PDA

View Full Version : Ink Review: Diamine Music Collection: Handel

Chrissy
February 1st, 2015, 11:40 AM
After enjoying reviewing one of the mystery inks. I have decided to review some inks. These aren't necessarily in any particular order. Diamine Handel is a favourite of mine so this is my review of it.

It flows very well and lubricates the nib very well. No start-up problems noticed.
Bearing in mind the paper I use is very smooth, and the nib was a wet stub, it dried quite quickly, between 10 and 15 secs.
The water test on the review form shows this isn't a waterproof ink, but it's quite water resistant.
Easy clean-up from hands and pens.
It is currently available in the gift set in 30ml glass bottles that are stable and user friendly.
It's also now available in 30ml plastic bottles as refills.
Diamine (http://www.diamineinks.co.uk/) sell it directly to end-users on their web-site.

Chrissy
February 15th, 2015, 09:37 AM
I have redone this review with a stub nib, in the same format I have used for my other reviews

reprieve
February 15th, 2015, 09:50 AM
This is a great review! Handel is an unusual ink; the color is really complex and you can see the green and grey in it when you're cleaning it out of a pen. It's such an interesting color and by far my favorite from the music set (followed closely by Schubert).

Chrissy
February 15th, 2015, 03:45 PM
This is a great review! Handel is an unusual ink; the color is really complex and you can see the green and grey in it when you're cleaning it out of a pen. It's such an interesting color and by far my favorite from the music set (followed closely by Schubert).

I have noticed that green. As soon as you put the nib in water you can see green. It's like magic ink :)

snedwos
February 15th, 2015, 04:42 PM

Not to be pedantic (ha! as if), but how can it be your favourite by far if it's closely followed by Schubert?

reprieve
February 15th, 2015, 08:09 PM

Not to be pedantic (ha! as if), but how can it be your favourite by far if it's closely followed by Schubert?

Ha. You're right of course. Language fails me once again.

Chrissy
February 16th, 2015, 02:16 AM
Out of the Music Collection my favourite is Tchaikovsky (the most difficult one to say and spell!!), then Handel. I have Bach and Beethoven to review as well. After that I might try Mozart and Schubert.

I remember a quote from a film: ..."That she loved Mozart and Bach, the Beatles and me." Does anyone know the film that quote came from?

The Good Captain
February 17th, 2015, 04:07 PM
Out of the Music Collection my favourite is Tchaikovsky (the most difficult one to say and spell!!), then Handel. I have Bach and Beethoven to review as well. After that I might try Mozart and Schubert.

I remember a quote from a film: ..."That she loved Mozart and Bach, the Beatles and me." Does anyone know the film that quote came from?

Love Story.

Chrissy
February 17th, 2015, 04:15 PM
Indeed it did. Ali Magraw and Ryan O'Neal.

The film starts with Oliver Barrett lV (O'Neal) saying: 'What can you say about a twenty-five-year-old girl who died? That she was beautiful and brilliant? That she loved Mozart and Bach? The Beatles? And me?'

It's a 1970 film and I thought it was soooo sad. I have remembered it since then.