PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Vintage Flex: Waterman's & Mabie Todd

AZBennett
February 4th, 2015, 06:18 PM
My usual disclaimer here: I am not a professional pen restorer rather I am a self taught pen repairman. The pens I am offering up aren't usually Mint/Near Mint/Excellent condition and the prices reflect that fact. These were user grade pens from a bygone era. My attempt is to bring them back to life in the hopes that they will be used as the wonderful tools of creation they once were. Where applicable I use Richard Binders website for repair information, Pen Identification and a myriad of other nuggets of wisdom. I have replaced the sacs in these pens, cleaned and polished them. They have been reassembled with care and as much precision as I am able to accomplish. All my writing samples are conducted by myself or my wife and with the pen featured in this classified.

1. "Swan" Self-Filling Pen by Mabie Todd & Co. - Jade ringtop that features a Waterman's Ideal 2 full flex nib, nearly super-flex (see writing samples). The pen came to me with a Sheaffer nib that put down a very dry line. I received this lovely Waterman nib in a very beaten up unmarked pen and immediately thought of the Jade Ringtop. It's a lovely marriage. The pen buts down wonderful amounts of ink, flexing quite easily. The pen has a monogram "Ruth S. Culin" and the cap bands are slightly loose though not enough to fall off. Other than those two detractors this pen is a GEM. - 75 USD

2. Waterman's 52 BCHR lever filler - Pen features an Easy Flex nib in Fine that just loves to put down ink (see writing sample). Super responsive nib, one of the easiest flex nibs I have come across. The pen came to me without a cap. I am providing two caps, one is a Waterman's cap though it is Black Hard Rubber free of chasing and it has a chip on the lip and some other cosmetic damage. The other cap is a BCHR cap that fits the 52 but I do not believe it is a Waterman's Cap. There are some small scratches on the barrel end and on the section. Even with the cosmetic concerns the pen is a superb writer if you love easy full flex. - 75 USD

Purchase both pens for 135 shipping inclusive to CONUS

Payment via Paypal only

Shipping to CONUS via USPS Priority Mail - $5.95 USD.
Insurance available upon request at the buyers cost.
Will combine shipping on multiple pen purchases.
Will consider international shipping on a case by case basis (PM me for specifics).

Open to reasonable offers via PM.