Texas is where Beef comes from
    Washington DC is where Corruption comes from
    California is where Movies come from
    Washington is where Windows come from
    Pennsylvania is where Freedom comes from
    Massachusetts is where Stubborn People come from
    Florida is where Magic comes from
    New York is where Money comes from

Michigan is the Mitten with the Big Lakes (No Salt. No sharks.) !

Inxoy--you can also take a look at members' profiles on their "About Me" page for their interests.

InCo #2 out for tomorrow!
    I lived in Michigan in the mid-80's. I love being able to use the mitten to show where things are in the state!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to distracted_mom For This Useful Post:

VertOlive (February 2nd, 2016)

Thanks

Default Re: InCoWriMo 2016 anyone?

This is my 2nd inky rhino and since last February I've sent out over 90 letters. I have has so much fun and made wonderful connections I am MOST definitely IN. I've added my info to the spreadsheet (thank you to whoever set it up. great idea) I owe a few letters to some pen pals but I love to get letters and promise all letters will get a reply.

I'll add my address here too.
    Greg Moore
    15850 SW Barnard CT
    Beaverton, OR

I am Another Nerd, DevOps Automation Engineer but I also have a working Victrola, collect vintage film cameras and love to travel (13 countries so far), read historical nautical fiction and non-fiction

In the word of Mr Goulet, Write On!

Thanks

Another letter sent today. Hopefully I can find some time tonight to write another letter for sending tomorrow.

close to geographical center of the nation
    Thanks

2 days, 2 out. Almost caught up on my backlog.
    Sandy
    We don't know what we don't know

Juana

Quote Originally Posted by Type40 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I can't let a February go by, without participating. I have added my address for anyone that is interested (take a gander at my profile), but wouldn't feel right sending out new introduction letters. Due to various things over the last year, I haven't been able to make it through my rather substantial backlog.
    Anyone who has gotten past a few exchanges from me will know that I don't write short, quick, letters. To keep my numbers up for the month, I will be writing little notes to random, non-pen, people. Fun for me, fun for them, and won't add to my reply pile. I will of course reply to any and all letters sent my way.

A bit of advice from previous years, don't just fill out your list with people at the beginning of the month. Each year, a number of people join towards the end and don't get many intro letters.

I truly hope you all have fun and find new friends that will carry over past the 29th.

Mark

Mark Harris
    23927 Suttle Road
    Veneta Oregon 97487-9463

you were right about the additions to the list continuing. Happy to see the list still growing.

Thanks

I wrote two more letters tonight for tomorrow's mail.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,808 Times in 1,648 Posts

On task with InkyMo#3 out for tomorrow. Just received an enchanting "Hand of Friendship" tuck-in in my first received letter for InCo!
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

Thanks

Have my first 2 out for the month and since it is after midnight here, I am working on number 3!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Costanza For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I have a "spirit of/letter of" question. I see many of you saying that you post your letter the same day you write it. I've been (for two whole days) writing my letters in the evening, sealing the envelope and stamping, and posting them first thing in the morning the next day. Am I a day behind for not posting until the next day? Do you still feel I'm following the spirit of the month by writing each night? I am more looking for thoughts and how you do it.

Write On

Thanks
    Thanked 3,505 Times in 1,755 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nucifera View Post
    I have a "spirit of/letter of" question. I see many of you saying that you post your letter the same day you write it. I've been (for two whole days) writing my letters in the evening, sealing the envelope and stamping, and posting them first thing in the morning the next day. Am I a day behind for not posting until the next day? Do you still feel I'm following the spirit of the month by writing each night? I am more looking for thoughts and how you do it.

Write On

Me...if it's pouring, I often don't put the letter out in my own mailbox. If I can get to an actual post office, then okay, and I don't see it as slacking or cheating, just preserving the letter from the elements.
    Last edited by Sailor Kenshin; February 3rd, 2016 at 05:49 AM.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sailor Kenshin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Write On
    Nobody will judge you

InCoWriMo like NaNoWriMo is a Celebration with Goals. Not a contest with rules.

Both were created to get people into the habit of writing

For many of us InCoWriMo is an excuse to use our pens and inks and to share that joy with others
    Tom
    @silverbreeze
    ---
    Forgive any ignorance on my part.
    Any stupidity is my brain not being malleable enough to understand
    ===
    Open to anyone writing me. Will do my best to reply quickly
    ====
    Tomasz S Suchecki
    77 Meadowpark Ave North
    Stamford CT 06905-2221
    United States of America

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Silverbreeze For This Useful Post:

Lady Onogaro (February 3rd, 2016), sharmon202 (February 4th, 2016), writingrav (February 3rd, 2016)

Thanks

For some in the UK, their nearest postbox collection is done first thing in the morning, 9am - well, no chance really writing on the day and getting it posted same day for them? I think the emphasis is on writing rather than posting - incowrimo is every day but post isn't collected every day. As long as the letter doesn't have to wait days and days (without good reason) to get posted after being completed...

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Morgaine For This Useful Post:

Judybug (February 4th, 2016), Type40 (February 3rd, 2016)

Thanks

new to FPGeeks forums. I was gonna set up an account about a yr ago then the whole thing with fpgeeks happened where it was being shut down and I thought they fourm would also, thats why I never became a member. Anyway I started INCOWRIMO last yr thru their website love it. Got 2 out in the mail yesterday and will try and get another 2 done tonight after some much needed math hw esp since I apparently got the wrong book so have to go back and do double the work to catch up oh joy. Anyway love the idea of the list and love that people put things in the descriptions like someone else said on here it really helps esp at a quick glance.

Juana

Write On

Writing a letter in the evening seems like a perfect way to wind down. And in posting the next day, it sounds like a new habit is budding. I'd say that is definitely reaching the goal of this project.

Thanks

Thank you for some great replies!

Also, I will be adding my SO onto the spreadsheet. I got two pieces of mail today and now he wants some too :-P

Thanks

I have a letter written and stamped to go to a new person. Exciting!

Thanks

I have a "spirit of/letter of" question. I see many of you saying that you post your letter the same day you write it.
    The spirit of the InCo rules is that you write at least one piece of handwritten correspondence every day, and then deliver it. The fact that the first step in the delivery may be the day after writing it does not violate that spirit.

I don't think it violates the "letter" of the original InCo guidelines either.

FWIW, I'm not doing InCoWriMo this year, but I am doing LetterMo (unlike the past two years where I did my best to do both). The "spirit" of the LetterMo rules is slightly different; you should put at least one handwritten letter in the post ever day the post is open. You could write six letters on Sunday and mail them one per day during the week and meet the letter and spirit of LetterMo, but I rarely get more than one or two ahead.

As I see it, one important part of the spirit of the guidelines or rules or goals or whatever you want to call them of both versions is to be regular; to do "it" every day (either write something or mail something). Therefore I do my best to comply with that. However, I've had to "make up" for a missed day or two both the previous years if I remember right, and I'm okay with that.

Not everyone who does InCoWriMo agrees with that part (regular/every day instead of "on average" or cumulative totals=29 or whatever) being anywhere near important. Decide what part of the guidelines are important to you, and do your best to follow them; that is the most important part of the spirit of the event. If you think you've done what you set out to do with InCoWriMo/LetterMo I don't see many, or even any, of those participating who is going to say you failed.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to mrcharlie For This Useful Post:

sgtstretch (February 4th, 2016)

Thanks

That's what I'm doing - writing in the evening and mailing it the next morning.

Judybug

Thanks

I’m a blubbery puddle! the first letter I wrote for InCoWriMo was to my dad and he just texted that he got it and that he thought it was so sweet and thoughtful. ::sniff:: I luvs my Papa!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pickwick For This Useful Post:

caribbean_skye (February 6th, 2016), VertOlive (February 14th, 2016)

Thanks

Received my first letter today! I was late to join and wasn't expecting to hear anything so soon!
    {Happy Dance}