Hello!

I have posted in the new members category, and am very excited to be here on such a great forum!

As I said in my intro, I have 2 Sheaffer's that I am looking to get adjusted, working properly, and ready to write.

However, I would also like to get a pen to learn to write Flex (?) style?

I have read so many posts, that I am sort of getting confused, and would appreciate any advice on getting my feet wet, without making ignorant choices in the world of Fountain Pens. I know that I like a Medium-sized pen--not too skinny, as I have a very skinny Mont Blanc--fantastic nib, just don't like the size. (It was a gift)

Here is what I am looking at:

* A new Pelikan 600 from nibs.com. As a beginning writing student, is it too much? Too big? Too expensive, since I don't know what I am doing?
* Something like a Sailor 1911?
*Some sort of Vintage pen?--I don't really know whom I should buy from, or what I should get...and, if I get a vintage pen, what about the nib?

I know I am all over the place....I don't know how to narrow down choices, or how to ask the correct questions.

The reason I was going to go with nibs.com, is because I know they will grind the nibs for me.

Since I want to learn how to write like some of you do here, I'm also needing to know what type of nib to get?

Should I go with fine or Medium? Should I start with a Stub or go straight to Italian Cursive?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks