PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for subtly beautiful blue and black inks for use at workplace

Jolltax
January 27th, 2015, 06:12 AM
I write a lot at work as we are quite archaic and sign many documents, obviously using my FP's. In fact wading through a stack of documents for signatures can sometimes be quite therapeutic.

I love my Diamine Purple, Crimson and Green inks but for the purposes of work I restrict myself to the traditional colours so I tend to get through a lot of blue and black ink. Up to now I have just used Parker inks which are not unpleasant, serviceable and cheap.

Could anyone recommend a couple of subtly beautiful black and blue (not light blue) inks I can use at work which are conservative / professional but will bring a little light to my day and perhaps an occasional smile?

I live in the UK so need to be available there and preferably not toooo expensive as I will be using daily.

At the moment I am browsing the Diamine website (http://www.diamineinks.co.uk/), I like their inks and they do come in a nice big bottle but am open to other ideas :)

What would you recommend?

Cheers big ears,

Jolltax

Silverbreeze
January 27th, 2015, 06:24 AM
MontBlanc midnight ??? My favorite fraud resistant ink would possibly hard to get Noodler's Mass 54th

Try De Atramentis Document inks??

Wile E Coyote
January 27th, 2015, 06:34 AM
Daimine Majestic Blue, Sapphire and Sargasso Sea are my favorite Diamine blues. Not too light but not bland either.

butchhe
January 27th, 2015, 06:35 AM
MontBlanc midnight ??? My favorite fraud resistant ink would possibly hard to get Noodler's Mass 54th

Try De Atramentis Document inks??
I use Noodler's 54th Massachusetts as well.

Jeph
January 27th, 2015, 07:53 AM
You did not say that you were looking for anything fraud resistant, so I would suggest Diamine Midnight.
http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/5317-Diamine-Midnight

Cob
January 27th, 2015, 08:30 AM
ESSRI

It's archival quality Registrar's ink.

Cob

carlos.q
January 27th, 2015, 08:55 AM
Pelikan 4001 Blue Black
Lamy Blue Black

Neo
January 27th, 2015, 09:10 AM
Platinum blue-black. Cult pens is having a 20% off special on the brand right now.

Up your nose with a rubber hose, :cheers:

Neo

Jolltax
January 28th, 2015, 08:48 AM
Thanks all, I ordered Saphhire Blue, Midnight Blue and Onyx black from Diamine today. I may get some Noodlers 54th but its 12 UKP per bottle from the sole supplier in UK which is double the price so I'm pondering that one.

Hooray!

Jolltax

Cob
January 28th, 2015, 09:49 AM
ESSRI:

Cob

picautomaton
January 28th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Diamine China Blue is nice and subtle

Jolltax
January 28th, 2015, 09:58 PM
ESSRI looks nice, I am going to keep those two for next time, I need to keep spending in stealth mode under wife-RADAR, hehe.
Shame my work won't pay for FP inks! I am saving them buying me Bic biros!

J

camerlos6120
January 28th, 2015, 10:33 PM
Montblanc Royal Blue is a nice dark shade with a purple sheen.

The Good Captain
January 29th, 2015, 01:58 AM
Diamine Eclipse could be an option - I have the ink but haven't used it for a while. Or maybe Twilight. Both readily available here.

Lady Onogaro
January 29th, 2015, 08:51 AM
De Atramentis Sherlock Holmes is nice.

oldstoat
January 29th, 2015, 09:09 AM
I often buy the Diamine 30ml samplers- they're a cheap way of trying out a lot of inks.
What nibs do you use at work? I find that Diamine Blue-Black, Eclipse and Midnight ( all favourites) look very different depending on nib width and wetness