PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Metropolitan Review

FPInkGeek
January 5th, 2015, 12:30 PM
Check out the full review with pictures at http://fpinkgeek.blogspot.com/2015/01/pilot-metropolitan.html
Appearance & Design (1-10) – Score: 10/10
Construction & Quality (1-10) – Score 10/10
Weight & Dimensions (1-10) – Score 7/10
Nib & Performance (1-10) – Score 7/10
Filling System & Maintenance (1-10) - Score 6/10
Cost & Value (1-10) –Score 10/10
Conclusion (1-10) - If you do not own this pen I would highly suggest getting one. If you end up not liking it what do you lose? $15 is not a huge risk to take for what you have to gain with the metro. Many believe it is just for new guys to the FP world, but with its low cost, durability, and finer nibs this pen is perfect to use as an EDC. I would say go get one! Final Score 8.333..../10

gbryal
January 5th, 2015, 03:31 PM
Nice, succinct review.

These are really remarkable pens for any price, but the fact you can get them for $15, and possibly at your local office supply store, makes them great starter pens or gifts for your ballpoint friends to dip their toes in the water.

I just inked one of mine up again today, I really enjoy using it, and it comes in a case I would even keep at my desk to keep it out of my stack of papers.

Grafji
June 24th, 2015, 09:06 PM
I love my metropolitan. It's a great deal for a pen. When I want a pen that looks more professional than my Lamy safaris, I use my metropolitan.

Lancaster
June 30th, 2015, 01:31 PM
I really like my pilot metropolitan, but has anyone had an issue with the clip getting loose. I actually lost it at a store and luckily the salesman found it when I called looking. I'm afraid of losing it, even though they are cheap I don't like being without a pen.