PDA

View Full Version : SOLD 2 Flex Moore's, An 83 & A 72

AZBennett
January 27th, 2015, 04:55 PM
My usual disclaimer here: I am not a professional pen restorer rather I am a self taught pen repairman. The pens I am offering up aren't usually Mint/Near Mint/Excellent condition and the prices reflect that fact. These were user grade pens from a bygone era. My attempt is to bring them back to life in the hopes that they will be used as the wonderful tools of creation they once were. Where applicable I use Richard Binders website for repair information, Pen Identification and a myriad of other nuggets of wisdom. I have replaced the sacs in these pens, cleaned and polished them. They have been reassembled with care and as much precision as I am able to accomplish.

1. Moore Pen Co. 72 Ringtop Maniflex Nib - This little pen is a wonder to write with. It is equipped with Moore's Maniflex nib in a smooth Western Fine. It is nicely responsive and begins to flex upon touching the paper, flexing and returning to it's normal state with ease. The barrel and cap are free of chips, cracks or bites and the celluloid is lovely with some discoloration but nothing out of the ordinary for the age of the pen. This pen has one wide gold band as opposed to the two thin gold bands I have seen more often, and this band is firmly in place and free of plate loss or corrosion. The lever and ringtop are also quite strong and functional. - 75 USD [SOLD]

2. Moore Pen Co 83 Celluloid Maniflex Nib - Another Moore with yet another Maniflex nib. This one puts down a very smooth line and also flexes and responds well under mild to moderate pressure. The nib has a slight crack in it on the far posterior end (it is hidden because it is on the bottom of the nib between the feed and the section). The crack does not hamper the function of the pen or the flex of the nib. The celluloid is a wonderful yellow and black color with some slight discoloration. The lever, clip and can band are all free of corrosion or plate loss and are strong. - 55 USD

Payment via Paypal only

Shipping to CONUS via USPS Priority Mail - $5.95 USD.
Insurance available upon request at the buyers cost.
Will combine shipping on multiple pen purchases.
Will consider international shipping on a case by case basis (PM me for specifics).

Open to reasonable offers via PM.1596415965159431594415966

jadehawk
January 27th, 2015, 06:22 PM
Nice.. I like the 72..

AZBennett
January 27th, 2015, 11:29 PM
72 is sold.

ainterne
January 28th, 2015, 02:54 PM
Very tempted... the last pen you sold me was so so good to write with....never leaves the rotation.

AZBennett
January 28th, 2015, 06:09 PM
I made a lightbox and took some better photos that show off the remaining pen more. Photos added.

Hawk
January 28th, 2015, 09:12 PM
I'll take the the 83.