PDA

View Full Version : Review: Diamine Flowers Gift Set: Cornflower

Chrissy
February 6th, 2015, 04:26 AM
I'm currently reviewing some of my favourite Diamine inks. This one is from the Flowers Gift Set and is called Cornflower.

The water test on the review form shows this isn't a waterproof ink, but it's water resistant.

Bearing in mind the paper I use is very smooth, this ink dries quickly.

It flows very well and lubricates the nib very well. No start-up problems noticed.

It is currently available in the gift set in 30ml glass bottles that are stable and user friendly.

It's also now available in 30ml plastic bottles as refills.

Diamine (http://www.diamineinks.co.uk/) sell it directly to end-users on their web-site.

The Good Captain
February 7th, 2015, 03:10 AM
Perhaps my favourite from the Flower set and another great review.

Chrissy
February 7th, 2015, 03:25 AM
It's a bit brighter, maybe more summery than Tchaikovsky. So I think it has it's place in a 'blue' ink collection

Laura N
February 7th, 2015, 09:35 AM
Chrissy, it kind of looks like Asa-gao to me, or even Diamine Blue Velvet without the shading. How close is it to either of these, in real life, would you say?

Chrissy
February 8th, 2015, 05:16 PM
Chrissy, it kind of looks like Asa-gao to me, or even Diamine Blue Velvet without the shading. How close is it to either of these, in real life, would you say?

I forgot all about P.I. Asa-gao. Cornflower is very similar, maybe a tiny smidgeon more purply than A-g. Here's a comparison:

Underneath the Cornflower swabs, the number of passes was written using Asa-gao. I know that makes no sense, but I noticed that the words were missing so I wrote them with the pen I just happened to be using.

Cornflower is slightly more purply than Diamine Blue Velvet too. In real life, you would probably be able to manage with either Cornflower, Blue Velvet or Asa-gao

Laura N
February 8th, 2015, 07:09 PM
In real life, you would probably be able to manage with either Cornflower, Blue Velvet or Asa-gao

Of course. And wouldn't you know, I've got a sample of Cornflower coming, and I already own the others. :)

This is such a helpful review, thank you!