PDA

View Full Version : 1940s post-war Celluloid Sheaffer. Happy Davey, with a shout-out to Greg Minuskin.

david i
January 24th, 2015, 02:08 PM
Greg does some very nice nib work for me, and I am glad on occasion to help him with pen model/variant identification. So, when he described a recent find, I asked him to sell it to me, which he did. That's leads to the happy David thing.

I have three or four of these. I don't mind getting more. I doubt ten have popped up publicly or among some major collections polled since our hobby relatively recently became these in fact exist. I bought my first from Alan Kaufman years ago, as we discussed that the set in play was a bit unusual.

Perhaps one of the great cacheities (neologism alert!) among 1940s Sheaffers.

Post-WWII. Largest size. Golden Brown Celluloid.

Kudos if you know what makes it... interesting.

http://vacumania.com/penteech2/sheaffer_1940s_solidgold_autograph_brown.jpg

regards

david

HughC
January 25th, 2015, 03:10 AM
Also came in the wide band Triumph in this configuration, which you also have if my memory serves me correctly !! First pic I've seen of one.

Regards
Hugh

mrcharlie
January 25th, 2015, 08:47 AM
I don't know what makes it interesting to collectors, but I like it.

david i
January 28th, 2015, 08:48 PM
I don't know what makes it interesting to collectors, but I like it.

Pens from this era in Autograph form (solid gold clip and cap-band) are well-known, but are found in overwhelming majority in black. Brown-stripe pens (this one is fully marked with the 2000 for $20 Autograph price) are very scarce.

regards

david