PDA

View Full Version : Jinhao Porcelain Bamboo & Cherry Blossoms

RayCornett
January 14th, 2015, 01:02 AM
Two more Jinhao's have just been added to my collection. One being the 950 porcelain Bamboo and the 8220(?) Pink Cherry Blossom. Both with medium nibs. I have yet to ink them up but I love the heft and feel of both. The 950 is the thicker of the two and as a result will probably be my favorite as far as feel in the hand.I won't post a writing test because normally I am the only one who can read my writing,lol. But Jinhao strikes again and is still batting a thousand with me. Both write beautifully, flawlessly. Extremely smooth even on legal pads. They are indeed thick and heavy with the blue Bamboo pen being the thicker and heavier of the two. I do not have my Jinhao 159 around but the Bamboo seems to be just as heavy with the Blossom Jinhao being slightly lighter. The printing on both is much much more impressive than I ever expected and the blossom pen is not so overstated in pink that it becomes girly. I see the design as very unisex. I write with caps posted and these two pens have great feel to them as I write. An absolute pleasurable writing experience and both will be added to my EDC rotation.One thing I did find surprising is that I did not mind the step from barrel to section. I have seen pens with steps like this which I consider drastic since I prefer mine more streamlined but this step did not bother me at all. This might open the door for other pens I liked but always thought "If only the step from barrel to section were not so drastic.". I recommend them if for nothing else than a carry around pen you that you don't have to freak out on if you lose it or break it.

Morgaine
January 14th, 2015, 03:49 AM
I have an 8820 (came on Monday) plum blossom one. Haven't written a letter yet with it, but wrote some letters with a 250.

AndrewG
January 14th, 2015, 05:26 AM
Two more Jinhao's have just been added to my collection. One being the 950 porcelain Bamboo and the 8220(?) Pink Cherry Blossom. Both with medium nibs. I have yet to ink them up but I love the heft and feel of both. The 950 is the thicker of the two and as a result will probably be my favorite as far as feel in the hand.I won't post a writing test because normally I am the only one who can read my writing,lol. But Jinhao strikes again and is still batting a thousand with me. Both write beautifully, flawlessly. Extremely smooth even on legal pads. They are indeed thick and heavy with the blue Bamboo pen being the thicker and heavier of the two. I do not have my Jinhao 159 around but the Bamboo seems to be just as heavy with the Blossom Jinhao being slightly lighter. The printing on both is much much more impressive than I ever expected and the blossom pen is not so overstated in pink that it becomes girly. I see the design as very unisex. I write with caps posted and these two pens have great feel to them as I write. An absolute pleasurable writing experience and both will be added to my EDC rotation.One thing I did find surprising is that I did not mind the step from barrel to section. I have seen pens with steps like this which I consider drastic since I prefer mine more streamlined but this step did not bother me at all. This might open the door for other pens I liked but always thought "If only the step from barrel to section were not so drastic.". I recommend them if for nothing else than a carry around pen you that you don't have to freak out on if you lose it or break it.

Very attractive pens-although I can't help being reminded of a Victorian toilet when I look at the porcelain bamboo model! My X450 is in the red lacquer with random black lines. The X750 is in classic black/chrome.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=victorian+toilets&espv=2&biw=1024&bih=653&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=m2C2VPPfIYrbaJSVgegN&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#tbm=isch&q=victorian+toilet+pans&imgdii=_&imgrc=ag6rSdf5KsI9fM%253A%3BK5WP-mskNp741M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.stiffkeybathroo ms.com%252Fimages%252Fheader%252Fvictorian-wc-large.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.stiffkeybathroo ms.com%252Fproducts%252Fantique-toilets-lavatories%3B480%3B600
Absolutely no offence intended!

Waski_the_Squirrel
January 14th, 2015, 08:48 PM
I have the 950 with the dragon design.

I really like it a lot. It is a pen that truly looks like it was made in China, and I mean that in the best possible way.

Alex2014
January 15th, 2015, 01:13 AM
I like those pens too. Here are some of mine's. The biggest one is a Junhao 650 "Romance of the Three Kingdoms"