PDA

View Full Version : Video Review : Osmiroid 65

SliceofPi
January 5th, 2015, 08:23 PM
http://youtu.be/RRmupT9oYkc

AndrewG
January 12th, 2015, 07:53 AM
Osmiroid fountain pens were very popular when I was a schoolboy in London in the early 60s. Mine was blue marbled with a medium-soft nib as I recall. I believe the name, Osmiroid, derives from Osmium and Iridium. We considered them a step above the Platignum cartridge pens which were the cheaper alternative for most of us.
Nice review.

SliceofPi
January 13th, 2015, 08:08 AM
Osmiroid fountain pens were very popular when I was a schoolboy in London in the early 60s. Mine was blue marbled with a medium-soft nib as I recall. I believe the name, Osmiroid, derives from Osmium and Iridium. We considered them a step above the Platignum cartridge pens which were the cheaper alternative for most of us.
Nice review.

The amount of nibs that are available for them is crazy. It really was a "do all" pen and everything that I have tried for it has been great. Thank you for the comment!

shorthandtypist
February 20th, 2016, 05:56 PM
I still have the Osmiroid that I bought in the early sixties. A little more expensive than the other budget pens made by Platignum and Queensway but at school they were considered to be very good pens and quite a few of us had an Italic one for handwriting lessons. My one has a gold left handed nib which pen manufacturers don't seem to bother with now.