PDA

View Full Version : WingSung#412

Bogon07
August 11th, 2012, 02:16 AM
A non-Lamy pen for a change.
Mrs Bogon's father donated this pen to our pen collection. I think it is a WingSung#412, a Chinese copy of a Parker pen.
It has 412 and some Chinese characters finely engraved on the bottom of the cap.
The hooded nib is F-EF and a very smooth writer.
There is a bit of silver paint overspray on the grey-green barrel.

Maja
August 11th, 2012, 02:47 AM
Cool! It reminds me of a Hero 616...I believe Wing Sung was bought out by Hero and is now part of the Shanghai Hero Pen Company, but I'm not sure which model came first....

FP_GaF
August 11th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Cool! It reminds me of a Hero 616...I believe Wing Sung was bought out by Hero and is now part of the Shanghai Hero Pen Company, but I'm not sure which model came first....

I believe I read somewhere that the Hero pen company originated out of a nationalised Parker factory in China. If that is correct than the Hero 616 would be "closer" (in time and origin) to the Parker 51 than the Wing Sung counterpart...

ianmedium
August 11th, 2012, 07:57 AM
It looks great. I have a Hero 330 and it writes wonderfully. I still keep toying with the idea of one of the Hero 1000's but each time I go to press the buy it now button there has been a 51 pop up for a great price! perhaps though I may bite the bullet this month, after all they are amazing value for money and there is something really good about writing with a pen that does not cost a lot but performs great!

KrazyIvan
August 11th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Thanks for sharing Bogon. How do you like a hooded nib for a change?

Maja
August 11th, 2012, 01:36 PM
I believe I read somewhere that the Hero pen company originated out of a nationalised Parker factory in China. If that is correct than the Hero 616 would be "closer" (in time and origin) to the Parker 51 than the Wing Sung counterpart...

Thanks for the info! :D

KrazyIvan
August 11th, 2012, 02:09 PM
and it looks like the dino is about to snap up at the camera. :p

Bogon07
August 12th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Thanks for sharing Bogon. How do you like a hooded nib for a change?

I like the way it writes so smoothly but as you said in another post sometimes need to re-adjust my grip as I pick it up with the nib at slightly the wrong angle due to not seeing the nib because of the hood and can't tell until I've written a few words.

This dino is not the Velociraptor, unfortunately I can't remember its name.