PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Pen Show

Murfie
February 3rd, 2015, 05:41 AM
Migo984 and I attended the Bristol Pen Show last Sunday. There were not a large number of tables but what was there offered a very large range of quality new and vintage pens. Migo bought herself a very nice blue Mabie Todd Swan 3170 with a semi flexible fine nib from Brian Toynton (penamie.co.uk). I picked up three fabulous writers. From Brian Toynton I bought a black Parker 51 with rolled gold cap and medium italic cursive nib, and a magnificent mint 1934 burgundy pearl Parker Vacumatic Junior with firm F/M nib. My wallet was further drained by another cracker of a pen from Graham Jasper (Pen Estates) - a 1937 opaque emerald marble Canadian made Parker Vacumatic Junior with a stunning B stub nib.

Here's some photos of my own three pens with a writing example. Pardon the poor quality of the pics as I didn't bring my light box nor tripod with me on my current travels.

Chrissy
February 3rd, 2015, 07:45 AM
That's a very nice pen haul. :)

oldstoat
February 3rd, 2015, 09:00 AM
Bring them along on Saturday!

Laura N
February 3rd, 2015, 09:03 AM
Beautiful pens. I can't resist this, because it seems that you and Jack have similar tastes. This was his 2013 Chicago Pen Show haul:

Murfie
February 3rd, 2015, 09:14 AM
Bring them along on Saturday!
That's a given ... see you there, Emile.

Cob
February 3rd, 2015, 09:26 AM
Lovely aruff!

That 51 cursive italic is really special isn't it?

Looking forward to seeing them of course.

Rgds

Cob

migo984
February 3rd, 2015, 10:03 AM
And here's my little blue Mabie Todd Swan 3170, as mentioned by Murfie. Of course, it doesn't quite compare to any of the 3 (yes, make that 3!), stunning pens bought by him, but then again it cost a lot less :)

Cob
February 3rd, 2015, 02:19 PM
And here's my little blue Mabie Todd Swan 3170, as mentioned by Murfie. Of course, it doesn't quite compare to any of the 3 (yes, make that 3!), stunning pens bought by him, but then again it cost a lot less :)

And of course, Migo, it has the RIGHT name on it...

Mabie Todd for ever!

Cob

tandaina
February 3rd, 2015, 02:26 PM
Wow, that 51... If they had nibs like that on the Parkers in the US I'd be a Parker collector.

da vinci
February 3rd, 2015, 03:09 PM
Nice haul Murfie/Migo :)

I was there as well. It was a little quiet compared to previous years, however that did give more time and space to peruse the tables!

I purchased a green/ gold Sheaffer Legacy with a stub nib, a maki-e'd (not sure if its screen print or not but it looks nice) Platinum 3776 and a classic pens CP2. I wish I had a bigger budget as Sarj had some very interesting pens indeed!

Misfit
February 15th, 2015, 03:01 AM
Hey Murfie, I think your photos were very good. Good to see you are liking the stub nibs. I got some onion skin paper, so hopefully I can get some letters written to you and my other air mail fountain pen pals.

Murfie
February 15th, 2015, 03:09 AM
Hey Murfie, I think your photos were very good. Good to see you are liking the stub nibs. I got some onion skin paper, so hopefully I can get some letters written to you and my other air mail fountain pen pals.
Thanks, Misfit. I've sent you a PM today. Cheers ...

k5MOW
February 15th, 2015, 05:55 AM
Very nice pen.

Roger