ve finished my studies to do so and also by putting this off it means that it means that my enthusiasm won’t get the better of me. With this slowly edging towards a goal of no more than 25 pens including the classics e.g. a Parker 51 and Vacumatic, a Waterman 52, a Pelikan M600 and 100N etc

So I was wondering if others had considered this and if they have an end goal in mind.
    Last edited by top pen; September 7th, 2014 at 01:05 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to top pen For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (April 10th, 2015), rpsyed (April 12th, 2015), RuiFromUK (September 7th, 2014), Sailor Kenshin (September 8th, 2014)