PDA

View Full Version : Imagine my disappointment...

AndrewG
January 19th, 2015, 06:24 AM
After a two week wait the postman knocked with a package from Japan to be signed for. With mounting excitement I opened the well-packed box, extracted the delivery advice, the Origami stork and finally the boxed pen.
Instead of the eagerly anticipated Pilot Custom 74 what emerged was a cheapo Pilot Cavalier while the delivery note clearly states what I should have got! This was a purchase from 'Japan Subculture' through Amazon. I sent off an email advising of the problem so what should I be expecting? Any thoughts of/experience with this company?

john
January 19th, 2015, 07:29 AM
How come to send you a Cavalier instead of a Custom74:jaw:

Neo
January 19th, 2015, 07:59 AM
Did you complain to the shipper by email? Then you can forward that to the credit card company.

AndrewG
January 19th, 2015, 08:04 AM
How come to send you a Cavalier instead of a Custom74:jaw:

They made a mistake.

AndrewG
January 19th, 2015, 08:04 AM
Did you complain to the shipper by email? Then you can forward that to the credit card company.

Yes I did (as I mentioned in my post).

Neo
January 19th, 2015, 10:45 AM

Yes I did (as I mentioned in my post).
:( blush

Bart Willems
January 19th, 2015, 11:51 AM
Mistakes happen; what will be interesting to see is how they handle it. A good business treats a complaint as an opportunity to improve their customer relations.

AndrewG
January 19th, 2015, 12:17 PM
Mistakes happen; what will be interesting to see is how they handle it. A good business treats a complaint as an opportunity to improve their customer relations.

Indeed; and as the Japanese are usually very conscientious with customer service I'm confident of a positive resolution.

Silverbreeze
January 19th, 2015, 12:19 PM
Yes but Goulet, Anderson and Edison rule customer service and support in our sphere.

As an odd Triva that's three Brians.

sharmon202
January 19th, 2015, 02:41 PM
Yes but Goulet, Anderson and Edison rule customer service and support in our sphere.

As an odd Triva that's three Brians.

That does seem like an odd coincidence doesn't it? I have had a similar coincidence that I have been close to several people named Jim and they were all above average human beings, I think every Jim I have known falls into this category.

Alex2014
January 20th, 2015, 01:37 AM
You should write them to find the solution. If not, you should make a complain to Amazon. No seller would be happy to have complains or bad reviews.

AndrewG
January 20th, 2015, 04:22 AM
As I explained in my OP I wrote to Japan Subcultures via Amazon yesterday. Today I received an email from Japan apologising and requesting a photograph of the incorrect item, upon receipt of which a "return procedure" would be emailed back and the pen replaced with what I actually ordered. That was quick!

Silverbreeze
January 20th, 2015, 11:27 AM
Probably an honest mistake then

Neo
January 20th, 2015, 11:36 AM
Probably an honest mistake then

Wow, but what a doozy....

Silverbreeze
January 20th, 2015, 11:43 AM
Once got a set of pens instead of the journal I bought by way of a package mislabeled for shipping accident

I bet the two pens are the same box and the wrong one is shipoed

AndrewG
January 20th, 2015, 12:17 PM
Once got a set of pens instead of the journal I bought by way of a package mislabeled for shipping accident

I bet the two pens are the same box and the wrong one is shipoed

No, the boxes are very different.

Bart Willems
January 20th, 2015, 12:29 PM
You should write them to find the solution. If not, you should make a complain to Amazon. No seller would be happy to have complains or bad reviews.

Sound advice.

I have a coworker whose brother runs an Amazon-storefront business with his wife (and he has a garderner whose grandchild goes to the same daycare as the granddaughter of the cousin of Pilot USA's CEO but I digress). In order to keep Amazon clean from the shenanigans that seem to be par for the course on Fleebay (with, I guess, Amazon absorbing a lot of losses their customers would otherwise), Amazon's penalties towards vendors regarding customer complaints seem to be harsh and few, because you don't get that many chances from Uncle Bezos.

Thus, it seems in every ones favor to handle complaints outside Amazon first. The customer wins because the vendor doesn't want to escalate this to Amazon (in general). The vendor wins because they're better off not having a blemished reputation. And Amazon wins because they don't have to deal with providing service one of their market place vendors should have provided in the first place.