PDA

View Full Version : Can someone point me in the direction to ....

Wrathen
January 19th, 2015, 03:58 PM
Can someone point me in the direction to Fountain pen friendly Ivory lined paper. I normally use ether Rhodia dotPad or lined paper, but lately have I have the urge to write some on ivory paper which I havent ever done with fountain pens. I'm pretty sure I need lined paper because I still havent gotten good at writing a strait line across a page. I'm open to loose sheets or some kind of pad.

Before getting into fountain pens I loved writing on cheap yellow office store pads with black ink. I have tried them and with most pens and ink combos its almost impossible due to the feathering. So I was hoping to find a good replacement.

Thanks in advance and I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.
-Wrathen

Chrissy
January 19th, 2015, 04:08 PM
I have Rhodia unlined paper and use a lined guide sheet to keep my writing straight.

Many members will recommend Tomoe River paper, but there is also Clairefontaine Triomphe paper, Maruman paper and many others.

Your best way forward is to look at lots of online FP stationery sellers, and see what fountain pen friendly paper they sell until you find some that takes your fancy

VertOlive
January 19th, 2015, 05:07 PM
I got a letter written on a cream colored, lined Rhodia "B" premium paper. I think Goulet sells it.

Wrathen
January 20th, 2015, 09:00 AM
I have Rhodia unlined paper and use a lined guide sheet to keep my writing straight.

What do you use as a guide sheet? I have tried putting a normal lined sheet behind my pages and its ether impossible to see or very faith. Do they make something with darker lines designed as a guide sheet?

Neo
January 20th, 2015, 09:12 AM
Look on the reference section of Nanamipaper.com