PDA

View Full Version : InCoWriMo 2015 anyone?

Pages : 1 [2]

Bogon07
February 19th, 2015, 05:17 PM
Seven out yesterday and another this morning plus two partially done.
Feels like more work than my job but more enjoyable. :)

DaveBj
February 19th, 2015, 06:12 PM
I'm still one step ahead of schedule. Nothing in the mail since last Friday; am I going to get suddenly dumped on?

VertOlive
February 19th, 2015, 06:20 PM
I'm still one step ahead of schedule. Nothing in the mail since last Friday; am I going to get suddenly dumped on?

Very possibly!

bertcarson
February 20th, 2015, 07:04 PM
Dave,
I know you have one in the mail because I mailed it from Natchez, Tuesday Feb 17 - it could be waiting for warmer weather before beginning the trek.
Bert

jbb
February 21st, 2015, 08:53 AM
Day 21. Letter to Hong Kong. Figuring out the postage took almost as long as writing the letter.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7284/15979902364_7ab95dc747_c.jpg

VertOlive
February 21st, 2015, 11:42 AM
Received these notecards today from fellow FPGeek fncll at the wonderful katexic newsletter site, http://katexic.com/clippings/. :

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f261/sparrowe/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender-5.jpg (http://s49.photobucket.com/user/sparrowe/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender-5.jpg.html)

sgtstretch
February 21st, 2015, 07:17 PM
Day 21. Letter to Hong Kong. Figuring out the postage took almost as long as writing the letter.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7284/15979902364_7ab95dc747_c.jpg

I love your stamps! The Airmail stamps are some of my favorite.

VertOlive
February 24th, 2015, 09:20 AM
I think we need a "Sinatra Century" postage stamp, his 100th birthday just came 'round this December......

jbb
February 24th, 2015, 09:45 AM
I think we need a "Sinatra Century" postage stamp, his 100th birthday just came 'round this December......

There is a Sinatra stamp apparently: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/390168954454?lpid=82&chn=ps

.... and for your listening pleasure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQR0bXO_yI8

Inner Prop
February 24th, 2015, 11:50 AM
This would have been my first, BUT, I've either got a VERY busy couple of days or I completely blew this. I was just listening to Pen Addict for early February and they mentioned Incowrimo, gah!

I don't know how I didn't at least know about this.

February has been and continues to be a terrible month, so I send an apology to all my pen pals and a request that January 2016 someone please send me a reminder.

VertOlive
February 24th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Yep, the 42 center. Time for a Singer of the Century re-issue! Great video!

Xina
February 25th, 2015, 12:32 AM
Yikes! I've been writing InCoWriMo letters all month, and just realized that I never posted my address in the forum. Duh! Well, if anyone needs a new letter target, I'm game!

Christina Gibbs
2321 Monroe Ave, #3
Norwood, OH 45212

VertOlive
February 25th, 2015, 07:25 AM
Yikes! I've been writing InCoWriMo letters all month, and just realized that I never posted my address in the forum. Duh! Well, if anyone needs a new letter target, I'm game!

Christina Gibbs
2321 Monroe Ave, #3
Norwood, OH 45212

Well, at least you sent me your return address--I've gotten several new letter writers who sent me a letter without name or return address!

Two out today.

Silverbreeze
February 25th, 2015, 09:20 AM

Christina Gibbs
2321 Monroe Ave, #3
Norwood, OH 45212

Well, at least you sent me your return address--I've gotten several new letter writers who sent me a letter without name or return address!

Two out today.

You too!!!!!

jbb
February 25th, 2015, 05:30 PM
Best InCorWriMo reply EVER!!!

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8643/16647753302_146e3d0eea_c.jpg

VertOlive
February 25th, 2015, 05:35 PM
Two in and two out.

Current total = 34 [taking it real easy this year!] :lazy2:

writingrav
February 25th, 2015, 05:50 PM
Two in and two out.

I don't bother keeping count. Lots.

Krista
February 26th, 2015, 05:22 AM
This would have been my first, BUT, I've either got a VERY busy couple of days or I completely blew this. I was just listening to Pen Addict for early February and they mentioned Incowrimo, gah!

I don't know how I didn't at least know about this.

February has been and continues to be a terrible month, so I send an apology to all my pen pals and a request that January 2016 someone please send me a reminder.

This made me laugh a bit. I knew about InCoWriMo about Jan 28th, but because of my schedule had to do marathon writing and sent out one batch of 13 letters on Feb 23rd, and another batch of 15 letters today. It didn't help that I tried my hardest to lose the ones I did try to do prior to February's madness. =) But it did help a lot that this week was a vacation week without a schedule! It's been fun, hope to see you next year!

Potter
February 26th, 2015, 06:09 AM
I had a glass of Red Burgundy yesterday (no not the Mont Blanc ink) as I celebrated doing my 28 outgoing, I've got four or five more planned, but it's gone very quiet for me this week, just one in since Saturday, fingers crossed for a last minute deluge...

Sailor Kenshin
February 26th, 2015, 12:13 PM
Two in and two out.

I'm at about the same. Seems quieter this year.

Morgaine
February 26th, 2015, 12:37 PM
I'm going to check mine on the 1st March! I do believe more post has come in and out than last year.

Holsworth
February 26th, 2015, 01:54 PM
Two in today. One out. It accidentally turned in to 9 pages long.

VertOlive
February 26th, 2015, 05:38 PM
One very unexpected, wooly package in today. You never know what treasures will show up in your mailbox during InCoWriMo! Guess I'd better hit the nibs and get some replies out tonight!

Xina
February 26th, 2015, 10:54 PM
One in today with a bonus attraction - pages written on the famous Tomoe River paper. Ooooooh!! Now I need me some of that! Thanks, VertOlive!!!

Sailor Kenshin
February 27th, 2015, 10:02 AM
All of my Raven Staff has been carbo-loading for the past week in preparation for their Air Mail delivery campaign this month.

Two of them are ready to be let slip with the first two letters tomorrow.

Happy "InCrowWriMo"!

Have they brought the beads? (http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-31604026)

Morgaine
February 27th, 2015, 10:02 AM
I read about that!

raibtoffoletto
February 27th, 2015, 11:22 PM
Dear All, I wanted to thank you all for this wonderful month! It's been a pleasure and hope it doesn't stop here, I still have some post cards, so some of you may receive something from may in the next weeks! I hope none of my sends got lost in the mail, so if got something from me let me know ;).

(I've posted this on the InCoWriMo page, but it seems fair also to post it here).
So far I've sent more than received, but some may came latter this month, I know the ones I've wrote to Brasil in the first days of February are not there yet...

Silverbreeze
February 28th, 2015, 07:55 AM
Just a warning if you wrote me for InCoWriMo and haven't gotten a reply, you will get one even if posted after InCoWriMo

Morgaine
March 1st, 2015, 12:01 PM
I have sent 32 letters directly to new InCoWriMo 2015 people (including replies). I also sent 4 letters to some of last year's correspondents. I also sent 15 letters to other penpals. Missed yesterday's collection so 3 letters (1 from InCo14, 1 InCo15 and another letter) will be posted on Monday.

Received - 31 from InCo15, 5 from InCo14 correspondents, 14 other penpals.

A couple of my penpals have also joined InCoWriMo and I have not included their letters in the InCo15 count.

VertOlive
March 1st, 2015, 08:05 PM
All of my Raven Staff has been carbo-loading for the past week in preparation for their Air Mail delivery campaign this month.

Two of them are ready to be let slip with the first two letters tomorrow.

Happy "InCrowWriMo"!

Have they brought the beads? (http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-31604026)

My staff specialize in the transport of small shiny objects such as nibs and pen clips.

Holsworth
March 2nd, 2015, 02:44 AM
So by the end of Saturday I had received 37 letters (some existing penpals, mostly new people). I replied to all but a couple which didn't have return addresses. My total outgoing was 43. Was hoping to get to 46 but ran out of stamps - new ones didn't arrive in time!

Potter
March 2nd, 2015, 07:29 AM
So InCowriMo 2015, I managed 31 out, Dreck being the last lucky recipient, 21 in, so I'm more than pleased, so pleased in fact I treated myself on Friday and a new nib arrived in the post today. A Bock titan M (#6) is now happily at rest, heat set in my ASA Galactic, which did sterling service during InCoWriMo. I tried it first in my Gama Hawk, where it worked well, but it looked so much better is the ASA.

The Gama Hawk setting

The ASA Galactic setting

sgtstretch
March 2nd, 2015, 07:31 AM
My final count is 41 letters sent out, and 27 letters received. I had a fantastic month and lots of fun writing all those letters. Looking forward to maintaining new penpals and doing it all over again next year.

Sailor Kenshin
March 2nd, 2015, 07:37 AM
I still have letters to answer (and they will be!) so the final tally isn't in.

Silverbreeze
March 2nd, 2015, 07:41 AM
I still have letters to answer (and they will be!) so the final tally isn't in.
Me too Kenshin [emoji1]

Morgaine
March 2nd, 2015, 10:38 AM
I'll keep my address up for another couple of weeks before removing it (until next year).

Finalist
March 2nd, 2015, 04:56 PM
I sent one out. Gotta start somewhere.

VertOlive
March 2nd, 2015, 07:50 PM
The count for outgoing in February is a modest 35, but there are now 22 in the reply pile ( I had to stop and knit something). Even counting those, it's far below my total of 70 out last year...

sgtstretch
March 2nd, 2015, 07:51 PM
I received another 4 InCoWriMo letters in today. My to reply pile is quickly growing.

Tracy Lee
March 2nd, 2015, 08:01 PM
7 in today. I must have been on the agenda for end of month for a lot of folks.

Lady Onogaro
March 2nd, 2015, 08:20 PM
I could not keep up. Last week was the final week for one of the classes I was teaching in the RN to BSN program, so I had to finish grading all that stuff. I only managed about 20 out of the 28 letters out. Got a lot in, and will be answering them in coming days and weeks. Thank you everyone who sent me a letter. One is on the way to you (eventually). :)

Dreck
March 2nd, 2015, 09:38 PM
I could not keep up. Last week was the final week for one of the classes I was teaching in the RN to BSN program, so I had to finish grading all that stuff. I only managed about 20 out of the 28 letters out. Got a lot in, and will be answering them in coming days and weeks. Thank you everyone who sent me a letter. One is on the way to you (eventually). :)

You're not the only one. Teaching 5 different English classes, an Elementary Greek class, and beginning work on my Doctorate really put the kabosh on much of my letter writing. I managed a dismal 25 out, and four of those were love notes I mailed to my wife at work.

Costanza
March 2nd, 2015, 09:53 PM
This was my first year. I ended up with 42 out and about half as many in so far. Now I see why they call March reply month.

Nashtah
March 2nd, 2015, 11:08 PM
I was something of a lazy writer and only got some 25 letters and postcards writen, yet at the same time I go tons (20 plus) of letters from others of which I am slowly replying to with older penpal jumping ahead of in the line for replys.

Xina
March 3rd, 2015, 12:09 AM
I managed 26 out and 11 letters/cards, 1 email, and 1 long-distance phone call incoming. 6 arrived Monday afternoon - what a rush! Thanks to everyone who wrote. Replies will be winging their way in March, InCoReMo.

faithdonna
March 3rd, 2015, 01:49 AM
Confession: I miserably failed my InCoWriMo. But I'm still happy about it because I finished off my replies. (Anxiously waiting for signs that recipients have received them) Also, I will still go through my prepared lineup of people to write to even if it's after February.

I received 3 from new pen friends last month, but the deluge arrived today. The earliest received (in the PH) in this pile seems to be marked February 19 (stamped date by the post). In the previous pile, I noted that one piece of domestic mail took around 10 days to get to me. And that's the 'intra' kind even, didn't have to travel that far. I feel a little irked at the sad rate of processing and delivery.

I take some time to reply, but I will!

TerraNoir
March 3rd, 2015, 06:20 AM
Well this year was a rather successful InCoWriMo for me sending out all sorts of letters at 52! I received 25 letters though. Only two new penpals. Otherwise its my delightful regulars...

Although I did start a silly thing of sending out discussion mail on the new episode's of Walking Dead. Who does that?!

sgtstretch
March 3rd, 2015, 06:38 AM
Well this year was a rather successful InCoWriMo for me sending out all sorts of letters at 52! I received 25 letters though. Only two new penpals. Otherwise its my delightful regulars...

Although I did start a silly thing of sending out discussion mail on the new episode's of Walking Dead. Who does that?!

I received one of your letters yesterday. No Walking Dead talk though, which is OK as I'm only in season 2.

ceramic_pizza
March 3rd, 2015, 01:39 PM
Whoops. I really fell behind on incowrimo. Its march now. Oh well. It was fun.

mtnbiker62
March 3rd, 2015, 10:19 PM
24 total out for the month, about the same in...with 9 of them coming in the last two days. I still have about 20 in the reply pile. Gonna have to pull some all-nighters, I'm afraid! :P

jadehawk
March 4th, 2015, 12:08 AM
Since Feb has come and gone do we have to stop writing to new people on the incowrimo list? I did not get many letters out as I am a really slow writer but I would not mind continuing. How do the rules go?

Holsworth
March 4th, 2015, 01:04 AM
Many are happy to carry on receiving letters. There's an "InCo pals for the rest of the year" thread at the top of this forum which is a good place to look for addresses.

transknition
March 4th, 2015, 06:04 AM
I got 29 out, and made a couple of friends along the way. I received 12, but I expect there's at least a couple still coming in. For my first InCoWriMo I think I did well!

TerraNoir
March 4th, 2015, 06:42 AM

I received one of your letters yesterday. No Walking Dead talk though, which is OK as I'm only in season 2.

Haha! Awesome! I look forward to your reply. I won't give out any spoilers in my letters I promise. I have a few friends who watch the show, and my pen geek came out and I wrote some letters instead of emailing them.

fncll
March 4th, 2015, 10:03 AM
Since Feb has come and gone do we have to stop writing to new people on the incowrimo list? I did not get many letters out as I am a really slow writer but I would not mind continuing. How do the rules go?

I don't think there are any real rules to the letter-writing game, so write on! I managed to reach my own goal following my own strange rules :)

Type40
March 4th, 2015, 11:12 AM
Jadehawk, I agree with fncll. Pick a name and keep writing.
Something I have discovered over the last two years. People who only found out about all this near or past the end of the month are enthusiastic, wishing they had heard earlier, and won't receive many letters from us. Unless you have a few people already picked out, work from the end of the list first.

Lady Onogaro
March 4th, 2015, 12:42 PM

You're not the only one. Teaching 5 different English classes, an Elementary Greek class, and beginning work on my Doctorate really put the kabosh on much of my letter writing. I managed a dismal 25 out, and four of those were love notes I mailed to my wife at work.

The love notes to your wife should count double. :) That is so sweet!

mtnbiker62
March 4th, 2015, 02:40 PM

I sent a reply out to you today, and would be happy to continue writing.

VertOlive
March 4th, 2015, 05:21 PM

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f261/sparrowe/calm.jpg (http://s49.photobucket.com/user/sparrowe/media/calm.jpg.html)

jbb
March 5th, 2015, 05:29 PM
I write all year round...just not a letter per day. :)

allanorn
March 5th, 2015, 05:47 PM
Was going along great until the last week of February, when I lost track of time due to an interview process and a bit of gastroenteritis that took me out a day. 21 out and four in for the month.

VertOlive
March 6th, 2015, 07:50 AM
To steady myself during yesterday's Forum Upheaval Crisis, I managed to get one written and out the door this morning. That one might read a little giddy and panicky, but I did get a stamp on it before I dropped it in the box!

Inner Prop
March 7th, 2015, 12:35 PM
I ended up not sending a single letter out in February. I didn't get any in either though.

Next year I'm going to have to send out reminders in January, and then maybe the letters in will spur me on to get some out.

Congrats to all who took on the challenge.

Tracy Lee
March 7th, 2015, 01:09 PM
I never updated my stats (not a number person so I never think of it) but loads still arriving and now 30 in my pile for replies. Eeeep!

Holsworth
March 7th, 2015, 01:26 PM
I think I've had another 5 or 6 in this week. Had a weeks break from replying to people and now have about 10 to reply to.

radellaf
March 9th, 2015, 11:44 AM
My first go at this and, though I was behind one through most of the month, I got #28 written on the 28th (Saturday, after the mail came, so mailed March 2). I counted two replies to pen pals, but not the edison pen contest entry. One letter to Azizah from the "28 people" (http://incowrimo.org/2015/01/these-28-people-would-love-to-receive-your-incowrimo-correspondence-2015/), one to a friend I've never written a letter to, and 26 to new people from the disqus comments. Much thanks for the nine letters and one postcard I've received. One of those was dated March 1st, but I'll count it anyway ;)

Mags
March 9th, 2015, 06:07 PM
I saw a new incoming letter today but no return address on the envelope. Thanks Lesley.

caribbean_skye
March 9th, 2015, 06:54 PM
I saw a new incoming letter today but no return address on the envelope. Thanks Lesley.

i did stick one on there, apparently i didnt do a good enough job with the glue stick (nope, wasnt yours TL). Apologies

Mags
March 9th, 2015, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the PM and return address.

Sailor Kenshin
March 13th, 2015, 06:48 AM
My 'official' out-count for February was about 34...still have incoming.

Last night I dreamed about running into old friends and trying to talk them into writing letters. It was a very hard sell.

Toffer
March 26th, 2015, 09:36 AM
Hi guys I have a new address : 111 Ramsden Wood Road, Todmorden, OL14 7UD UK. And those that are waiting a reply they are coming, just a bit slowly!!

Morgaine
May 14th, 2015, 10:38 AM
On a whim, I just weighed most of my incowrimo letters including continuing correspondence from those initial letters..... and it is over a kilo!