PDA

View Full Version : Lamy Safari F Nib - Blue

Mental
February 5th, 2015, 03:07 PM
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and would like to donate a fountain pen to someone in need. I purchased a Lamy Safari in F as my first fountain pen. Unfortunately I'm a lefty and the molded grip doesn't work well for the way I hold the pen. It's brand-new and has only been used a few times as I tested it. This is a great starter pen for someone getting into fountain pens who uses a more traditional grip. Please reply if you're interested. I will ship anywhere in the US.

kbrede
February 5th, 2015, 04:52 PM
Not asking for the pen. Just wanted to say, 'Great first post!' Welcome to the forum.
Kent

VertOlive
February 5th, 2015, 05:16 PM
Hi and welcome! You might get a bit more exposure if you post this in the Pay It Forward(PIF) section here. Very generous offering.

Mental
February 5th, 2015, 06:25 PM
Thank you both!

VertOlive, I thought this was the PIF section, but I'm new here and might have posted in the wrong spot... Please let me know if there's a better place; thanks!

Laura N
February 5th, 2015, 08:20 PM
Welcome, what a nice thing to do. Not an entry, but a bump, because the Lamy Safari is one of my favorite pens.

ejaycock
February 5th, 2015, 08:55 PM
An amazing pen and offering please consider me for this. Thank you

sparkinflint
February 5th, 2015, 09:38 PM
Welcome to the forums :) (not an entry)

akapulko2020
February 5th, 2015, 11:32 PM
Welcome and what an awesome PIF. I love my newly purchased Safari.
( not an entry )

butchhe
February 6th, 2015, 03:59 AM
Welcome. What a way to make an entrance! It looks like I am one of the few people who don't have a Safari. Guess I'll throw my name in the ring.

k5MOW
February 6th, 2015, 05:07 AM
Well I am very new and don't have a pen yet so I will enter.

Thanks so much for the chance.

Roger

Dancingfountain
February 7th, 2015, 10:14 AM
Hi! I am a brand new member and have also started with a Lamy Safari! I got a medium and want to try fine nib as well but a separate pen so I can have a black ink ready to go. I hear what you are saying about comfort with traditional grip. I use a traditional grip and love the pen, but as a former teacher of handwriting, totally get how this pen could be uncomfortable. How generous of you to offer and will throw my name in ring as some unexpected things have put new nib/pens at the bottom of the list. I wouldn't mind helping with shipping. And welcome!

Mental
February 7th, 2015, 11:33 AM
OK, didn't want to keep people waiting so I've drawn a winner using random.org. Congrats to k5MOW (Roger)! I hope you enjoy the Safari; I'll contact you for shipping details.

On a related note, for anyone who has had issues with the Safari grip - I purchased the Pilot Metropolitan and I'm really enjoying it. It's a fantastic value.

Looking forward to participating in future discussions on the forum!
http://i.imgur.com/ORqCspr.png

k5MOW
February 7th, 2015, 11:57 AM
I want to thank you so very much. I am very excited to receive this pen.
Again thank you thank you.

Roger
I replied to your p.m.

Dancingfountain
February 11th, 2015, 06:46 PM
Bravo and well done, Mental! That was fun and now know a neat resource--should do this to help randomize some activities with my students.

butchhe
February 11th, 2015, 07:53 PM
Congrats Roger!

Mental
February 11th, 2015, 08:41 PM
Thanks! Pen should have shipped yesterday or today - Roger, would be interested in knowing your thoughts after using it!

This was fun; I hope to have some other giveaways in the future.

k5MOW
February 12th, 2015, 05:26 AM
I will definitely post here when it arrives. I am looking forward to using the pen.

Roger

k5MOW
February 20th, 2015, 04:31 AM
I just got the pen. Thank you so very much I love the way it writes.

Roger

Mental
February 20th, 2015, 08:03 AM
Glad to hear it; welcome to the rabbit hole! It keeps going deeper.

Dancingfountain
February 20th, 2015, 11:11 AM
Congrats, Roger! And I have to say looks better in this picture than the online catalog. Inspiring.