PDA

View Full Version : InCoWriMo 2015 anyone?

Pages : [1] 2

Morgaine
January 11th, 2015, 02:33 PM
Impatient here so started this thread. Who is up for it this year? I probably will be but will I need to find new victims to inflict post on?

cwent2
January 11th, 2015, 02:49 PM
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7472/16070519150_e08f2cc805.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/qu6Bso)InCoWriMo-2014-CWood-Mailbox (https://flic.kr/p/qu6Bso) by cwent2 (https://www.flickr.com/people/99367074@N04/), on Flickr

I am in

Carl Wood
672 Maple Valley Road
Coventry RI 02816

Bogon07
January 11th, 2015, 02:55 PM
With Morgaine & Cwent2 leading the way I will gladly put on my sheep(or penguin) suit and follow.

Ken Tremaine
59 Stevens Street
Pennant Hills
NSW 2120
Australia

Dreck
January 11th, 2015, 02:58 PM
Woot! I'm in.

I'm a nearly 50 y/o father of 3, husband, & all-around cranky old man. Lifelong Whovian, diehard Browncoat, & inveterate Lostie.
My interests include theology, history, music (mostly classical) & reading (EA Poe, HPL, Tolkien, Shirley Jackson, Roger Zelazny, Hemingway, Hawthorne, etc)
Professionally, I'm a Bible professor teaching English and Greek at a small private school.

If this isn't enough to put you off, please PM me for my address.

cwent2
January 11th, 2015, 03:00 PM
Impatient here so started this thread. Who is up for it this year? I probably will be but will I need to find new victims to inflict post on?

Shouldn't the creator of this thread include a mailing address?

Morgaine
January 11th, 2015, 03:32 PM

Shouldn't the creator of this thread include a mailing address?

Done, for the time being.

mtnbiker62
January 11th, 2015, 08:28 PM
I will definitely be participating again. Last year was my first year, and it was a rousing success from my point of view. I am developing a bit of an interest in geneology and learning about my ancestors and their homelands, so I am especially interested in pen friends from Wales, Scotland and the UK. So if you are interested in corresponding with a 50ish loud mouthed, opinionated, music loving, mountain biking lunatic, I'm your guy.

Randall Payne
108 South 700 West
Tremonton, UT 84337
USA

VertOlive
January 11th, 2015, 08:51 PM
I'm convinced that InCo is the perfect antidote to February in Michigan. Count me in, right up to the nibs!

Vert Olive
1653 W. Kentview Dr. NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49505-4834
USA

faithdonna
January 12th, 2015, 12:25 AM
Hooray! *kermit arms* This is my first one and I will try my very bestest.

I like coffee because I need it to function. I like tea because it's good. :D I love cooking and reading books (scifi, fantasy, urban fantasy, speculative fiction, historical fiction). I like watching movies, and I've found myself watching less tv shows lately. I immersed myself back into art last year–calligraphy and doodle art–and gave selling what I make a try late last year.

Providing my address at this time, but like Morgaine I intend to edit and remove it later.

[Already edited to remove mailing address. Please PM me for it!]

sharmon202
January 12th, 2015, 02:43 AM
I am in, address below, for now as above. 2nd year for me. I am a practicing Lean/Six sigma black belt. I read a lot, mostly novels, biographies, business books but am open to anything. I am also a Nascar fan, watching races with my Dad since I was a kid. Dale Jr. fan. I am pretty good at answering letters timely.
Sandy Harmon
3501 Stewart St.
Hutchinson KS 67502

Silverbreeze
January 12th, 2015, 05:15 AM
I am your classic nerd
If there is a book on it in English. I have probably read about it at some point.

I like SciFi, Fantasy, and Urban Fantasy. I can also stomach most Paranormal Romance.

I have a strong interest in all types of Spirituality and am as comfortable Corresponding with a follower of any of the Big Four as I am with a NeoPagan or Shaman. Although if you set me off on a tangent, letters get long :-)

Tom Suchecki
1611 Washington Blvd #5
Stamford CT 06902
United States

tannie
January 12th, 2015, 07:21 AM
I will partake and have started planning already, because I have a backlog and owe (or feel like I owe, because due to Chaos I don't know where my stack of 'to reply to' went...) certain people a reply, so they'll come first.
I might send out postcards to others, but that's correspondence too isn't it?

I do not reply quickly, but feel free to write to me:
Tanja Orme
Gouden Leeuw 932
1103 KW AMSTERDAM
The Netherlands

I do not work due to chronic illness, I have a lovely little monsterdog named Nano (a westie with diabetes), and I like to cycle recreationally on my Brompton.

Holsworth
January 12th, 2015, 12:00 PM
Me me me!

[ADDRESS REMOVED]

Silverbreeze
January 12th, 2015, 12:13 PM
Me me me!

Holly Harrison
1 Fields Court
Olney
Buckinghamshire
MK46 4DE
England.

Also, my other half is keen to find people to write to, but as the rules state hand written only, isn't signing up for InCoWriMo. He's a typewriter user instead. If anyone is interested in writing to him, address is the same but name is C Smith :-)

Lol youz youz youz. Youz already on mez list [emoji1]
Tell C to write to me then B-)

Silverbreeze
January 12th, 2015, 12:46 PM
Question
If I write to persons I am already stable pen pals with, who are on the 2015 list does that count?? Example being our own Ira, Holly and Sandy???

gbryal
January 12th, 2015, 12:55 PM
Looks daunting, figuring out who is participating and then securely exchanging addresses. I wonder if there is some kind of automation available.

Silverbreeze
January 12th, 2015, 12:59 PM
Looks daunting, figuring out who is participating and then securely exchanging addresses. I wonder if there is some kind of automation available.
Best way to automate is you send a letter to a listed Adress and we write back :-)

sgtstretch
January 12th, 2015, 01:00 PM
Count me in, this will be my first InCoWriMo.

Phil Olin
USA

cwent2
January 12th, 2015, 01:06 PM
Question
If I write to persons I am already stable pen pals with, who are on the 2015 list does that count?? Example being our own Ira, Holly and Sandy???

Yes, you can write to anyone - does not have to be new people - I wrote one to my wife.

It all counts

Sailor Kenshin
January 12th, 2015, 01:59 PM
Is it that time again? :shocked:

Silverbreeze
January 12th, 2015, 02:00 PM
15 days or so yup

measi
January 12th, 2015, 02:18 PM
I'm in again. I still owe letters to a few people (hi Randall!) from last spring, when life absolutely took a turn for weirdness... but I'm getting there!

I will definitely write some new folks, and will respond (hopefully faster this year) to any letters I receive.

Melissa Krueger
94 Stamford Ave.
Providence, RI 02907
USA

I'm a 40-year-old wife and mom, work full time in a somewhat mundane insurance brokerage job, and then go all crazy with geekery, cross stitch, and ink by night (after the kiddo goes to sleep). :) All are welcome - gender, age, religion, etc.

allanorn
January 12th, 2015, 03:10 PM
I'm in, and have a bunch of postcards. I'll probably start by sending a few out to those who list their address.

Please PM if you want me to send one to you and/or if you would like my address.

sharmon202
January 12th, 2015, 04:04 PM
Question

as far as I am concerned it does, my friend!!

Nashtah
January 12th, 2015, 10:22 PM
I am in.

Debra Crawford
Jiaxing High School
No 341 Hongyin Road
Xiuzhou District,
Jiaxing, Zhejiang 314001
China

MitzyG
January 13th, 2015, 12:49 AM
I would love to participate.

Mitzy Carter
431 N 37th Street
Springfield, OR 97478
USA

writingrav
January 13th, 2015, 07:59 AM
After some hesitation, I will re-up for my third InCoWriMo
Ira Stone
700 Commodore Court #2750
Philadelphia, PA 19146

jbb
January 13th, 2015, 08:15 AM
Question

Everyone counts! I write to a lot of non-pen-people -- or puggles (pen muggles) during InCorWriMo --- both friends and family members get their once-a-year letter.

Silverbreeze
January 13th, 2015, 08:48 AM
Ira Stone
Philadelphia, PA 19146

I don't think there is any doubt people like us will have an issue sending 28 pieces of mail. It's replaying quickly that may trip me up :-)

writingrav
January 13th, 2015, 08:51 AM
Ira Stone
Philadelphia, PA 19146

I don't think there is any doubt people like us will have an issue sending 28 pieces of mail. It's replaying quickly that may trip me up :-)
My hesitation was with regard to how many more pen pals I can take on, but I decided the more the merrier

Silverbreeze
January 13th, 2015, 08:54 AM
Until postage becomes an issue there are no such thing as too many. I may even send the Pope and Dali Lama a card this year knowing there would be no chance of a reply

Handwriting is good therapy for me Sooo..... I may be a special case

Hendy
January 13th, 2015, 12:06 PM
Well although German postpeople decided it was time again to increase fees
I am looking forward to joining the madness ;-)

Hendrik Rusche
Kindlebildstraße 7a
78467 Konstanz
Germany

Professionally I work at a University in biochemistry, and apart from that interests vary from Whovian over any latest movies
to literature (scifi, fantasy, you name it).

chojo
January 13th, 2015, 12:07 PM
I wasn't sure if I'd be able to do this with my other commitments but what the hell, I've made a few friends through pen palling this past year so a few more can't hurt! I'm 43, male, full time carer for my disabled mum, not the most interesting person in the world but I'm reliable so I will reply.

Chris Johnson
14 Thorn Close
Penketh
Warrington
WA5 2LF
U.K

migo984
January 13th, 2015, 12:36 PM
.........not the most interesting person in the world.......

Don't believe him - chojo writes a fab letter! :)

chojo
January 13th, 2015, 12:46 PM
.........not the most interesting person in the world.......

Don't believe him - chojo writes a fab letter! :)

:redface: Aww shucks. Thankyou Migo. (If I get Inundated with mail now I'm blaming you):jester:

southpaw52
January 13th, 2015, 01:56 PM
I will glad add my name to this years list. I have really enjoyed the ones I have been corresponding with. Happily married. Retired from 35 years in Food Service Management. Postcard collector, birdwatcher, book lover, history and trivia buff. Of course fountain pens especially Esterbrooks and Waterman. We have a Basset Hound, that loves to hike.

Brad Harris
PO Box 11875
Fort Smith AR 72917
USA.

alc3261
January 13th, 2015, 04:00 PM
I will definitely be participating again. Last year was my first year, and it was a rousing success from my point of view. I am developing a bit of an interest in geneology and learning about my ancestors and their homelands, so I am especially interested in pen friends from Wales, Scotland and the UK. So if you are interested in corresponding with a 50ish loud mouthed, opinionated, music loving, mountain biking lunatic, I'm your guy.

Randall Payne
108 South 700 West
Tremonton, UT 84337
USA

Reply went in the post today!!

alc3261
January 13th, 2015, 04:03 PM
I have a sufficiency of Penpals at present so I'm not going to write to anybody new this Feb but I'm sure I will be sending at least 1 letter per day!! :)

checkrail
January 13th, 2015, 04:17 PM
Writing over the last year has been very enjoyable and it will be good fun to take part again. I am a middle-aged English teacher: usually I save the rest for the correspondence!
If you wrote last year and did not get a reply, which I discovered an instance of, that means your letter or mine got lost, as you can count on replies.
Timothy Birrell
22 Sherwood Crescent
LOCKERBIE
Dumfriesshire
DG11 2DY
Great Britain

Greetings to all penpals!

caribbean_skye
January 13th, 2015, 05:12 PM
Much like alc3261 I will be participating but not putting my address forth. That being said, some of you may receive postcards from me.

Tracy Lee
January 13th, 2015, 05:55 PM
I write back to everyone who writes to me and usually include some cool NASA postcards too.

Tracy Lee Belford
713 Killarney Court
Merritt Island FL 32953

mrcharlie
January 13th, 2015, 06:50 PM
I will be doing it again this year but not looking for new people to write. I have as many pen pals as I can manage now I think and I usually send about half of my InCoWriMo letters to IRL friends and family.

Poppet
January 13th, 2015, 07:03 PM
YEEEESSS! I've been patiently stalking this thread, awaiting the start of the 2015 Incowrimo! I'm in! Please PM me for address.

Oh such fun to be had!

VertOlive
January 13th, 2015, 07:40 PM
Until postage becomes an issue there are no such thing as too many. I may even send the Pope and Dali Lama a card this year knowing there would be no chance of a reply

My son is sending a letter to Pope Emeritus Benedict XVl and he expects a reply! We did get a reply when we wrote to him in 2006.

Actually, it might be interesting to include a favorite celebrity among the people we write to for InCo. I think Dreck wrote the Queen of England last year and got a reply!

Silverbreeze
January 13th, 2015, 07:44 PM
Oh there may be a letter back but I fully expect it to be auto pen signature and typed

VertOlive
January 13th, 2015, 08:18 PM
Oh there may be a letter back but I fully expect it to be auto pen signature and typed

Post a pic, what ever you get. Bet it'll be nice stationery!

Silverbreeze
January 13th, 2015, 08:20 PM
If I do send to them I will post a pic :-)

ullixx
January 14th, 2015, 06:01 AM
I can't rival with the Queen or the Pope but for mail from Germany here is my address :)

Ulli Geiger
Kaule 54
51429 Bergisch Gladbach
Germany

Type40
January 14th, 2015, 12:36 PM
The first InCoWriMo started just a few weeks after I got my first fountain pen. I have participated in both years and have racked up well over a hundred, very interesting, people from all around the world. As much as I would love to continue adding more, I still have about fifty people waiting for a reply.

One of the ways I got such a high correspondence count was a little experiment I ran last year. You can find details about it here (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/6147-Tracking-Slips-My-little-Experiment?p=69316&viewfull=1#post69316) and for all those wondering if I will do it again this year, give this (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/6147-Tracking-Slips-My-little-Experiment?p=110375#post110375) post a read.

I am keeping my address in the InCo Year list (February is in the year too, so if you are looking for more address... :)) and my profile has lots of things that may grab your interest. Even though I won't be actively seeking out new people this year, I will always answer and welcome receiving unexpected (non bill or junk) mail in my box. All who write will get a reply.

May the postal systems of the world, feel our affect.

Dreck
January 14th, 2015, 03:25 PM

My son is sending a letter to Pope Emeritus Benedict XVl and he expects a reply! We did get a reply when we wrote to him in 2006.

Actually, it might be interesting to include a favorite celebrity among the people we write to for InCo. I think Dreck wrote the Queen of England last year and got a reply!

I did, indeed. I wrote to thank her for her magnificent and touching Christmas address (this year's was really good, too, for those of you who missed it). I received a lovely reply from Her Majesty by way of one of her ladies-in-waiting. The letter was written on a very tasteful 70# ivory stationery from Buckingham palace.

Runnin_Ute
January 14th, 2015, 07:18 PM
Count me in-again

Brad Merrill
10553 White Sands Dr
Sandy, UT 84070

Lady Onogaro
January 14th, 2015, 08:41 PM
I'm in, too, but I can't promise quick replies.

Denise Rogers
204 Raintree Trail
Lafayette, LA 70507

mtnbiker62
January 15th, 2015, 10:49 AM
I'm in again. I still owe letters to a few people (hi Randall!)

Hi there! No worries, pen friendship has no expiration date! :)

mtnbiker62
January 15th, 2015, 10:54 AM
Everyone counts! I write to a lot of non-pen-people -- or puggles (pen muggles) during InCorWriMo --- both friends and family members get their once-a-year letter.

Puggles...ROFL...I love it! :pound:

Writer
January 15th, 2015, 12:22 PM
724 S.E. Mockingbird Drive College Place Washington U.S.A

Love movies and fountain pens and books and tumblr and lots of stuff.

writingrav
January 15th, 2015, 07:06 PM

Name?
Washington State or D.C?

Dreck
January 15th, 2015, 07:36 PM

Name?
Washington State or D.C?

A zip code would be helpful, too

mrcharlie
January 15th, 2015, 11:40 PM

Name?
Washington State or D.C?
I can't help with the name part, but the usps zip code too (https://tools.usps.com/go/ZipLookupAction!input.action)l gives us:

724 SE MOCKINGBIRD DR
COLLEGE PLACE WA 99324-1868

Potter
January 16th, 2015, 01:40 AM
Like several others I'm going full pelt into (my second) InCoWriMo, of the original 23 I've still got 16 regular correspondents from last year, so I'll be looking to add a few more this year, if you feel like rattling off a letter to a cranky ol' git my address is below. Those of you who are already on the list will know I'm not the most regular but you will get a reply! It's been a most interesting year, I've really enjoyed all those envelopes coming through the letterbox.

Chris Stafford
15 Trienna
Orton Longueville
Peterborough
PE2 7ZW
Cambridgeshire
UK

Mags
January 16th, 2015, 04:13 AM
Count me in for this year.

My address is

Rob Maguire
87 Dreyer Drive East
Ajax, On, Canada
L1S 1 J3

I am a southpaw who enjoys fountainpens, motorcycles, some camping, watching movies, family stuff, gadgets, etc.

Best Regards,

Mags

Crazyorange
January 16th, 2015, 06:18 AM
Count me in
Samantha Jacobs
175 shore dr
Brewster ny 10509

ceramic_pizza
January 16th, 2015, 10:29 AM
I guess I'll try again this year. Hello, I'm a lazy engineering student with poor time management. I might take forever to reply but I will always reply eventually. I like robots, building things, and food.

Stephanie Tan
Edgewood Park apt# 216
Glassboro NJ, 08028

Morgaine
January 16th, 2015, 03:37 PM
Does England count as International.... with regards to Wales?!!!

mrcharlie
January 16th, 2015, 04:29 PM
Strictly humor (humour) impaired answer: No. Even taking 'devolution' into account.

Silverbreeze
January 16th, 2015, 05:30 PM
Pretty sure even Erie isn't international

Type40
January 16th, 2015, 05:30 PM

:) I think the deciding factor is postage. No matter how far or close something physically is, if the postage says it is local or instead crossed some imaginary line, that would be what I would go with.

Nice try though.

Lady Onogaro
January 16th, 2015, 05:51 PM
Like several others I'm going full pelt into (my second) InCoWriMo, of the original 23 I've still got 16 regular correspondents from last year, so I'll be looking to add a few more this year, if you feel like rattling off a letter to a cranky ol' git my address is below. Those of you who are already on the list will know I'm not the most regular but you will get a reply! It's been a most interesting year, I've really enjoyed all those envelopes coming through the letterbox.

Chris Stafford
15 Trienna
Orton Longueville
Peterborough
PE2 7ZW
Cambridgeshire
UK

You are NOT cranky! :) And he's a good correspondent, too.

Dreck
January 16th, 2015, 07:56 PM

Chris Stafford
15 Trienna
Orton Longueville
Peterborough
PE2 7ZW
Cambridgeshire
UK

You are NOT cranky! :) And he's a good correspondent, too.

He's only mildly cranky, which is not cranky at all in comparison to me.

Silverbreeze
January 16th, 2015, 08:25 PM
If they are Cranky..... What am I ???

JustKyle2711
January 17th, 2015, 03:34 AM
Hey there folks!

Man, it's been ages since I have been on here, my apologies.
The South African post office has just finished a long strike they've had, so letters are finally able to be sent out.
I'm certainly in for the 2015 InCoWriMo!
My new address is:

PO Box 547
Lonehill
Johannesburg
Gauteng
South Africa

I'm Justin, 25, avid pipe smoker and collector, very into reading and playing videogames, as well as golf and of course, fountain pens, although I am very new to this wonderful hobby. I also have an unhealthy love for coffee.
I live with my partner of 10 years, our 2 parrots, cat and 2 Rottweilers, in Lonehill, South Africa.
Please feel free to write to me, I shall endeavor to reply in as quickly as possible.

All the best.

Justin

Aleks
January 17th, 2015, 01:15 PM
I'm all in;

Aleks Gutierrez
1801 Garvey Av. #123
Alhambra, CA 91803

ypsilanti
January 17th, 2015, 01:33 PM
Me too.

Rachel Young
PO Box 980022
Ypsilanti MI 48198

Deano
January 18th, 2015, 05:41 PM
I'm in again this year (my second), please PM me for address.

Silverbreeze
January 18th, 2015, 09:37 PM
I am in, address below, for now as above. 2nd year for me. I am a practicing Lean/Six sigma black belt. I read a lot, mostly novels, biographies, business books but am open to anything. I am also a Nascar fan, watching races with my Dad since I was a kid. Dale Jr. fan. I am pretty good at answering letters timely.
Sandy Harmon
3501 Stewart St.
Hutchinson KS 6502
Hey Sandy your Zip Code is missing a number

KristinLane
January 19th, 2015, 01:04 AM
I would love to participate! I'm new to fountain pens but I love how they've led me to correspond with loved ones and new friends.

Kristin Cowles
24391 Opal Hill Court
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

sharmon202
January 19th, 2015, 04:06 AM
Sandy Harmon
3501 Stewart St.
Hutchinson KS 6502
Hey Sandy your Zip Code is missing a number

Thanks a lot Tom, got it edited.

Ted A
January 19th, 2015, 05:10 PM
I'm in again. I've thoroughly enjoyed my correspondence this last year.

Ted Allen
6808 Dovre Dr
Edina, MN 55436
USA

everybodylovesbacon
January 19th, 2015, 09:10 PM
I'm in for my third year in a row. I do enjoy all the writing and receiving in February. I experienced major upheaval over the last year, so a couple of people I should have written back to have been waiting a while. Your letters are coming first! I welcome any correspondence from anyone and don't mind it just being a casual one-time hello :-)

Ashli Kessinger
630 Quintana Road
Morro Bay, CA 93442

natsora
January 20th, 2015, 06:00 AM
I am taking part for InCoWriMo again. This is my second year. I am looking forward for a month of letter writing craziness. If you write to me you will definitely get a reply as long as you are patient.

Junee Lim
Block 489 Jurong West Avenue 1
#06-39 Singapore 640489

MelanieWI
January 20th, 2015, 08:08 AM
I'd love to join in, if I may! I'm 46, a mom, nonprofit worker, love animals, crafts, pens, blue ink, antiques, books, making jewelry, anything vintage or retro. I love writing and receiving letters!

Melanie Wittman
PO Box 2322
Janesville, WI
53547-2322
USA.

sherrylu
January 21st, 2015, 11:02 PM
This would be my second Incowrimo! :D I'll write a reply to every letter I receive. Can't wait to dig into my stationery drawer, woohoo!

Sherry Lu
101-585 Austin Avenue
Coquitlam BC V3K 3N2
Canada

skullstitch
January 22nd, 2015, 08:09 AM
I'm in! I'll gladly reply to whoever wants to write to me.

Mary Kate Roberts
Seabraes Flat 47-Room 3
Seabraes Court
Dundee
DD1 4LA
UK

inlovewithjournals
January 22nd, 2015, 03:53 PM
I will also be participating this year, for the second time. Like so many others who have commented my "Reply To" pile is quite large, and they will be dealt with first. My apologies to anyone who might be waiting on a letter from me; my health went sour last September and my letter writing has suffered the most. I will reply to all who write to me...eventually!

Heather (inlovewithjournals)
13 Coventry Close NE
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
T3K 4C6

I am 44, married, no kids, two cats. In my professional life I am a technical editor for an environmental consulting company. In my personal life I am a blogger, journaler, tea drinker, reader, movie goer and lover of fountain pens, ink and notebooks. :)

00Photo
January 22nd, 2015, 09:44 PM
In for my second year:

Hector Padilla
P.O. Box 164
Cedar Springs, MI 49319

Sailor Kenshin
January 23rd, 2015, 07:52 AM
I'm in again. Bought some fancy-pants stamps. PM for address.

Potter
January 23rd, 2015, 08:28 AM
Seeing that Sailor K has brought some fancy-pants stamps reminded me to share with you my newly acquired stamp selection just in time for this years InCoWriMo, no more dull definitives for me like last year, I've shelled out £21.50 on Ebay and got £30 worth of unused commemoratives to make some fancy envelopes. I've even made some International Economy labels so it'll be much cheaper this year. Check out also my new ASA Galactic frosted acrylic pen that'll also be assisting me this InCoWriMo!

Dreck
January 23rd, 2015, 08:34 AM
The ones above and below the rotund fellow in the bathing suit are intriguing. Is the lower one the Venerable Bede?

Potter
January 23rd, 2015, 08:47 AM
The ones above and below the rotund fellow in the bathing suit are intriguing. Is the lower one the Venerable Bede?

Dreck, the one above the figure that seems to be an obscene caricature of me is from a set marking the 900th anniv of the Domesday Book, whilst the one below is of St Augustine and I believe it is from a set issued in 1997 with the title St Augustine and St Columba - Missions of Faith, it shows Saint Augustine christening King Ethelbert of Kent, the first Saxon king to convert in the Dark Ages. It's your lucky day, I'm working my way through a reply to your last letter and will use these stamps when I reply to you!

Hey I'm getting better at this, just discovered how to do quotes, brilliant, also suddenly I'm rep power 3, yesterday I thought I was Rep Power 0, did I transform overnight? I have no idea what this means!

Dreck
January 23rd, 2015, 09:51 AM
Dreck, the one above the figure that seems to be an obscene caricature of me is from a set marking the 900th anniv of the Domesday Book, whilst the one below is of St Augustine and I believe it is from a set issued in 1997 with the title St Augustine and St Columba - Missions of Faith, it shows Saint Augustine christening King Ethelbert of Kent, the first Saxon king to convert in the Dark Ages. It's your lucky day, I'm working my way through a reply to your last letter and will use these stamps when I reply to you!

Huzzah!!

VertOlive
January 23rd, 2015, 03:48 PM

Hey I'm getting better at this, just discovered how to do quotes, brilliant, also suddenly I'm rep power 3, yesterday I thought I was Rep Power 0, did I transform overnight? I have no idea what this means!

Oh! I have both the St Augustine and the St Columba stamps--canceled, but still wonderful to look at.

manuel1094
January 23rd, 2015, 08:21 PM
I'm in. I'll reply to everything I get as fast as I can. I really hope to stay in touch with as many new pen-pals as I can after InCoWriMo ends. I am a 20 year old business administration student from Caracas, Venezuela, a bonsai enthusiast; a huge fan of fountain pens, of course, ink and paper, I enjoy movies (especially thrillers and coming-of-age films), I look forward to get to know new people and little things from different cultures.
I'm so happy to be able to practice the lost art of letter-writing.

My address:

Manuel Arreaza
P.O. Box 90393
Av. Intercomunal, El Hatillo, Qta. Ipostel
1083 Caracas
Venezuela

shuttlebug
January 24th, 2015, 12:19 AM
Count me in! This will be my first year doing this.
Debbie Bartle
PO Box 291786
Phelan, CA 92329-1786

littletim
January 24th, 2015, 07:39 AM
My first year also.
I am a forty year old male leaving in East Tennessee. I travel frequently within the United States for my job.
I frequents watch, photography, hiking, and of course FPG forums. I enjoyed rational discussion on any religious and political subject. Even if i don't agree, i have gain a broader understanding. My grammer is not always the greatest. I usually write everything in Words. Handwriting is still a fairly new subject.

This is my work address, so i feel more comfortable giving it out.

Tim Nguyen
Smiths Detection
3202 Regal Drive
Alcoa, TN 37701

Alcoa is the location of one the biggest aluminum plant in the US. University of Tennessee is nearby, were collegiate football is a religion.

bosipipes
January 24th, 2015, 08:19 AM
This would be my first.
50yrs old, enjoy collecting fountain pens, Making fountain pens, brewing beer , woodworking and Bourbon.
Kirk D. BOSI
15807 Rolland Dr.
Manhattan, Il. 60442

Costanza
January 24th, 2015, 06:34 PM
I just found out about this while lurking on the forum. I love sending and receiving letters so this sounds like a lot of fun. Count me in. I will reply as quickly as I can.

Cris Novak
PO Box 2575
Naples FL 34106-2575

TerraNoir
January 25th, 2015, 09:40 AM
This will be my second year in!! I love writing letters and last year was just too much fun. So I am back for more. Hopefully I will get to know more of you fine people better.

Ronay Chase
4431 N. Spaulding Ave. Apt. 1
Chicago, IL 60625

nusiax
January 25th, 2015, 01:08 PM
Can not believe another year has passed. Looking forward to writing lots of notes and replies. Interest travel, technology and of course pens and paper.

Address
Jean Robert Hunter Deuling
Paul Krugerstraat 353
4382 MK Vllissingen
The Netherlands

Morgaine
January 25th, 2015, 03:11 PM
didn't someone do a spreadsheet last year?

ceramic_pizza
January 25th, 2015, 04:11 PM
hmm, yeah I think so. Want to create one? Also whoever is a mod should unsticky the 2014 one and sticky this post.

fountainpenkid
January 25th, 2015, 04:13 PM
Yay!

Send to:
Will Platt
P.O Box 453
Madison CT
USA

roxtime
January 26th, 2015, 09:30 AM
Well, I still owe some people letters but I have to joint this again :)
If you are interested, write me please:

Andrea Durianova
P.O.Box 135
91701 Trnava 1
Slovak republic

I work at the university as a classical archaeologist, love history, traveling and foreign languages, music (especially jazz and rock) and of course, books (I am a bookworm)... I do not need to mention my passion for fountain pens and stationery :)

Nigel
January 26th, 2015, 03:09 PM
Please count me in for 2015! Please PM me if you need to know more about me before writing :confused: It can take a while for me to reply... but you will get one.

Nigel Lamb
Vlierboomstraat 155
NL-2564HG Den Haag (The Hague)
Netherlands

inkyletters
January 26th, 2015, 04:22 PM
That moment when you look at the InCoWriMo map on the website with the participants from each state and go.... Why yes I think I can name a third of these participants.

Silverbreeze
January 26th, 2015, 04:32 PM
Lol provably

player 1
January 28th, 2015, 08:50 AM
As requested:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DFPbulF4ehvL9RJJJQoSfsvDAdXK24p0DH2yuTO1vb8/edit?usp=sharing

List made from the posts in this thread. I did it pretty quickly so you should probably check in case I missed you/bungled up the copy & paste.

Anyone should be able to edit it so have fun.

Sailor Kenshin
January 28th, 2015, 10:19 AM
Correspondents will be reading some Mystery Inks. It'll be like Christmas all over again!

sharmon202
January 28th, 2015, 05:21 PM
Does anyone know, is Eric Schneider's address really in Mexico for InCoWriMo?

Silverbreeze
January 28th, 2015, 05:27 PM
Yes he hasn't returned to be best of my knowledge though Dan would know :-)

Tracy Lee
January 28th, 2015, 06:04 PM
Does anyone know, is Eric Schneider's address really in Mexico for InCoWriMo?
I do but wouldn't post it without his permission of course. The InCoWriMo.org website has his Cali address and as he manages that, I would suggest using the address he posted.

Nashtah
January 28th, 2015, 06:16 PM
ON the InCoWriMo he has posted that he is not in Mexico and has posted an address for Caly on the comments below the "these 28 people would..."

Silverbreeze
January 28th, 2015, 06:18 PM
Ah need to update my incowrimo address book

inkyletters
January 28th, 2015, 07:48 PM
Correspondents will be reading some Mystery Inks. It'll be like Christmas all over again!

THat sounds like super fun.

Poppet
January 28th, 2015, 10:52 PM
YEEEESSS! I've been patiently stalking this thread, awaiting the start of the 2015 Incowrimo! I'm in! Please PM me for address.

Oh such fun to be had!

UPDATE - my postal address is now PO Box 1504, Surfers Paradise Qld 4217 Australia

kookatsoon
January 29th, 2015, 12:09 AM
I am daunted...February 1st is just around the corner!!!! I would love to try to participate again this year...by starting to write to some of the people that wrote to me last year, that I did not get around to replying to...yep...I messed up last year.."strange things happen in the Midnight sun"...You know who you are!

28 letters in the month of February...here I go!
Anyone looking for a new address/correspondence/pen pal can write to me...and I will do my very best to write back, if not in February, then in March.

Janis Jessop
Box 11290
Kookatsoon Lake
The Yukon
Canada
Y1A 6S2

Thanks everyone, and good luck. I am looking forwards to writers cramp, and receiving and sending lots of letters.:)

migo984
January 29th, 2015, 08:39 AM
Conundrum:
I would love to do InCoWriMo again this year but the timing is terrible for me. I'm moving to the other side of the planet (literally) for six months soon, so return letters to my current address won't get delivered. Would anyone mind if I did InCoWriMo in March instead, then I could write to some of you good folks & get reply letters sent to my new address?

Tracy Lee
January 29th, 2015, 09:27 AM
Conundrum:
I would love to do InCoWriMo again this year but the timing is terrible for me. I'm moving to the other side of the planet (literally) for six months soon, so return letters to my current address won't get delivered. Would anyone mind if I did InCoWriMo in March instead, then I could write to some of you good folks & get reply letters sent to my new address?
Anytime is great for me Migo. I can happily do that in March!

sgtstretch
January 29th, 2015, 09:29 AM
Conundrum:

You can hit me up in March if you'd like.

Silverbreeze
January 29th, 2015, 09:34 AM
Conundrum:

As fits your needs Migo. It will be fun to get something when the Febuary flurries have faded

migo984
January 29th, 2015, 10:33 AM
Aw shucks, thanks y'all :hug:

*my attempt at hackneyed colloquial American* Hee Hee :)

measi
January 29th, 2015, 02:45 PM
I write all year long, Migo - so feel free to toss me a letter in March, and I'll be sure to respond as time allows. :)

player 1
January 29th, 2015, 04:20 PM
Whoo last minute prep.

I'm available at:
Stephanie
PO Box 10903
Westminster CA 92685

For anything that strikes your fancy or whim. I may be an atrociously slow writer but will respond to any mail I get.

Alex Hackmann
January 29th, 2015, 06:56 PM
Me me me!

Alex Hackmann
Rua Ernesto Alves, 2350 sala 104
Taquara, RS
95600-000
Brazil

Lady Onogaro
January 29th, 2015, 07:34 PM
Conundrum:

I will certainly write you in Australia (got your letter today, by the way).

DMurphy
January 30th, 2015, 05:45 AM
I enjoy writing and receiving letters and post cards!

About me:
49 year old, father, married 28 years, jack of all trades master of many, Apple Computers, Music (I listen to just about anything), Reading (Currently reading Dragon's Run and 4 Hour Chef), enjoy fountain pens, ink, paper, business partner/owner, 1 child, coffee, movies, photography. I like lots of stuff and can go on and on just about anything, or so my wife says.

David Murphy
3944 N. Narcissus Ave
Broken Arrow, OK 74012

jadehawk
January 30th, 2015, 11:56 AM
Please add me as a target..

Paul Mejia
Po box 162551
Miami Florida 33116

I'm a slow writer but eventually will get back to you.. that reminds me I need to reply to 2 letters..

Write about anything, no topic will be censored!

Jimothy
January 30th, 2015, 02:11 PM
I'm in. Probably going to take me the whole month to reply to people that I have been neglecting for months due to a spot of ill health. Back to normal again now and inking up my pens again.

akapulko2020
January 31st, 2015, 12:05 AM
Considering to jump in. Madness,sheer madness given my schedule, but here goes :

37 year old, mom and wife,( 2 kids,4 cats, 1 new puppy ) full time Software Developer, avid reader ( non fiction, chick lit, women fiction, Jane Austen and her fanfics , and more ).
Love to cook and bake, not loving not having enough time to do it.
Recently into fountain pens and trying to be financially sensible about it.
Discovered doodling and coloring sometime last year as being therapeutic for me. Trying meditation using the Headspace app lately and really enjoying it.

I live in Israel, so replies might be somewhat delayed ( international post etc )

please PM me for my address

zzdia
January 31st, 2015, 05:03 AM
I'm in too! :D I added my details to the google doc. :)

akapulko2020
January 31st, 2015, 05:45 AM
I'm in too! :D I added my details to the google doc. :)
Cool, i've added mine there too

VertOlive
January 31st, 2015, 02:19 PM
Less than 8 hours to go....!

Morgaine
January 31st, 2015, 02:56 PM
It is February somewhere right now! 2 and a few minutes to go for me!

WanderingFool
January 31st, 2015, 03:38 PM
I am in. Will write back to anyone that writes to me.

Message me for Address.

About me
Im 38 with 2 teenagers. Married for 18 years. I enjoy Blacksmithing, knives, and pens. I have been into Fountain Pens for about 10 years.

Thanks
Dave

Type40
January 31st, 2015, 07:23 PM
Anyone else think it is a bit rude to have the first day of InCoWriMo(formerly February) be a non mail day?

ceramic_pizza
January 31st, 2015, 07:33 PM
Yeah I know. :( it's quite upsetting. Sunday's just shouldnt exist during February.

allanorn
January 31st, 2015, 07:36 PM
Anyone else think it is a bit rude to have the first day of InCoWriMo(formerly February) be a non mail day?

Not at all. Just gives us more time to write without the pressure of the postman. :)

ceramic_pizza
January 31st, 2015, 07:41 PM
True, mail is delivered/collected in the morning where I am. If I wanted to mail something out before the mail person comes it'll need to be written at around 7 am.

mwooten
January 31st, 2015, 08:37 PM
I have thought about giving it a shot previously, but the hectic schedules never seem to allow. Even though still hectic, you all have inspired me to give it a shot this year. I figure if anyone is brave enough to try and read my horrible penmanship then why not.

Marty Wooten
810 N. Jefferson St.
Muncie, Indiana 47305

ndw76
January 31st, 2015, 10:10 PM
I'm not sure if I'm going to write as many letters as last year, but I will answer every letter I receive.

Nathan Walker
525/327 Townhouse Pacha-uthit
Pacha-uthit Road
Tungkru
Bangkok 10140
Thailand

I'm an Australian in Thailand so if you can't understand my handwriting, it's not Thai, just bad handwriting.

Hendy
January 31st, 2015, 11:04 PM
This is Germany 7 am: Happy IncoWriMo everybody!

Hendy
January 31st, 2015, 11:06 PM

Well I at least need a day off during the week to rest my hand from all that writing :crazy_pilot:

migo984
February 1st, 2015, 12:09 AM

It's perfect timing. It means we can go to the South West Pen Show in Bristol today & maybe* buy a few new pens to write my InCoWriMo** letters with :)

* definition of "maybe" = definitely!
** InCoWriMo will carry-over into March for me, due to move to Australia soon.

Toffer
February 1st, 2015, 02:57 AM
I'm in as it is a good way off making me pull my finger out and replying to the stack of letters I have already! ( Sorry people!) My current address is
42 Sackville street
Todmorden
OL14 5BS
UK
I am moving in a couple of weeks but am doing mail forwarding so hopefully any letters should still find me!
I love the outdoors, especially mountain biking, love Dr Who ( new not watched any old ones yet!) and lots of other stuff I will gladly talk about to anyone.

Potter
February 1st, 2015, 03:46 AM
Not only is it the start of InCoWriMo, but it's my birthday, 60 year old young today! Look what my youngest son and daughter in law brought me, just right (write) for the forthcoming writing extravaganza...

Silverbreeze
February 1st, 2015, 05:53 AM
Not only is it the start of InCoWriMo, but it's my birthday, 60 year old young today! Look what my youngest son and daughter in law brought me, just right (write) for the forthcoming writing extravaganza...

Happy getting younger day
Ones Irish green what's the reddish box?

writingrav
February 1st, 2015, 07:57 AM

Happy Birthday!! Great gifts!!

writingrav
February 1st, 2015, 07:59 AM

It's perfect timing. It means we can go to the South West Pen Show in Bristol today & maybe* buy a few new pens to write my InCoWriMo** letters with :)

* definition of "maybe" = definitely!
** InCoWriMo will carry-over into March for me, due to move to Australia soon.

I slipped my first letters into yesterday's late mail for this very reason.

ceramic_pizza
February 1st, 2015, 08:26 AM
Happy incowrimo! I woke up earlier than usual today. Maybe my subconscious is telling me to write some letters? Heh.

TerraNoir
February 1st, 2015, 08:41 AM
Well I might get snowed in for the first day of InCoWriMo...so I may get more letters written today than I thought I would. Woohoo!

jbb
February 1st, 2015, 09:15 AM
InCorWriMo Day 1 --- done! :) ....keeping up so far. Last year I doubled up on several days. One per day is hard with work but 28 in the month I could manage.

Christopher McKellar
February 1st, 2015, 09:57 AM
I'm in.

Christopher McKellar
1448 Harrison Avenue
Salt Lake City, Utah 84105
U.S.A.

allanorn
February 1st, 2015, 10:05 AM
Last thing I needed before starting InCoWriMo arrived in the mail yesterday:

Now to pick an ink from the box to use it with....

writingrav
February 1st, 2015, 12:31 PM
Nice way to get started. Use it well!

Lady Onogaro
February 1st, 2015, 01:09 PM

Dibs on cat ones! :)

Your avatar is drawing (rep) power!

Lady Onogaro
February 1st, 2015, 01:12 PM

Happy Birthday, Chris! Those who gifted you have good taste in all things inkly, unless you gave them hints. :)

Now that you've shown us these, you will have to produce some ink reviews with that new pen!

Potter
February 1st, 2015, 01:48 PM

Happy Birthday, Chris! Those who gifted you have good taste in all things inkly, unless you gave them hints. :)

Now that you've shown us these, you will have to produce some ink reviews with that new pen!

It was my youngest sons idea, he lives in Yorkshire (but I don't hold that against him) and found the inks on the on 'The Pen Shop' website, his nearest shop was some distance away in Leeds, but he noticed that there was a branch in Cambridge very near where his elder brother works, so he prevailed upon him to obtain them for me, I'd not got the burgundy Red or the Irish Green but I didn't tell him I already had the Toffee Brown (as well as a 150ml bottle of the very, very similar Akkerman #23 Hague Brown) so I think I might try my luck at making a PIF of it. I will have a go at doing a review of one of them, once I've got my InCoWriMo out of the way.

I'm a very lucky chap, later on today my eldest and his Czech fiancée presented me with their gift, a mid-Victorian writing box, in need of some TLC but a lovely thought.

Costanza
February 1st, 2015, 02:23 PM
1st letter is written and in the box, though it won't go out until tomorrow.

I'm excited for my first InCoWriMo! :bounce::bounce:

VertOlive
February 1st, 2015, 04:07 PM
All of my Raven Staff has been carbo-loading for the past week in preparation for their Air Mail delivery campaign this month.

Two of them are ready to be let slip with the first two letters tomorrow.

Happy "InCrowWriMo"!

Tracy Lee
February 1st, 2015, 04:24 PM
4 letters and a postcard take flight tomorrow. Bring it! Happy Writeuary everyone!

Silverbreeze
February 1st, 2015, 04:25 PM
All of my Raven Staff has been carbo-loading for the past week in preparation for their Air Mail delivery campaign this month.

Two of them are ready to be let slip with the first two letters tomorrow.

Happy "InCrowWriMo"!

Did you summon Dire White Ravens from The Grand House of Claus? Princess Snow wears her Traveling cloak and is on ride about in the New World

lannen
February 1st, 2015, 05:30 PM
I'm in for my second year
Jerry
1346 Ritter Dr
Gardnerville, NV 89460
USA

DPWilkens
February 1st, 2015, 05:45 PM
Man, February slipped up fast... Count me in.

DPWilkens
2092 Farleigh Rd
Upper Arlington, Ohio 43221
USA

VertOlive
February 1st, 2015, 10:05 PM
This beady eyed crew hails from the North, the Kingdom of the Starks because, you know:"Winter is Coming"

Something to brighten up our collective February! Big Snow has shut down the schools tomorrow...

Hendy
February 2nd, 2015, 12:32 PM
well as southern Germany (Konstanz) is kind of snowed in tonight, and everyone is going crazy about 10 cm of snow (compared to the US thats nothing I know) there is nothing to do but write letters! 4 done, 3 more to go ;-)

kelly41
February 2nd, 2015, 01:41 PM
I don't know if I'll manage the whole month as I suffer with chronic pain so some days can't manage it but would it be ok if I wrote to a few of you on here this month?

Silverbreeze
February 2nd, 2015, 01:55 PM
I don't know if I'll manage the whole month as I suffer with chronic pain so some days can't manage it but would it be ok if I wrote to a few of you on here this month?
Kelly write as you can when you.are able. I enjoy snail mail all year round. If I get a note asking for a reply I send one as I can

I have Cerebral Palsy so hit physical limits too and have a rough idea what you may feel frustration wise

Tom

chojo
February 2nd, 2015, 01:59 PM
Kelly write as you can when you.are able. I enjoy snail mail all year round. If I get a note asking for a reply I send one as I can

I have Cerebral Palsy so hit physical limits too and have a rough idea what you may feel frustration wise

Tom

Tom's right kelly, just do what your comfortable with and most of all enjoy yourself. There's a lot of good folk on here who understand sometimes life get's in the way.

sharmon202
February 2nd, 2015, 03:27 PM

Write if you need an extra letter. I imagine you will have a ton of offers. I write year around and do timely replies.

Sandy Harmon
3501 Stewart St
Hutchinson KS 67502

sharmon202
February 2nd, 2015, 03:32 PM
Ya'll not going to believe the unexpected letter I had to write today....to try to get out of jury duty. I got the letter for March Jury duty today. I have expanded duties starting this month and an entire new initiative to be responsible for and implement in the next 6 months, then this. Everywhere I move to they find me. My partner of 22 years, has she ever once been called???.....NO. What the heck? I normally will do my duty as called. I was a juror in a death penalty once , that should be enough to be worth a lifetime pass, would not wish that on anyone. Anyway, wish me luck or it will be very bad for me with workload. Jeesshhhh

Silverbreeze
February 2nd, 2015, 03:50 PM
Yeah how can I get out of their system too

Silverbreeze
February 2nd, 2015, 03:52 PM
I swear they pull all the weirdly spelt names because Foreigners are easier to manipulate and brow beat

Sailor Kenshin
February 2nd, 2015, 04:38 PM

Sure thing...BTDT.

writingrav
February 2nd, 2015, 04:54 PM

Please do, if you want and can.

checkrail
February 3rd, 2015, 01:29 AM
Last year there were separate threads for contact details and for ICWM chat. I think that was probably more helpful, particularly for newcomers.
Kind regards
Timothy

Morgaine
February 3rd, 2015, 03:34 AM

Don't worry if you cannot write every day. Don't worry if you cannot even finish a letter in one day (some of my letters take a few days to write as I grab a cuppa in a cafe and write there... as well as at home but there can be distractions), but do try to write and post at least one letter a week!

VertOlive
February 3rd, 2015, 02:58 PM
Ya'll not going to believe the unexpected letter I had to write today....to try to get out of jury duty. I got the letter for March Jury duty today. I have expanded duties starting this month and an entire new initiative to be responsible for and implement in the next 6 months, then this. Everywhere I move to they find me. My partner of 22 years, has she ever once been called???.....NO. What the heck? I normally will do my duty as called. I was a juror in a death penalty once , that should be enough to be worth a lifetime pass, would not wish that on anyone. Anyway, wish me luck or it will be very bad for me with workload. Jeesshhhh

For what it's worth, the one time I was asked, 30 years ago, I told them I did not believe in the death penalty. I was excused and never summoned again, no matter where I've lived. I think I'm on a secret government list of People Who Won't Fry You, so they don't bother with me anymore.

:tinfoil3:

Lady Onogaro
February 3rd, 2015, 06:47 PM
You are welcome to write me, Kelly. I'll understand it if you can't manage it until next month, too!

kelly41
February 4th, 2015, 10:38 AM
thanks guys I've just managed to write a couple ready for hubby to post in the morning:)

allanorn
February 4th, 2015, 11:34 AM
Forgot I have a biz box that you can write to - PM me for an address.

I travel quite a bit, do public speaking and yoga on a regular basis, have interests in traditional shaving and fountain pens (of course), and am currently working on a side biz. Not exactly the fastest writer, but I'll eventually write back.

ceramic_pizza
February 5th, 2015, 02:42 PM
I can't decide who to write to first. Ah man.

Well random generater time.

Morgaine
February 5th, 2015, 02:50 PM
The oldest letter to reply to in my pile arrived on the 27th (as a reply to a letter I posted early January), so in order to let there be more things to write, I need to pick someone else to write to. I wonder who it will be (just on the forum? or maybe a name on the InCoWriMo site itself....?)

mtnbiker62
February 5th, 2015, 02:58 PM
The oldest letter to reply to in my pile arrived on the 27th (as a reply to a letter I posted early January), so in order to let there be more things to write, I need to pick someone else to write to. I wonder who it will be (just on the forum? or maybe a name on the InCoWriMo site itself....?)

Pick me!!

allanorn
February 5th, 2015, 03:07 PM

I want to know who has Antarctica covered, and if that's a publicly known address we can write to.

alc3261
February 5th, 2015, 03:23 PM

For what it's worth, the one time I was asked, 30 years ago, I told them I did not believe in the death penalty. I was excused and never summoned again, no matter where I've lived. I think I'm on a secret government list of People Who Won't Fry You, so they don't bother with me anymore.

I'm exempt, Police Psychiatrist!!

Silverbreeze
February 5th, 2015, 03:53 PM
Is Bill Milling one of us?
If so you.have a twisted sense of humor.

Should I risk opening it??

Type40
February 5th, 2015, 03:59 PM
I want to know who has Antarctica covered, and if that's a publicly known address we can write to.

After seeing the dot on the InCoWriMo map, I did a little research. Mawson Station, is an Australian station (there are others, including I think three for the US) and after doing a few searches, found this page (http://www.antarctica.gov.au/living-and-working/family-and-friends/introductory-package/mail-closing-dates). The page is written assuming that the audience would be Australians, which made me wonder if normal postage and process held. I asked a few of our local members and the general consensus was, it should.

I sent one on the second to:
InCoWriMo Participant
Mawson Station
Australian Antarctic Division 203
Channel Highway
KINGSTON TAS 7050
Australia

hoping that it will find the right person. I also added a bit of an introduction/explanation in case someone not aware of us finds it first.

I will let post what results I get.

Lady Onogaro
February 5th, 2015, 05:25 PM

He sent you spam? You can't escape it, even when you are offline...

Art
February 5th, 2015, 05:26 PM

I don't know if Bill reads this site. You did say "Spam my mail box.." on the InCoWriMo site :) I'm sure the Spam is as safe as Spam can be.

Last year he sent me a letter on a sheet of paper 6 inches by 4 feet and ended it with "Well this letter is long enough". I enjoy his humor. I think you will enjoy your correspondence with him if you choose reply.

Art

cwent2
February 5th, 2015, 05:40 PM

I received an off the wall missive as well - a balloon pump and three balloons written on in an attempt to fill my mail box.... I am to pump up the balloons and fill my mail box with them...

Just have to find out how the heck he wrote on the balloons without them popping.....

Sailor Kenshin
February 5th, 2015, 05:43 PM

I received an off the wall missive as well - a balloon pump and three balloons written on in an attempt to fill my mail box.... I am to pump up the balloons and fill my mail box with them...

Just have to find out how the heck he wrote on the balloons without them popping.....

I used to do that all the time. Just not with a fountain pen.

cwent2
February 5th, 2015, 05:50 PM

I used to do that all the time. Just not with a fountain pen.

This was not done with a ballpoint - mayhap a roller ball - but looks like a fountain pen was used do to the ink splots......

Silverbreeze
February 5th, 2015, 05:51 PM

Felt marker

Jonathan
February 5th, 2015, 08:17 PM
OK, I'm starting late (again!) but I'm in! I'll start with the folks to whom I still owe some letters from last year :-)

Jonathan Siegel
415 Weaver Street
Larchmont. NY 10538
USA

Stay inked, everyone :-)

Holsworth
February 5th, 2015, 08:21 PM

Hell yes, fried spam sandwich!

Tracy Lee
February 6th, 2015, 12:02 PM

I'm exempt, Police Psychiatrist!!
Being a lawyer works well too, but pretty expensive to just avoid jury duty.

Tracy Lee
February 6th, 2015, 12:03 PM

Bill is absolutely one of us and totally awesome! Open it!

Lady Onogaro
February 6th, 2015, 12:58 PM

He's afraid that something other than Spam will pop out. (Snakes, anyone?)

Tracy Lee
February 6th, 2015, 01:18 PM

EXACTLY! [emoji3]

VertOlive
February 6th, 2015, 04:16 PM

EXACTLY! [emoji3]

But...what if it's CLOWNS ?!? :shocked:

Mags
February 7th, 2015, 01:08 AM
Sadly only one new pen pal letter in. Where are my new pen pal letters?

VertOlive
February 7th, 2015, 02:27 AM
Sadly only one new pen pal letter in. Where are my new pen pal letters?

Copy that. Just one new pen pal arrived a week into InCo. Waiting for the Tsunami...

Hendy
February 7th, 2015, 03:30 AM
just run out of post stamps.......

writingrav
February 7th, 2015, 05:38 AM
Yes, the five letters I received yesterday contained only one new Incowrimo letter. I too await the deluge.

kelly41
February 7th, 2015, 07:00 AM
My letters will take a little while to arrive, so far I've not wrote to a single person in the UK ive done Netherlands Germany and 3 to USA need a few more but if anyone wants to write to me in England pm me and I'll send address
I'm a PhD scientist specialising in the use of genetic engineering of cell lines for the production of therapeutic drugs or at least I was until spinal surgery knocked me off my feet :( love animals, originally trained as a vet so have lots of pets both furry and scaley. I can't promise a prompt reply but I will try :)

Sailor Kenshin
February 7th, 2015, 08:13 AM
The first week or so of InCo is nice and calm. Then it gets crazy.

Holsworth
February 7th, 2015, 10:45 AM
My letters will take a little while to arrive, so far I've not wrote to a single person in the UK ive done Netherlands Germany and 3 to USA need a few more but if anyone wants to write to me in England pm me and I'll send address
I'm a PhD scientist specialising in the use of genetic engineering of cell lines for the production of therapeutic drugs or at least I was until spinal surgery knocked me off my feet :( love animals, originally trained as a vet so have lots of pets both furry and scaley. I can't promise a prompt reply but I will try :)

Hi Kelly, PM me your address and I'll send you a letter. Always happy to write to other people in the UK, all those international stamps get expensive! ;-)

ceramic_pizza
February 7th, 2015, 01:35 PM
Incoming inco mail has been slow so far. I have nothing coming in. Well I guess I need to make new friends now.

Mags
February 7th, 2015, 04:10 PM
5 more letters done earlier today and $33 in postage and $10 in envelopes. I am set for my last wave of outbound letters.

inlovewithjournals
February 7th, 2015, 05:11 PM
I think I owe you one Mags. I'm working through my reply to pile! :)

faithdonna
February 8th, 2015, 08:14 AM

EXACTLY! [emoji3]

Nooooo...! :bolt:

Ted A
February 8th, 2015, 08:37 AM
I was feeling kind of neglected, but then I got my first one yesterday. It was written on the 2nd and posted on the 3rd, arriving at the end of the first week. I have to remember there is a reason it's called Snail-mail. :)

allanorn
February 8th, 2015, 01:40 PM
Only one letter in but I also expect a small flurry in near the end of the month.

ThriveToScribe
February 8th, 2015, 02:18 PM
I was feeling kind of neglected, but then I got my first one yesterday. It was written on the 2nd and posted on the 3rd, arriving at the end of the first week. I have to remember there is a reason it's called Snail-mail. :)

That's still pretty quick, even for the so-called "snail mail"!

ThriveToScribe
February 8th, 2015, 02:19 PM
ROFL.....You guys made my Day!

ThriveToScribe
February 8th, 2015, 02:21 PM

You all made my day!

EXACTLY! [emoji3]

Nooooo...! :bolt:

You all made my day.....LOLOLOL!

DaveBj
February 8th, 2015, 06:29 PM
I got in on it a few days late, but as of yesterday and today I'm caught up. And here are my coordinates:

David Bjornstad
451 County Road 426
Cullman AL 35057

Mags
February 8th, 2015, 07:44 PM
Phidon Pens a local pen store in Cambridge Ont wants to see your InCoWriMo letter pictures on Facebook so find Phidon and like them then send a picture before midnight and you may win her InCoWriMo draw for a desk set. If you want send her an email and order ink, pens or some lovely daytimer or leather products. Tell her Mags sent you. 16250

Runnin_Ute
February 8th, 2015, 07:53 PM
Brad Merrill
10553 White Sands Dr.
Sandy, UT 84070
USA

Runnin_Ute
February 8th, 2015, 07:58 PM

Don't worry if you cannot write every day. Don't worry if you cannot even finish a letter in one day (some of my letters take a few days to write as I grab a cuppa in a cafe and write there... as well as at home but there can be distractions), but do try to write and post at least one letter a week!

There was more than one Monday morning I went into work with a handful of letters to put in the outgoing mail. (5-10)

Right now, I have one I started yesterday (a response) and another that arrived yesterday.

ceramic_pizza
February 8th, 2015, 10:52 PM
Phidon Pens a local pen store in Cambridge Ont wants to see your InCoWriMo letter pictures on Facebook so find Phidon and like them then send a picture before midnight and you may win her InCoWriMo draw for a desk set. If you want send her an email and order ink, pens or some lovely daytimer or leather products. Tell her Mags sent you. 16250

Sees post, Looks at clock. Oh its almost one. :(

Mags
February 8th, 2015, 10:59 PM
Enter anyway the next week of prizes starts after midnight.

VertOlive
February 9th, 2015, 01:51 PM

Oh-- The Night of Postcards...I Like it!

None in, one out to a new pen pal in UK. Everybody getting tuck-ins so far.

bertcarson
February 9th, 2015, 07:55 PM
I'm been waiting to see you on the InCoWriMo site - talk about looking in all the wrong place. I trust you're staying warm.

bertcarson
February 9th, 2015, 08:02 PM
Between his letter to Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI and mine to His Holiness The Dalai Lama we have the Spiritual Celebrities covered. - all my best to him.

Silverbreeze
February 9th, 2015, 08:06 PM
I sent to the current pope and the Dalai Lama

bertcarson
February 9th, 2015, 08:20 PM
Bill is one of us - my most prolific pen pal (though we live across town from each other we've not met except in letters) - I'm confident it's safe to open anything from him.

bertcarson
February 9th, 2015, 08:28 PM
I've been sending InCoWriMo letters since mid-Jan. 7 replies but no new letters yet - of course until now my address has only been on the InCoMoWri web site:

Bert Carson
2304 Bide A Wee Drive NE
Huntsville, AL 35801
USA

Bill, Remember, I'm vegetarian - no spam please

DaveBj
February 9th, 2015, 08:35 PM
I've been sending InCoWriMo letters since mid-Jan. 7 replies but no new letters yet - of course until now my address has only been on the InCoMoWri web site:

Bert Carson
2304 Bide A Wee Drive NE
Huntsville, AL 35801
USA

Letter coming your way in a couple days. Shouldn't take too long; I live in Cullman.

bertcarson
February 9th, 2015, 08:51 PM
I'm already standing by the mail box waiting - thanks.

transknition
February 9th, 2015, 10:31 PM
I want to play! I'll do some postcards to catch up the first nine days, if that's an acceptable thing to do. PM me if you want my address. I'll be totally honest about my reliability: I struggle with depression, and I'm not always in the best headspace to reply in a timely manner. But I will try. I'll send out some letters to people who've already posted addresses, but I understand completely if you all don't want a flaky pen pal.

ETA: I read a lot of history and science non-fiction, I used to be a goth if that gives you an idea about my musical tastes, I listen to a lot of podcasts but don't watch much television, and I'm a godless heathen, queer, and trans. If you plan to bring up that last bit in your letter, read this first (www.glaad.org/transgender/trans101) and don't make me regret telling y'all. :)

bertcarson
February 9th, 2015, 10:49 PM
Question

Yes, you can write to anyone - does not have to be new people - I wrote one to my wife.

It all counts

Carl, I love you writing to your wife. I'm going to write mine and mention that I got the idea from you. Thanks, Bert

Holsworth
February 10th, 2015, 12:11 AM

Bert Carson
2304 Bide A Wee Drive NE
Huntsville, AL 35801
USA

I sent a reply to you on 2nd Feb, so hopefully you should get it soon!

bertcarson
February 10th, 2015, 07:15 AM

Bert Carson
2304 Bide A Wee Drive NE
Huntsville, AL 35801
USA

That's great! I was starting to take this personal. I'll let you know when it's in hand and then reply immediately.

mailartist
February 10th, 2015, 07:49 AM
Toward the end of last week, I sent letters to both you and "Mrs. Bert." They should roll in there soon, and augment your "replies" number.

VertOlive
February 10th, 2015, 08:21 AM
Between his letter to Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI and mine to His Holiness The Dalai Lama we have the Spiritual Celebrities covered. - all my best to him.

Let not your heart be troubled--you're in my "In Aquarium" and on the Reply list!

mtnbiker62
February 10th, 2015, 08:56 AM
8 out, 2 in so far. And one was from a new pen friend! Good week so far!

transknition
February 10th, 2015, 05:30 PM
I wrote ten postcards to friends and family today. They were long postcards. (Content, not physical size.) I wrote to people I've been out of touch with, telling them I still think of them often and that I'd love to hear from them more. It felt nice. Tonight I'm going to write an actual letter to someone. Just have to decide who...

bertcarson
February 10th, 2015, 11:06 PM

Let not your heart be troubled--you're in my "In Aquarium" and on the Reply list!

And I haven't forgotten the mobi - just not quite ready for presentation yet but in the works

ddustinn
February 11th, 2015, 02:53 AM
I've already sent letters to a handful of you, but I haven't received many yet, so I'll put my address out there:

Dustin Long
1251 S 26th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19146

mailartist
February 11th, 2015, 07:16 AM
I wrote ten postcards to friends and family today. They were long postcards. (Content, not physical size.) I wrote to people I've been out of touch with, telling them I still think of them often and that I'd love to hear from them more. It felt nice. Tonight I'm going to write an actual letter to someone. Just have to decide who...

Your remark, transknition, reminds me of a segment in the recent YouTube movie "Making Mail: A Documentary," where one of the featured artists says that if she's feeling angry -- and she makes some mail for someone -- she feels better. Even though she's making it while frustrated, the person on the other end will enjoy her work, and it will make their day.

As someone who has been "dog-chasing-its-tail" with depressions (plural . . .) throughout my life, I have found that art therapies (writing, drawing, etc.) are one of the fastest-acting anti-depressants out there, especially when I put a stamp on whatever I'm making and send it off. Creativity not only makes me feel productive as a person -- and still of use to society (especially when I'm most "in the blues" and feeling crummy about everything) -- but it helps me interact with others in a lower stress way than face-to-face contact. And it's great when someone does thank me for something I've sent!

Plus, by writing to others on a regular basis (friends, family and strangers), I can remember two very important things that I might otherwise forget at that point. One, that I and my depression not the only two entities on the planet (writing forces me to think outside myself, for which I'm grateful). And two, that most everyone (clinically depressed or no) has challenges, worries, fears and stressors, and that a letter can be balm to all of those. Yes, I may still trod Eeyore-glum around the house until that bout goes away, but somehow I don't feel so "woe is me" afflicted, knowing that So-and-So is dealing with health issues and employment setbacks, and Thus-and-Such has car problems, financial vexations, and PTSD. I somehow feel more empowered by this to carry my own load. Writing letters, then, is good for me, and has to be good for those whose mailboxes I'm sending things to. After all, who doesn't like to get a letter?

It's fun therapy for the cost of a stamp. I swear by it.

sharmon202
February 11th, 2015, 03:42 PM
OK, I got 20 in the mail as of tomorrow morning. I did not start until Feb 1 ya'll. I have some out of town on business coming up, the reason for the hurry up. I will do more than 28 if I can but I wanted to actually hit the goal this year. Last year I only managed 19. Hope everyone is having fun, I am. This is a great month to choose to do this, too cold to do anything outside.

sharmon202
February 11th, 2015, 06:23 PM
Special letter in today......how beautiful. Thanks MS

bertcarson
February 12th, 2015, 08:36 AM
I've already sent letters to a handful of you, but I haven't received many yet, so I'll put my address out there:

Dustin Long
1251 S 26th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19146

I'm adding you to my list for today (it might not make the post office until tomorrow, but you can count on getting as fast as the pony express can get it there.)

bertcarson
February 12th, 2015, 07:07 PM

Bert Carson
2304 Bide A Wee Drive NE
Huntsville, AL 35801
USA

Holly, your letter arrived today!!! Thanks very much. Reply in the mail tomorrow.

Mags
February 13th, 2015, 04:40 AM
My first incoming letter arrived. Yes!

akapulko2020
February 14th, 2015, 09:54 AM
One received, 4 sent ..

Stands With A Fiddle
February 15th, 2015, 07:49 PM
I'm in!

[address deleted - private message me if you need it]

Now to write some letters!

Sailor Kenshin
February 16th, 2015, 04:38 AM
InCoWriMo's here
Though letters do get written
Snow has other plans

Silverbreeze
February 16th, 2015, 06:36 AM
I have rubber banded USA and International piles just waiting on ice to not be dangerous

Dad Of Sapling
February 17th, 2015, 06:46 PM
I may be a little behind this year, but I'm in for a second year. PM me for my address.

Sailor Kenshin
February 18th, 2015, 05:13 AM
Two days in a row
Snow preventing mail pickup
Pens and inks are sad