PDA

View Full Version : Logo - Brushed Stainless Steel

Bogon07
August 4th, 2012, 06:41 PM
I purchased a Lamy Logo in brushed stainless steel with a fine nib from Coln Gallery UK in late June which delivered early July. It came in a different box to the usual Lamy one we have in Australia which had a big Lamy name plate to hold the box shut this one has an elastic strap instead. The pen came with the obligatory blue cartridge but no converter so I went and bought one from a local stationery shop.

The pen is smaller than the Al-Star about 10mm diameter and 135mm long capped.115mm uncapped and 162mm posted.
It takes the same nib as the Lamy Safari, Al-Star, Joy, Nexx, Studio etc. There is a grooved grip area. The cap is securely held with a satisfying click and also posts firmly. The cap has a chrome spring-loaded clip and the barrel end also has a chrome end which has four slots and two little nubs to hold the cap when posting.

It is a nicely balance light and elegant pen to use.

Substantially smaller than an Al-Star

writingrav
August 4th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Looks cool Bogon

KrazyIvan
August 4th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Very nice Bogon. How is that grip section for long writing sessions?

Bogon07
August 4th, 2012, 09:22 PM
It feels very comfortable. It is similar to Staedtler Mechanical pencils but without the knurls and so feels smoother on you fingers. It is so light for a metallic pen, much lighter than the Studio.
The nib really shows nib creep with Noodler's Catalpa - the only ink I've used in it so far.

etoyoc
August 5th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Very interesting pen. I am glad to hear that the grip is comfortable. However, now I am off to look at Noodler's Catalpa.. As in Catalpa worms or Catalpa trees? I can't say that I have heard of this color.

ahhh.... I see a review at FPN... I do prefer your name for it. I don't get the Catalpa reference at all.

In regards to nib creep, some of my noodler's bulletproof, waterproof, etc... inks are my worst at creeping. Of course my Lamy's in general have more creep than the average pen. Put them together and it is often creeptastic.

Maja
August 5th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the review, Bogon07! I have a stainless Logo as well and I find it to be a very comfortable pen....and the clip can hold a lot, if you want to (for example) attach it to a small sheaf of papers.

Pinkys.Brain
August 7th, 2012, 12:41 AM
I like the pen, but it is not made for posting IMHO. The cap is too heavy for long writing sessions. Another thing I noticed is, that the plastic coating at the end of the barrel can flake of after some time if you're not careful - the version with the black plastic end does not have this problem, but does not look as nice.

Bogon07
August 7th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Eyotoc, Noodler's Catalpa sea-snail sepia (Cthulhu Spit) appears similar to being a grey version of Aircorp BlueBlack or Squeteague depending on nib size and paper type.

Maja, yes that clip is very well sprung although I haven't tried the bundle of paper test yet.

Pinkys.Brain, sometime I use it posted but it doesn't seem to make much difference to the comfort.
Thanks for the warning on the plastic, I'm trying to be extra careful with it as the barrel feels like it could scratch easily too. It is living a hermit's life in the original box not in with the Safaris and Al-Stars.