PDA

View Full Version : SOLD FULL FLEX Vintage WATERMAN 92

Saintpaulia
January 21st, 2015, 02:21 PM
For Sale Waterman 92

I purchased this vintage Waterman 92 Red/Gold Marble, fully flexible pen from Tommy Ly who did the restoration in October 2013. I cannot improve upon his description which follows:
"Another user grade flex pen with a beautiful nib! This Waterman 92 Red/Gold marble is a beautiful finish, but it is a user grade pen because of the missing clip, the repaired crack in the cap, the personalization, and the pitting marks on the butt end of the barrel. The imprints are full and legible. Cap band in fair condition with a little bit of wear. No cracks on the cap lip or barrel. The mentioned repair crack on the cap is stable and the cap makes a good seal to prevent the nib from drying out. Threads are superb and the cap screws on smooth and snug.

The original Waterman's Ideal 14k gold #2 nib writes from a F to BBB with full flex qualities. Nice springback/responsiveness. Please check pics for a better description. Writing sample is done on .5cm grid on 90gsm Clairefontaine paper. Measurements for the pen are: 12.5cm capped, 15.4cm posted, and 11.8cm unposted. The 92 is 13.2 grams and the grip section is 9.3mm at its widest and is 8.0mm. at its thinnest."

This model of Waterman appears, at my current state of research, to have been a 1930s and early 1940s era pen (certainly pre-War).

[FONT=Arial Black]I am asking $80 for this unique pen. Please see photos for more information.

Saintpaulia
January 21st, 2015, 04:57 PM
Pen sold!