PDA

View Full Version : Longest moments in pendom...

tandaina
January 27th, 2015, 10:27 PM
Waiting for the "price request" email from Pentime to arrive (I keep hitting refresh and still nothing!)
Waiting for the email titled "Richard Binder has sent you a package"
Watching the "In customs" status on pens/ink/etc from Japan/Germany/etc.

Add your own, while I go back and refresh my email... again.

Sevenof9
January 27th, 2015, 11:56 PM
No such anxiety here... in fact I will be going to the Bristol pen show on Sunday and explore things in person. good luck with the wait Tandaina. 7

Jon Szanto
January 28th, 2015, 12:38 AM
This is like watching Downton Abbey, and I'm hanging with Mr. Bates...

amk
January 28th, 2015, 04:04 AM
The last five seconds of an ebay auction on a Waterman Lady Elsa....

Cob
January 28th, 2015, 04:05 AM
The time it takes between completing the rebuilding of a pen and getting the ink to flow properly - grrrr!

Cob

Kaputnik
January 28th, 2015, 04:26 AM
Luckily this hasn't come up more than twice, perhaps, but the moment just after you drop one of your nicer pens, with the nib unprotected, and you don't know how it's going to land.

Cob
January 28th, 2015, 05:25 AM
Luckily this hasn't come up more than twice, perhaps, but the moment just after you drop one of your nicer pens, with the nib unprotected, and you don't know how it's going to land.

I had one of those and I was very lucky; a huge "whew!" afterwrads.

Cob

Wrathen
January 28th, 2015, 09:55 AM
Watching the "In customs" status on pens/ink/etc from Japan/Germany/etc..

I have a 7 bottles of ink from Engeika with this problem since Sunday .... ARGGG I want my Sailor and Iroshizuku ... CUSTOMS release my ink!

tandaina
January 28th, 2015, 10:08 AM
OH thought of another one: those 9 or so months between when you order your customized Nakaya and it actually ships.... (Still no email from Brian about the price request which is really odd.)

Neo
January 28th, 2015, 10:12 AM
OH thought of another one: those 9 or so months between when you order your customized Nakaya and it actually ships.... (Still no email from Brian about the price request which is really odd.)

You can try to give him a call. Maybe he missed the email.

tandaina
January 28th, 2015, 10:49 AM
May have too, swamped at work today though so it'll keep!

Fawkes
January 28th, 2015, 10:49 AM
Waiting for a Montblanc Architekts pen to come up for sale at a price I can stomach.

bluefeathers
January 28th, 2015, 02:50 PM
Waiting for my Conway Stewart 100 to arrive from England in December...refreshed the tracking # multiple times,
hoping it would arrive in time to put it under the Christmas tree. It came on the 26th! :cry:

p.s. -I thought the price request thing on pentime was automated. Maybe it went to junk mail?

tandaina
January 28th, 2015, 02:56 PM
I thought so too, but have searched my whole account and nothing.

RayCornett
January 28th, 2015, 03:25 PM
Watching the tracking day after day on a FP related item coming from the UK or Japan for 3 weeks and the info never changes. Then suddenly it's in your mail box although the info in the tracking says it hasn't left the country yet.

gregamckinney
January 28th, 2015, 08:14 PM
Waiting for the shellac to dry so I can try out my resacced Waterman...

greg

top pen
February 28th, 2015, 04:43 AM
Waiting for my first gold nibbed fountain pen to arrive. I could barely sleep the night before it was going to come, I was that excited.

Sammyo
February 28th, 2015, 06:15 AM
Loving my weekend with my family soooo much... but knowing that on Monday I will receive a pen that I use in school as a teenager to add to my "collecting all the pens I used to own" collection!

Tracy Lee
March 1st, 2015, 09:21 AM
Make another request. I have made requests before that were never answered so I think his automatic system is not perfect. I always repeat the request if not sure. He is always surprised to hear a request went unanswered.

Bogon07
March 1st, 2015, 02:13 PM
Make another request. I have made requests before that were never answered so I think his automatic system is not perfect. I always repeat the request if not sure. He is always surprised to hear a request went unanswered.

I've had that problem in December/January several times with no response to my Hotmail account. I then tried with a Yahoo account and the response was almost immediate.
I've notice Hotmail sometimes randomly blocks incoming so it doesn't show even in the junk folder & you need to check the blocked senders list and remove.

Tracy Lee
March 1st, 2015, 02:32 PM

I've had that problem in December/January several times with no response to my Hotmail account. I then tried with a Yahoo account and the response was almost immediate.
I've notice Hotmail sometimes randomly blocks incoming so it doesn't show even in the junk folder & you need to check the blocked senders list and remove.
Yep, and my issues came when I used a tablet and not a computer.

StacyBean
March 2nd, 2015, 05:53 PM
Waiting for 2 pens from Europe that didn't have tracking numbers. I don't know if I have the constitutional fortitude to decline this very expensive option again.

VertOlive
March 2nd, 2015, 07:56 PM
Waiting for everyone to go away so I can open my newly arrived Platinum Sakura alone, and savor every moment!

Neo
March 2nd, 2015, 08:37 PM
Waiting for everyone to go away so I can open my newly arrived Platinum Sakura alone, and savor every moment!

Pictures please?

VertOlive
March 3rd, 2015, 08:04 PM

Pictures please?

Can't yet. The light from the flash will attract them. :tinfoil3:

Neo
March 3rd, 2015, 08:16 PM

Pictures please?

Can't yet. The light from the flash will attract them. :tinfoil3:

i understand, perhaps when you have a moment alone then. :ph34r:

raibtoffoletto
March 4th, 2015, 12:22 AM
Wait for my bank account to recover and do the next purchase?

Crazyorange
March 4th, 2015, 05:07 AM
Wait for my bank account to recover and do the next purchase?

Yup...bank account needs to recover. That's one long wait for me.