PDA

View Full Version : Jinhao Nib Width Inconsistency ?

RayCornett
January 15th, 2015, 02:13 PM
This is not a complaint. More of an observation. I let me two Jinhao Porcelain pens sit for a day or so without use just to test their start up ability after a period of non-use. Needless to say they started right up without a hint of skip.

I was gifted these two pens and both are supposed to be medium nibs. But as you will see in the image they are definitely two different stroke widths when looking at the first and second swirl pattern and the vertical lines below.

AndrewG
January 19th, 2015, 05:45 AM
Yes, I see some small variation with the medium nibs in my X450 and X750. The X450 has a wetter line than the X750 so I suspect that's the difference I'm seeing.

chojo
January 19th, 2015, 06:19 AM
I've noticed this too my x450 is medium with a nice smooth flow but the medium nib in my 159 is more like double broad and flows like the ganges in monsoon season.

picautomaton
January 19th, 2015, 09:06 AM
None of my Jinhaos have nib size markings. My Safari clone, good straight out the box (+- western fine), my 159 not great out the box (bland Broad).

AndrewG
January 22nd, 2015, 04:12 AM
None of my Jinhaos have nib size markings. My Safari clone, good straight out the box (+- western fine), my 159 not great out the box (bland Broad).

The feed on my X750 is marked with a '4' and one of my X450s is marked '7'. No idea what relevance this has as all the nibs and feeds appear to be the same.