PDA

View Full Version : Jinhao X750 arrived today...

AndrewG
January 12th, 2015, 07:40 AM
This is my second Chinese pen and, like my X450, it does not disappoint. Great finish, flawless workmanship and it writes smoothly and evenly straight out of the box. No skipping, no hard starts and a superb steel nib. I can't say enough good things about these absurdly inexpensive fountain pens which are a perfect example that 'more' doesn't necessarily equate to 'better'-especially when I paid less than £5 for the thing! It isn't just good 'for the money', it's good, period. I wonder how much they'd retail for if made in Europe or America...I suspect a zero after the 5 wouldn't be too far off the mark.

My other hobby is playing guitar which I have been doing both professionally and semi-professionally for over 40 years. Chinese guitars are getting seriously good; these people know what they're doing and, like their pens, they just keep getting better...

Morgaine
January 12th, 2015, 09:38 AM
My two Jinhao pens (250 and a plum flower design one) arrived today and I was surprised how heavy and cold they were, but they write beautifully (considering my handwriting).I looked again on amazon and found some 250 ones at £2.99 with free delivery but I suspect dispatched from China. The two pens I bought were a bit more than that.

AndrewG
January 12th, 2015, 12:48 PM
My two Jinhao pens (250 and a plum flower design one) arrived today and I was surprised how heavy and cold they were, but they write beautifully (considering my handwriting).I looked again on amazon and found some 250 ones at £2.99 with free delivery but I suspect dispatched from China. The two pens I bought were a bit more than that.

Yes, mine came from China-and the cold and weight are from the brass construction.

mtnbiker62
January 13th, 2015, 06:41 AM
I have several of them, and I enjoy them very much. I wanted a choice of nib other than M, so most of them have Goulet-branded nibs in them.

drycounty
January 27th, 2015, 07:22 AM
I just got a F nib from Goulet to replace my stock x750 M nib but ... it still looks like a M? Perhaps I should have gone with an EF as I want to really use this as a writing pen in a smaller notebook.

phonelady61
January 27th, 2015, 10:14 AM
I also own jinhao x750 and have three of them and have two of the x450 pens and they are awesome as well . The x750 and the x450 are my faves from the jinhao line . I just love them .

DMurphy
February 3rd, 2015, 08:11 PM
I purchased the X-750 from GouletPens and a 1.1 Italic nib, it is a joy to write with.