PDA

View Full Version : Pelikan M600 Ruby Red Special Edition

peterpen53
August 9th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Screen shot courtesy of the Pelikan corporate website.

Red o'Red?

Maybe you should start working on that savings account again, Davey.

Cheers,
Peter

dannzeman
August 9th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the tip!

KrazyIvan
August 9th, 2012, 10:57 PM
That is awesome and I don't usually go for red pens.

JustDaveyB
August 10th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Screen shot courtesy of the Pelikan corporate website.

Red o'Red?

Maybe you should start working on that savings account again, Davey.

Cheers,
Peter

Lovely, that will probably be the next new pen I buy.

ddustinn
August 10th, 2012, 09:07 AM
I'm not crazy about red pens, but this looks pretty cool.

peterpen53
August 10th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Lovely, that will probably be the next new pen I buy.

Just a fair warning. I saw it posted on a British website for GBP 330. I don't know what that means in AUD, but in euros that means the premium over a regular M600 is something like 40%. Lovely as it is, I think that's a bit much.

JustDaveyB
August 10th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Just a fair warning. I saw it posted on a British website for GBP 330. I don't know what that means in AUD, but in euros that means the premium over a regular M600 is something like 40%. Lovely as it is, I think that's a bit much.

Well John Mottishaw at Classic Fountain Pens (www.nibs.com) have last year's M600 Green o' Green Special Edition for US$396. I would expect a similar price for the Ruby Red. Freight from USA to my door is $50 so US$446 all up. AUD-USD is running at over parity so the net rate is at parity so that would be also the price to me. A pretty penny I know but thats what I spend my money on. If Richard Binder is going to stock this pen I might just buy the body and cap only from him as I really don't need more nibs, currently I have a choice of 21 nibs for my M6XX sized Pelikans (M250 and M4XX nibs will fit in a M6XX pen but not vice versa).

I missed seeing your savings account quip to me in the original post - $450 is doable for me but $3K+ for the Alfred Hitchcock is not...

JustDaveyB
August 13th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Update:

I emailed my normal US retailers of new Pelikans yesterday.

Got one reply saying that it will called Red o' Red in the states will be available sometime in September they will sell it for US$436

My only debate now is which nib. Maybe a broad as this is about the only size I don't have in M6XX nibs

peterpen53
August 14th, 2012, 04:06 AM
Update:

I emailed my normal US retailers of new Pelikans yesterday.

Got one reply saying that it will called Red o' Red in the states will be available sometime in September they will sell it for US$436

My only debate now is which nib. Maybe a broad as this is about the only size I don't have in M6XX nibs

Now, why does that sound familiar?

The 600-size broad nibs are lovely, soft and smooth, and if you're lucky a tiny bit stubbish. Would be a good choice, IMHO.

drgoretex
August 15th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Sweeet looking pen - and a broad M600 is a very nice one to have.....but man, that's a steep price.

Ken