PDA

View Full Version : Parker Vacumatic circa 1945 - Blue Azure

Saintpaulia
January 21st, 2015, 02:09 PM
For Sale - Vintage 1945 Vacumatic

I'm selling my personal pen which I've had in my collection since March 25, 2013. It was sold to me by Michael McNeil who restored it himself. Dating indicates it is a 1945 make. It weighs 18.18 grams and measures 128 mm long capped, and 118 mm uncapped (nib to base of barrel). In excellent condition. The color pattern is Azure Blue (see photos). Size is "major" and the nib is a medium.

My asking price is $150.00.

Please note new photos show that this is indeed a blue pen! LOL!

ArbInv
January 22nd, 2015, 08:18 PM
Hi

Maybe I am going color bling but this looks like a Burgundy not the Azure Blue? Its very nice but am I missing something?

Best

Arb

Saintpaulia
January 22nd, 2015, 09:05 PM
Hi Arb. What you are seeing that is "red" is the window thru which Vacumatics can show the ink level. I don't know why it looks reddish, but it does. The pen itself, is, I assure you very beautiful azure blue. Also my camera skills are not the greatest. If you wish I can take more pics and try to get the blue color better shown. Just send your e-address...thanks for your interest. Breck P.S. If you are really interested I can lower the price to $150.00 firm.

Saintpaulia
January 22nd, 2015, 09:07 PM
PPS. Some of the photos do show the blue well imho esp. #2.

Saintpaulia
January 26th, 2015, 10:47 AM
Please note new photos. They show that the pen is indeed blue, a luminous Parker Vacumatic AZURE BLUE. Gorgeous!

WetNoodlePens
January 26th, 2015, 11:36 AM
Any flex?

jasonc
January 26th, 2015, 02:15 PM
Have you sold this pen? If not, do you have a writing sample?

Thanks.

Saintpaulia
January 26th, 2015, 05:17 PM
Sorry WetNoodle, but not flex. These Vacumatics were not designed that way and I have never heard of one that did have flex.

Saintpaulia
January 26th, 2015, 05:21 PM
Have you sold this pen? If not, do you have a writing sample?
Thanks.

Jason, I have not sold it. And I do have a writing sample. Let me see about figuring out a way to get it up here. By the way, I have never used so-called modern inks in this vintage pen. I have heard some bad things about some brands so the only ink in this Vacumatic has been the tried and true Waterman Blue. I'll be back with the writing sample...hold on.

Saintpaulia
January 26th, 2015, 05:35 PM
Okay I've attached three images of the Vacumatic's writing. The ink is Waterman Blue (Serenity Blue). The nib is a medium. The flow is very good, not sloppy wet, but not stingy either. Just goldilocks-right.

Image is made by my digital camera, I do not have a scanner anymore. The image fidelity is pretty good but not the greatest. Still I think it will give a representative example of the pen's performance in writing. Any other questions feel free to message me or comment here.

Thanks, Breck

Saintpaulia
January 31st, 2015, 07:48 PM
Pen is still for sale.