PDA

View Full Version : Does this planner exist?

AtomicLeo
January 3rd, 2015, 08:16 PM
I have been hunting around for a planner that has the following features

1. Fountain pen friendly
2. At a glance months and daily layout with room for a to do list.
3. This planner will live in my messenger bag. Needs a durable cover.
4. Sensible color. No neon. No Vera Wang inspired colors. Black preferred will consider other colors such as dark brown or deep reds.

I know it's a bit late to be looking for a planner, but I am having no luck. Considering investing a Midori Travelers notebook but I don't know I can fill one with monthly at a glance view and daily notes.

Rusty888
January 3rd, 2015, 09:00 PM
Is there a budget you have in mind?

tandaina
January 3rd, 2015, 09:01 PM
Hobonichi?

Tomoe river paper.
A6 English version is easy to take everywhere.
Month on two pages.
Daily pages (so lots of room for todo lists).

migo984
January 3rd, 2015, 10:21 PM
Hobonichi?

Tomoe river paper.
Month on two pages.

+1 for the Hobonichi Techo. I'm on my fourth year of using these.

RayCornett
January 3rd, 2015, 11:37 PM
There are a couple of planner specific groups on Facebook that have members who design planner inserts and some of them supply them for free download as well. And there are some on there who will also make a custom built planner.

AtomicLeo
January 4th, 2015, 09:31 AM
Unfortunately Techo does not have the full month view I'm looking for and they are sold out for 2015

AtomicLeo
January 4th, 2015, 09:42 AM
Hobonichi?

Tomoe river paper.
Month on two pages.
Do you have link that would show the layout of the A6. I can't seem to find one and I'm afraid they are likely sold out as well.

tandaina
January 4th, 2015, 10:12 AM
They will come back in stock. Let me take some pics for you...

Four months at a glance in the front section.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/04/4044a033609afdd6658b3c3f91bf5bbb.jpg

Whole month spread, not sure what you mean about it not having the full month?
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/04/7ed790fe824d54e65152af5ea616d818.jpg

Daily pages look like this.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/04/68b914c9706f5ba7c2c88264cebc30b8.jpg

I ordered mine in Feb last year so I know they'll get more. Covers may be out of stock though, but you can get a cover many places if you want one.

reprieve
January 4th, 2015, 10:13 AM
Hobonichi sounds like it might work. I love mine; it's the best planner I've used.

Here's a photo from the Hobonichi website that shows the A6 English version's monthly layout:
http://www.1101.com/store/techo/2015/detail_images/c_hpr/slide_2.jpg

Here's a photo showing the daily pages:
http://www.1101.com/store/techo/2015/detail_images/c_hpr/slide_3.jpg

reprieve
January 4th, 2015, 10:14 AM
Hah, tandaina and I must've been posting at the same time. :)

tandaina
January 4th, 2015, 10:30 AM
Oh and at the start of each month of daily pages is a blank page you could use for monthly tasks or to index important entries, etc.

da vinci
January 4th, 2015, 01:46 PM

1. Fountain pen friendly
4. Sensible color. No neon. No Vera Wang inspired colors. Black preferred will consider other colors such as dark brown or deep reds.

I know it's a bit late to be looking for a planner, but I am having no luck. Considering investing a Midori Travelers notebook but I don't know I can fill one with monthly at a glance view and daily notes.

If I could add A5 size and gridded paper and someone can identify a planner in this format I am in!

I used a Hobonichi last year, and whilst it is excellent quality and a nice format it is too small for me. If they made an english A5 version I would buy it.

AtomicLeo
January 4th, 2015, 04:24 PM
Thanks! You guys are awesome. :) Great pics. I broke down and bought a Japanese version. No cover. See if I can use it and pick up a English one next years.

tandaina
January 4th, 2015, 04:39 PM
I predict you will love it. ;)

Tracy Lee
January 4th, 2015, 04:41 PM

1. Fountain pen friendly

If I could add A5 size and gridded paper and someone can identify a planner in this format I am in!

I used a Hobonichi last year, and whilst it is excellent quality and a nice format it is too small for me. If they made an english A5 version I would buy it.
Maybe take a look at their cousin planner. It is A5.

tandaina
January 4th, 2015, 04:46 PM
I know lots of folks who like the A5 and don't find the Japanese problematic. The biggest thing is you miss out on the quotes at the bottom of the pages. But the rest is pretty self explanatory. ;)