PDA

View Full Version : First Italic Pen

Neo
January 20th, 2015, 05:39 PM
On offer is a brand new Pilot Plumix Italic pen, specify color if you have a preference (black, purple, blue), a CON-50 and a bottle of Pelikan 4001. In your entry just give me an idea how you would use this pen. I used a Plumix as my first Italic pen and it's nice, an added bonus is the nib is swappable with a Metropolitan.

i will ship worldwide, and those outside the US can opt for a bottle of Noodler's instead, specify color.

i will pick a winner next Thursday night,

Laura N
January 20th, 2015, 06:23 PM
Not an entry, but what a nice idea!

sparkinflint
January 20th, 2015, 08:13 PM
Please enter me for this PIF!
I would use it along with my lamy for my english, math and history classes for this semester

akapulko2020
January 20th, 2015, 09:01 PM
What an absolutely awesome PIF :-)

Please enter me for it. If I win, I'd use the pen at work as well as for everyday home use. I have just 3 pens so it will get used indeed :-)
I'd prefer the purple one.

Thanks again!

phonelady61
January 21st, 2015, 04:48 AM
please enter me this will be my first italic if I win ....I hope im the lucky one but regardless whoever wins this will be the lucky one thanks for offering up such a nice PIF. I would use this pen everyday for my work and my pen pal letters thanks

Frantik
January 21st, 2015, 06:47 AM
This would be my first italic pen as well. I was planing to get a normal one first. I will practice improving my handwriting and also learning a caligraphy font that I have seen suggested.

Thanks for the PIF

manoeuver
January 21st, 2015, 12:23 PM
Great PIF. (not an entry)

rdcalhoon
January 21st, 2015, 02:33 PM
Great idea for a PIF. I bought a Plumix and a Metropolitan at the same time and swapped nibs. The italic combo has been inked almost continuously since then. Someone is in for a treat. (I have mine. thanks, not an entry.)

Jon Szanto
January 21st, 2015, 02:40 PM
Just another person chiming in to say what a great idea and generous gesture. Where were you 5 years ago when I got started? :)

Neo
January 21st, 2015, 02:51 PM
Just another person chiming in to say what a great idea and generous gesture. Where were you 5 years ago when I got started? :)

Don't laugh, I was collecting ballpoints.

ejaycock
January 23rd, 2015, 02:46 PM
Please enter me in this PIF. I don't have an Italic pen so I would use it to try different writing styles and show it off at work. Thanks!

Hawk
January 23rd, 2015, 08:25 PM
I have never tried an italic nib. I am left handed and would like to see If I can write with it. If not I would will it to my wife....

Silverbreeze
January 24th, 2015, 06:39 AM
Not an entry

Hawk, I am left handed and use standard italics and architect nibs fine, in fact I like them better then round nibs

sparkinflint
January 25th, 2015, 02:22 PM
actually can you remove my entry? i already got a 1.1 italic for my safari that i'm quite content with

Nashtah
January 26th, 2015, 06:31 PM
I would love to enter as I only have F and EF nibs as that is all I can find in my price range ($50) with no more than a 50% mark up over USD prices.
As an ink I would love a brown Noodlers if possible.

Thanks for this great pass it forward

sparkinflint
January 26th, 2015, 11:29 PM
but that bottle of ink sounds really tempting lol

Neo
January 27th, 2015, 09:05 AM
but that bottle of ink sounds really tempting lol

Maybe I'll do one for just ink in a few months.......

sparkinflint
January 27th, 2015, 01:29 PM
I look forward to it ^_^

AntidOto
January 29th, 2015, 06:26 AM
I am a lefty, and I have reshaped my writing using chancery italic as a model, so I would like to try an italic nib for better results. Thank you!

necrotic
January 29th, 2015, 12:27 PM
I am relatively new to fountain pens and would love to try out an italic. I have a Metropolitan and I was planning to get a Plumix (blue or black) eventually for nib-swapping and such. I would use this for signing permanent records and certificates, tamper-proof order forms, etc which I do a lot in my work. Please consider this my entry. Thanks!

Neo
January 29th, 2015, 07:05 PM
Hello, everyone. The winner of this PIF is necrotic, but only if he promises to let his daughter have a turn once in a while. Please PM me your shipping info, necrotic.

necrotic
January 29th, 2015, 07:06 PM
What?! How awesome is this!

And I do promise to share... :)

Neo
January 29th, 2015, 07:07 PM
Soft spot for kids.....

necrotic
February 4th, 2015, 08:25 PM
Many thanks to Neo for this great PIF. My daughter was super excited to try it out and do some "fancy writing." Here's a pic of a little note she wrote.16198

Neo
February 5th, 2015, 06:02 AM
I'm glad she enjoys it, hope Mom didn't have a hard time with the riddle. :)