PDA

View Full Version : Inks

southpaw52
April 14th, 2010, 02:19 PM
In the beginning I thought that the inks available were Noodler's. I have used Noodler's for awhile.
I began to seek broader spectrum of ink choices. Being left handed the critical factor in ink choice is drying time and smudge free. Since my writing hand drags across the paper when I write even when I angle the paper. I recently bought two bottles of J Herbin ink, Terre De Feu, Rouge Caroubier.
The Terra De Feu is a earthy reddish brown with a deeper brown hue. The Rouge Caroubier, is red but not overly bright very subdued. I like both inks in how they flow, quick drying, nearly smudge proof. I had a Parker Pen that I had used Noodler's in before it would blob out and write very messy.
Putting the J Herbin in the pen resolved the problem. Also like the bottle design makes filling my pens much easier and not as messy. If you are looking to branch out in your ink choices I would recommend J Herbin.

eriquito
April 14th, 2010, 06:26 PM
I know a South Paw who's always searching for quick drying inks (because his hand moves across the ink as he writes).

I don't believe he's tried J Herbin Terre de Feu. I've always felt that J Herbins were somewhat slow drying... but if you say Terre de Feu dries quickly, I'll pass that info along.

Eric
Son of Ragnar

rroossinck
April 19th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Hey Southpaw, I'm in the same boat that you are...I'm a lefty overwriter and I've had similar issues (and, for what it's worth, similar success with J. Herbin). I'd also recommend taking a look at the Diamine lineup, as well as R&K and De Atramentis. I've had really good success with those lines, too. Hope it's helpful!

dannzeman
April 19th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Hey Southpaw, I'm in the same boat that you are...I'm a lefty overwriter and I've had similar issues (and, for what it's worth, similar success with J. Herbin). I'd also recommend taking a look at the Diamine lineup, as well as R&K and De Atramentis. I've had really good success with those lines, too. Hope it's helpful!
Just in case you're unfamiliar with R&K, that's Rohrer and Klingner. A great German ink, of which I've reviewed here on the boards...