PDA

View Full Version : Banker's Pen

Lady Onogaro
January 17th, 2015, 02:50 PM
So I saw this pen on ebay (Banker's Pen) and took a chance on it. It's a plastic pen with a gold plated nib. It looks as if there is also a crack on the end of the barrel; maybe someone glued it or tried to fix it. It was advertised as functioning. I got it, and when I lifted the lever, I hear "crackle, crackle, crackle." Okay, the sac is hardened. If I keep it, I will have to certainly replace the sac. It also looks like someone filled it with calligraphy ink because the ink on the nib has hardened. I paid $10.00 for the pen plus shipping.

So is it worth trying to get someone to replace the sac and get it working, or should I send it back to the seller?

Hawk
January 17th, 2015, 03:56 PM
If the crack wasn't disclosed, I certainly would consider sending it back. From what you said, the pen was mis-represented. Older Bankers Pens seem to be 'kinda' neat but that is another story.

Cob
January 17th, 2015, 04:23 PM
If it was advertised as fundtioning and isn't then of course you have a prima facie case for a full refund - if you are prepared to give it up - and the seller should jolly-well pay the return postage too.

On the other hand I have been in the same position, thought that I really like the pen even if it has a cracked cap or a bent nib or whatever, sigh, and get the kit out and get busy!

Cob

mickyfaulk
January 22nd, 2015, 10:04 AM
I have gifted this type of pen to my friend. He liked this pen. But the drawback is that the ink on the nib has hardened. But its look very smart.

Lady Onogaro
January 22nd, 2015, 12:40 PM
I have sent it off to Danny Fudge. I couldn't part with it because I like the looks of it.

Lady Onogaro
February 3rd, 2015, 08:25 AM
I got the pen back from Danny Fudge, who replaced the sac. It writes beautifully! So I am glad I kept it.