PDA

View Full Version : What would you do,,,,,,

Neo
February 1st, 2015, 08:08 PM
If you realized all of your fountain pens are at home? The idea for this question came to me after watching the Goulet's video, you know you're a fountain pen addict when.......

Runnin_Ute
February 1st, 2015, 08:17 PM
I would use what was available. I recently had something similar happen. I usually take a good number (if not all) of my pens to work with me. I left them all at home except what I had in my shirt pocket. So hopefully it would be that kind of situation. If not I can usually track down a ballpoint or something to use.

sgtstretch
February 1st, 2015, 08:35 PM
I could easily return home and pick them up (I live a short 5 minute walk from work), but I'd most likely just use the gel pens I have at my desk.

Kaputnik
February 1st, 2015, 08:40 PM
If it's just for the day, I'd use the ballpoints available. If I were at work, they provide Pilot G2 rollerballs, which are perfectly good. I'd also have my Fisher Space Pen in the car, and probably another in a pants pocket. I don't actually write with it that much, but I rarely forget it.

If I had this realization when I was halfway to the airport for a trip that was going to keep me away for two weeks...

Maybe I could have pens delivered to my destination.

inkyletters
February 1st, 2015, 09:28 PM
I would immediately seek to accquire a pilot g2 or v5. While not FPs they are much more readily avaliable and wouldn't induce trauma like a bic would.

akapulko2020
February 2nd, 2015, 03:32 AM
I'd use my Zebra Sarasa which is a lovely gel pen carefully labeled with a silver not too subtle name sticker so as people don't mix it up with the retractable ball points work provides.

RuiFromUK
February 2nd, 2015, 05:06 AM
Sulk for the rest of the day until I got home. I do have a fountain pen in the office for such disasters.

reprieve
February 2nd, 2015, 06:13 AM
I have a plethora of disposable Varsities, gel pens, rollerballs, and mechanical pencils floating around my office. Anathema, I know, but I don't like leaving my fountain pens at work. I carry them to and fro daily, but I keep a stash of disposable fountain pens and non-fountain-pen writing instruments in my desk just in case I forget my pen case or in case someone asks to borrow a pen.

chojo
February 2nd, 2015, 06:33 AM
Don't think it would ever happen, I never leave the house without my back pack and I keep a couple of vfm's in there for emergencies. But if by some act of God it did happen I'd use whatever was available and then have therapy for a few weeks to recover from it.

Silverbreeze
February 2nd, 2015, 09:03 AM
Emergency Karas Render K and stash of Fisher Space!!!!!

orfew
February 2nd, 2015, 10:21 AM
It is part of my leaving the house ritual to make sure I have my trusty 3 pen pouch in my briefcase before I walk out the door.

writingrav
February 2nd, 2015, 10:23 AM
It could not happen. Pens in my pen cases, in my backpack, in my shirt pocket...

ethernautrix
February 2nd, 2015, 05:19 PM
Back when this was relevant (not at that job anymore), I would return home on my lunch break to retrieve my pens. I rarely left my pens at home, though, if ever. I did, however, leave them at work a couple of times at least. A couple of times, I returned to work and grabbed my pens, a couple of times I had to wait until the next day. Once, I left a pen case on the director's desk before leaving. She locked them in her office closet, then called me to let me know. Otherwise, I would have returned and looked for the pens before I went to sleep. Hahaha. I don't know how I manage to leave my pens anywhere sometimes. They're the only ones I have inked, so... I really need them where I am. (I could, theoretically, ink up other pens, but... no. No, no, no. I want the pens that already have the ink in them.)

ainterne
February 2nd, 2015, 10:02 PM
It made me smile when I saw this thread as it reminded my this below.

I am not sure if they did a Fountain Pen equivalent, but I would use the problem to justify buying a new pen from somewhere..:)

http://fpgeeks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=16157&stc=1

butchhe
February 3rd, 2015, 05:49 AM
I carry a frankenpen with me. It's a combination of a Zebra F-701 and a F-401 with Fisher Space Pen ink. It's called a F-7401 and there are plenty of instructions on the web. It is a heavier pen that writes smooth and can be used as a poor man's tactical pen.

erpe
February 3rd, 2015, 07:12 AM
Unlikely, there is a Kaweco sport with a spare cartridge in my wallet which I never forget and in every jacket I own is at least 1 Preppy.

carlos.q
February 3rd, 2015, 08:19 AM
After reading this thread I decided to buy an Esterbrook 8 ball desk set to leave in my office at work. :thumb:

inlovewithjournals
February 3rd, 2015, 11:12 AM
First, it's impossible to leave home without a fountain pen because I carry one in my wallet. Second, there are plenty of good gel pens and varsities at work if I ever lost said wallet. And if none of those options were available, I would order one from our office supplier and it would be delivered to me after lunch! :)