PDA

View Full Version : What Inks Have You Acquired Recently?

Pages : [1] 2 3

RayCornett
February 9th, 2015, 10:35 PM
i am not sure why I see a thread like this for pens but not inks. If I am missing it please let me know.....
But if not,,,, what inks have you acquired lately?

My most recent hail is Pilot Iroshizuku Fuyu-Gaki orange, ,Pelikan Edelstein Sapphire, and from a PIF - J. Herbin Poussiere de Lune, and Diamin Ancient Copper.

Frantik
February 10th, 2015, 01:50 AM
I also got the fuyu-gaki two days ago..Really nice this bright orange. I also got two 30ml bottles of Diamine Yellow and Red Dragon

earthdawn
February 10th, 2015, 01:54 AM
Just got Momiji the other day. Came on a warmer day when it was just above freezing lol

What I was surprised at was the gold sheen on the edges. If you zoom in on the second photo you can see it coming through. Really cool ink!

Potter
February 10th, 2015, 02:24 AM
I don't need any new inks, but they just keep popping up, London buses, none for ages, then suddenly six appear, I blame this forum!

Dreck
February 10th, 2015, 04:13 AM
I recently bought a bottle of the ESS Registrar's. I was excited to use the official ink of Church and State in the UK.
To turn a phrase by David T. Wolf: enthusiasm is what precedes experience. This ink is evil. At least one of my UK pen friends had cautioned me about it, but some of us just have to learn the hard way.
I decanted some into a small, sampler-sized jar that formerly held Islay Scotch marmalade (Mmmmm!), and filled two of my pens with it: the 1935 German piston-filler that I bought from Lex, and my #10 Dixie Konrad.
It may be that my results would have been better has these been daily-use pens, but inside a fortnight the ink had started to dry, and had so stained the ink windows that I could not see whether the piston was ascending or descending. It took a good bit of diligent, vigorous flushing and scrubbing to remove all the crusty bits. When I looked inside the marmalade jar, I saw that the ink had even begin drying to the bottom of it as well.

migo984
February 10th, 2015, 04:30 AM
I recently bought a bottle of the ESS Registrar's. I was excited to use the official ink of Church and State in the UK.
To turn a phrase by David T. Wolf: enthusiasm is what precedes experience. This ink is evil. At least one of my UK pen friends had cautioned me about it, but some of us just have to learn the hard way.
I decanted some into a small, sampler-sized jar that formerly held Islay Scotch marmalade (Mmmmm!), and filled two of my pens with it: the 1935 German piston-filler that I bought from Lex, and my #10 Dixie Konrad.
It may be that my results would have been better has these been daily-use pens, but inside a fortnight the ink had started to dry, and had so stained the ink windows that I could not see whether the piston was ascending or descending. It took a good bit of diligent, vigorous flushing and scrubbing to remove all the crusty bits. When I looked inside the marmalade jar, I saw that the ink had even begin drying to the bottom of it as well.

It's not surprising that it stains and dries rapidly. It's permanent, waterproof, archival-quality, iron gall records ink; intended for official documents. It isn't supposed to be an easy-to-clean, erasable ink.

Cob
February 10th, 2015, 05:05 AM
Well I love ESSRI, and my pens that have had it inside for a couple of weeks at least seem to be fine and better still continue to write nicely!

Cob

VertOlive
February 10th, 2015, 05:27 PM
Organics Studio: "Emily Dickinson" and "Jane Austen"--St Valentine's Day is coming!

tnordl
February 11th, 2015, 03:41 AM
Just ordered 3 bottles of 'the writing desks' own ink: majestic blue, black, and red. Also waiting for Iroshizuku Fountain Pen Ink Red Orange (fuyu-gaki) 50ml Bottle to arrive in the postbox

tnordl
February 11th, 2015, 09:05 AM
Earthdawn the ink looks fantastic. What pen did you use and what nib does it have?

chojo
February 11th, 2015, 12:23 PM
I've just finished collecting all 8 of diamine's 150th anniversary inks. I may save up for the music set next.

migo984
February 11th, 2015, 12:51 PM
I've just finished collecting all 8 of diamine's 150th anniversary inks. I may save up for the music set next.

I prefer the Music Set to the Anniversary inks. Tchaikovsky & Schubert are favourites.

writingrav
February 11th, 2015, 01:50 PM

I prefer the Music Set to the Anniversary inks. Tchaikovsky & Schubert are favourites.
Agreed. And Strauss and Chopin are also very nice.

carlos.q
February 11th, 2015, 03:57 PM
The latest 4 inks that I have bought are:

Sailor Yama-Dori: very nice
Sailor Shigure: great lubricated dark purple
Lamy Blue-Black: awesome shading
Iroshizuku Kon-Peki: nice flow but too light for my taste. I prefer Edelstein Topaz. :rain:

bulbboy
February 11th, 2015, 07:56 PM
J Herbin Stormy Grey
Noodlers Baystate Blue
Klingner Verdigris

TerraNoir
February 11th, 2015, 08:52 PM
Noodler's Park Red
Levenger Pomegranate
All of the Toucan inks as samples.

Neo
February 11th, 2015, 09:00 PM
Noodler's Park Red
Levenger Pomegranate
All of the Toucan inks as samples.

Please let me know your impressions when you start using the Park Red.

migo984
February 12th, 2015, 06:47 AM
Received today from Write Here! in the UK (no affiliation)

sgtstretch
February 12th, 2015, 08:19 AM
I think I'm going to have to pick up that Al-Star, it looks fantastic.

top pen
February 12th, 2015, 11:42 AM
Just ordered J Herbin Stormy, really excited!

akapulko2020
February 13th, 2015, 04:52 AM
Just ordered 3 bottles of 'the writing desks' own ink: majestic blue, black, and red. Also waiting for Iroshizuku Fountain Pen Ink Red Orange (fuyu-gaki) 50ml Bottle to arrive in the postbox
I'd love to hear your opinion of the writingdesk's brand when you've tried them. Photo of writing example will be much appreciated..

Alec_J
February 13th, 2015, 11:37 AM
i am not sure why I see a thread like this for pens but not inks. If I am missing it please let me know.....

My most recent hail is Pilot Iroshizuku Fuyu-Gaki orange, ,Pelikan Edelstein Sapphire, and from a PIF - J. Herbin Poussiere de Lune, and Diamin Ancient Copper.

It appears someone works in a laboratory. The EDTA and sodium citrate tubes are a give-away! I use those daily. Never crossed my mind to use them for ink. Hmmmm where are those extra tubes at....?

Waterman Absolute Brown
Noodler's 54th Massachusetts

writingrav
February 13th, 2015, 02:39 PM
Just tried out DeAtrementis Document Ink, Dark Blue in my new Faber-Castell Basic (B). Great ink, incredible pen worth far more than $45.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/13/0e01846ccc1c9ba42fecc6b3a258ab58.jpg

xwordaddict
February 14th, 2015, 09:41 AM
I'm eagerly awaiting the delivery of Iroshizuku Yama Budo and Fuyu Stogun and some good ole Pilot blue-black.

VertOlive
February 25th, 2015, 05:29 PM

Well gosh, are your ink samples in danger of clotting?! :)

VertOlive
February 25th, 2015, 05:30 PM
I just received this batch from a fellow FP Geek, a Diamine Bomb!

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f261/sparrowe/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender-6.jpg (http://s49.photobucket.com/user/sparrowe/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender-6.jpg.html)

Oxblood
Meadow
Imperial purple
Cerise
Chocolate brown
Hope pink
Grape

Jon Szanto
February 25th, 2015, 05:32 PM
At the LA Pen Show I picked up a bottle of Stipula Musk Green, and my spouse a bottle of Sailor Jentle Nioi-Sumire.

tnordl
March 1st, 2015, 06:20 AM
I'd love to hear your opinion of the writingdesk's brand when you've tried them. Photo of writing example will be much appreciated..
Here it goes, my first review and from my mobile phone. Hope somebody fond it useful. The empty pages show the bleed.

migo984
March 1st, 2015, 10:11 AM
IIRC Martin from The Writing Desk has previously confirmed that these inks are exactly the same colour and formulation as the Diamine inks of the same/equivalent names. But being 100ml bottles they offer good VFM.

AZBennett
March 1st, 2015, 10:47 AM
Pilot Iroshizuku Syo-Ro, Shin-Ryoku, Sailor Kobe Kyo-Machi, DeAtramentis Lavender, Noodlers Bad Belted Kingfisher and Turquoise Eel.

Alec_J
March 6th, 2015, 10:02 AM
Noodlers Liberty's Elysium incoming tomorrow along with an amber Conklin Duragraph. I can't wait!

Alec_J
April 19th, 2015, 07:47 PM
This thread has kind of died but I will try to get it going again. Today I got Noodlers Bullet Proof Black and Noodlers Zivago. I love the dark black-green of the Zivago. Very nice! The black is utilitarian for me.

earthdawn
April 19th, 2015, 10:11 PM
I just got the revised J. Herbin Ocean Blue

jde
April 21st, 2015, 06:42 AM
Franklin-Christoph's new Midnight Emerald, Noir et Bleu, and Dark Chocolate. They'll be here Thursday.

RonLyke
April 21st, 2015, 02:12 PM
Montblanc Toffee Brown

mhosea
April 21st, 2015, 02:23 PM
Just got Diamine Autumn Oak, Pilot Iroshizuku Tsuyu-Kusa, and Diamine Blue Velvet. Blue velvet sure does remind me of Private Reserve Electric DC Blue, just a tad lighter, which is a good thing.

Jon Szanto
April 21st, 2015, 02:37 PM
Three new (to me): Iroshizuku Chiku-rin, Sheaffer Peacock Blue, and Sailor Kobe Kounan Maroon #27. I had to do an inventory of bottles (non-sample-vial) of ink before sharing some with a young friend, and was shocked to see that those three put the total at 50. It would have been a great place to stop, but it will have to be 51, because I'm waiting for this:

http://i.imgur.com/1CwB0yG.jpg

Neo
April 21st, 2015, 02:48 PM
Franklin-Christoph's new Midnight Emerald, Noir et Bleu, and Dark Chocolate. They'll be here Thursday.

Would you mind posting some writing samples?

kaisnowbird
April 21st, 2015, 03:43 PM

I heard that the gold sparkle doesn't come out as often in an everyday writer unless we agitate the converter very often. Would you agree?

Great shots by the way.

Cyber6
April 21st, 2015, 03:44 PM
Three new (to me): Iroshizuku Chiku-rin, Sheaffer Peacock Blue, and Sailor Kobe Kounan Maroon #27. I had to do an inventory of bottles (non-sample-vial) of ink before sharing some with a young friend, and was shocked to see that those three put the total at 50. It would have been a great place to stop, but it will have to be 51, because I'm waiting for this:

Is there a way to stop at 50??... I think once you go over 20ish.. you just can't stop. ;)

C.

earthdawn
April 21st, 2015, 04:06 PM

I heard that the gold sparkle doesn't come out as often in an everyday writer unless we agitate the converter very often. Would you agree?

Great shots by the way.

I would say thats a fair assessment. I just looked and it has settled in the converter but a little shake, a light one, gets it mixed back in.

The blue is really nice.... next to the JFK blue you can see it has some purple to it.

Laura N
April 21st, 2015, 04:33 PM
Is there a way to stop at 50??

Not for me. :)

BCDDiggler
April 21st, 2015, 04:43 PM
I just got both Lamy SE for 2015 and Apache Sunset. Well - I ordered them! Ordered from a Canadian store.
I'm waiting for Goulet to restock the bottles of ink to order.

Somehow I've turned into a bit of a Lamy collector. Fortunately I have an ink for each! :D

Crazyorange
April 21st, 2015, 05:02 PM

http://i.imgur.com/1CwB0yG.jpg

Will you post an ink review on the sheaffer gold?

Jon Szanto
April 21st, 2015, 05:41 PM
Is there a way to stop at 50?

It was my understanding that life begins at 50. Isn't this what they meant?

Will you post an ink review on the sheaffer gold?

Sure, I'll be happy to.

earthdawn
April 24th, 2015, 01:31 AM
JFK ink by mont blanc and what a perfect blue/black it is. Grabbed a bottle while the anderson pens had it in stock.

akapulko2020
April 24th, 2015, 06:41 AM
Cant delete from Tapatalk

ethernautrix
April 24th, 2015, 07:46 PM

I forgot to take pictures of the writing from nearly two weeks ago. I should grab the dip pen and get the two bottles on my desk and provide a better sample of what both inks look like, but it is now 03:45 here, and I should probably go to bed more.

And now I see that I forgot the "d" in "used." Can't fix that on the keyboard!

Jon Szanto
April 24th, 2015, 08:03 PM

Not to worry. I thank you for the post, and it reminds me that I not only miss your (more) regular presence, but your unique hand as well.

mhosea
April 24th, 2015, 08:13 PM

Did you just trick me into reading it twice? I think you did. :)

ethernautrix
April 24th, 2015, 08:34 PM

Did you just trick me into reading it twice? I think you did. :)

This made me laugh quietly out loud.

minaa
April 24th, 2015, 10:51 PM
I got some P.W. Akkerman inks last week, which made me a happy lady. Today, Iroshizuku fuyu-gaki arrived from Japan, and I can't wait to load it into a pen and see how it writes. I'm waiting on Shin-ryoku still. :)

caribbean_skye
April 25th, 2015, 04:30 AM
I got some P.W. Akkerman inks last week, which made me a happy lady. Today, Iroshizuku fuyu-gaki arrived from Japan, and I can't wait to load it into a pen and see how it writes. I'm waiting on Shin-ryoku still. :)

Which Akkerman inks did you get?

ethernautrix
April 25th, 2015, 08:05 AM
Used a dip pen to show the two KWZ iron-gall inks. When wet - and even as they're drying - they're very similar, but they are definitely different, as shown in the first photo. The difference should be more discernible in a day or so.

I really do like the EtherX Blue. Too bad about the ghosting (which doesn't appear for a few days at least).

minaa
April 25th, 2015, 09:53 AM

Pulchri Pink, Oranje Boven, Voorhout Violet, Shocking blue :)

caribbean_skye
April 25th, 2015, 06:17 PM

Pulchri Pink, Oranje Boven, Voorhout Violet, Shocking blue :)

oh cool. I am still trying to decide between the pulchi pink and maurithuis magenta

minaa
April 26th, 2015, 10:42 AM
http://cdn.meme.li/instances/300x300/37404530.jpg

Seemed appropriate.

P.s. Fuyu-gaki is so pretty!

Tiggercat
April 26th, 2015, 11:04 AM
I received some Noodler's Bernanke Blue and Mont Blanc JFK Navy as gifts. I'm very pleased with both.

Lt. Tom
May 4th, 2015, 08:25 PM
At the Atlanta Pen Show I picked-up some P.W.Akkermon Groenmarkt Smaragd, a wonderful sort of dark olive green. The swabs I see on the net don't do it justice. It's not too saturated, and a great match for my olive Parker 45. Last week the postman showed up with some (beautiful) Namiki Blue, and some De'Atramentis Ebony. I ordered the Ebony by mistake. Somehow I managed to check the wrong box on the website. Assuming Ebony was black, I was boxing it up to send back, and noticed it is actually a dark brown. I'm kind of short on browns so I opened it and inked up an old Pilot 78g instead. It is a warm, dark, rich brown, and I love it.

I like mango pudding
May 4th, 2015, 09:47 PM
I bought a bottle of Yama budo last week but have not cracked it open yet. Don't know which pen to fill it with.

earthdawn
May 4th, 2015, 10:44 PM
Edelstein Amethyst ... yea it's really nice and shades and flows... ugh I have too many inks I "really" like.

MelanieWI
May 5th, 2015, 11:01 PM
I finally ordered and received the Lamy Neon Lime ink cartridges, because the bottle was sold out. I am disappointed; it doesn't seem to show up at all because it's so pale. On a happier note, I love the Neon Lime Safari. The bright color is so cheerful!

mhosea
May 11th, 2015, 09:57 PM
The Pelikan Turquoise looks a bit darker and bluer to me in person. That is to say, it's not a very good rendition of "turquoise", not enough green, but I don't want a true turquoise. I like this ink better!

TAYLORPUPPY
May 11th, 2015, 10:51 PM
Wow, I've bought so many different inks lately

Steph
May 13th, 2015, 07:38 AM
The new J. Herbin Blue Ocean (now with gold flecks) and the MB JFK.

Silverbreeze
May 13th, 2015, 10:21 AM
Not understanding the MB JFK. It's MB Navy isn't it

mhosea
May 13th, 2015, 11:44 AM

Sorta kinda maybe. I've never heard anybody call it "MB Navy" before, i.e. leaving off the JFK or "John F. Kennedy".

http://www.montblanc.com/en-us/collection/refills/writing-accessories/111409-Ink-Bottle-JFK-Blue-Navy,-30-ml.html

Silverbreeze
May 13th, 2015, 12:25 PM

Sorta kinda maybe. I've never heard anybody call it "MB Navy" before, i.e. leaving off the JFK or "John F. Kennedy".

http://www.montblanc.com/en-us/collection/refills/writing-accessories/111409-Ink-Bottle-JFK-Blue-Navy,-30-ml.html

Meant Royal Blue, my bad [emoji1]
http://www.montblanc.com/en-us/collection/refills/writing-accessories/105192-Ink-Bottle-Royal-Blue,-60-ml.html

Tiggercat
May 13th, 2015, 01:46 PM
PR Daphne Blue - what a great color!

southpaw52
May 13th, 2015, 03:31 PM
I recently purchased three Iroshizuku inks that were on sale Yama-Budo, Tsuki Yo, and Fuyu Gaki

perfaddict
May 21st, 2015, 09:02 AM

VertOlive
May 21st, 2015, 05:37 PM
A pen pal just sent me a sample of Akkerman's "Chinatown Red", a bright, medium-saturated red toward the orange side. Eye catching in a TWSBI 1.5 nib!

mhosea
May 21st, 2015, 06:06 PM
Vis-a-vis Chinatown Red, if it's convenient to get the Akkerman... and the bottles are certainly cool enough to merit getting it... but if you just want the ink...

http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/8604-A-pair-of-Akkerman-Diamine-Match-ups

sgtstretch
May 22nd, 2015, 01:50 PM
Vis-a-vis Chinatown Red, if it's convenient to get the Akkerman... and the bottles are certainly cool enough to merit getting it... but if you just want the ink...

http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/8604-A-pair-of-Akkerman-Diamine-Match-ups

I think I've read that Diamine actually makes all the Akkerman inks, and you can get most of the colors in Diamine bottles for much less, but I still would buy a bottle of Akkerman just to have the bottle.

VertOlive
May 30th, 2015, 02:02 PM
Thanks, it does look like Diamine Strawberry is a twin for Chinatown.

migo984
June 7th, 2015, 10:25 PM
Just arrived, in the original Visconti glass bottles & stylish box. So much nicer than the current plastic efforts....

Jon Szanto
June 7th, 2015, 11:43 PM
I was just thanked for doing some pen work with one of these about 90% full:

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/post-73735-0-54585800-1361802669.jpg

ac12
June 8th, 2015, 02:16 PM
8 bottles of Pelikan at the SF Pen Posse
- blue-black (the non-US formulation)
- black
- green
- turquoise

caribbean_skye
June 8th, 2015, 06:19 PM
erm...

Standardgraph Elder blue, sky blue, lilac rose, poppy red, fern green and blueberry
Seitz Kreuznach dark orchid
Sailor yama dori
J Herbin Rouge Opera, Rouge Caroubier, Rose Cyclamen
Diamine Aqua Lagoon
and there *may* be some KWZI ink on its way to me soon.

Yes I seem to be having ink impulse buying problem.

migo984
June 8th, 2015, 06:45 PM
erm...

Standardgraph Elder blue, sky blue, lilac rose, poppy red, fern green and blueberry
Sailor yama dori
Diamine Aqua Lagoon

I'm a big fan of Standardgraph inks. Did you buy from Seitz-Kreuznach? They have always given great service and I highly recommend them.

Crazyorange
June 8th, 2015, 07:32 PM
erm...

Sailor yama dori
Diamine Aqua Lagoon

Awesome selection. A cornucopia of ink[emoji5]️

caribbean_skye
June 8th, 2015, 08:04 PM
erm...

Sailor yama dori
Diamine Aqua Lagoon

I'm a big fan of Standardgraph inks. Did you buy from Seitz-Kreuznach? They have always given great service and I highly recommend them.

I bought 3 from them and 3 from someone on FPN.

FredRydr
June 10th, 2015, 05:39 PM
I bought another bottle of MB Toffee, no surprises there. But the Herbin Cafe des Isles is a disappointment, and it's going into the trade box. It's just kinda washed out sepia to my eye.

Fred

Crazyorange
June 10th, 2015, 07:00 PM
I bought another bottle of MB Toffee, no surprises there. But the Herbin Cafe des Isles is a disappointment, and it's going into the trade box. It's just kinda washed out sepia to my eye.

Fred

Isn't that toffee color beautiful?? It's one of my favorites after another member posted about it.

FredRydr
June 10th, 2015, 08:39 PM
Isn't that toffee color beautiful?? It's one of my favorites after another member posted about it.

Yes, and it's one of my most used inks, especially in EF flex pens. My problem is I buy a bottle thinking I that I might as well take it while it's in front of me, but when I get home, I find I already had plenty. Now I'm up to four unopened bottles of Toffee! Soon, I'll be on one of those Hoarders TV shows.

Fred

P.S. Want to trade a Herbin Cafe des Isles for a Toffee?

RuiFromUK
June 11th, 2015, 08:53 AM

Yes, and it's one of my most used inks, especially in EF flex pens. My problem is I buy a bottle thinking I that I might as well take it while it's in front of me, but when I get home, I find I already had plenty. Now I'm up to four unopened bottles of Toffee! Soon, I'll be on one of those Hoarders TV shows.

Fred

On my side, I actually use MB Toffee as well for exactly the same reason when I practice Copperplate.

Crazyorange
June 11th, 2015, 03:21 PM

Fred

Yuckers to herbin cafe. Keeping my toffee thanks ;)

Special K
June 15th, 2015, 11:29 PM
Oh yes,I am so stoked. I got five big bottles of Noodlers, with five free pens. I'll probably give them away. And one bottle of Akkerman . Yes, the Akkerman looks awesome in real life

Lady Onogaro
June 15th, 2015, 11:40 PM
I got a bunch of ink samples from InkbytheML:

Diamine Strauss
Diamine Schubert
Diamine Deep Dark Purple
Diamine Iris
KWZI Gummiberry
KWZI Violet #4
Akkerman#4 Nassaus Blauw
KWZI Violet #3

I hope to try these in the next couple of days.

I also picked up tins of J. Herbin Poussiere de Lune (love it) and Larme de Cassis (love it).

akapulko2020
July 26th, 2015, 06:13 AM
Neo's awesome PIF resulted in this, which I like to call " this is what inky happiness looks like " ;-) 10 Noodlers' ink samples, what a joy [emoji322]

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/26/6c73214a1ecb7fefef6ea3d2278a37ca.jpg

sharmon202
July 26th, 2015, 06:22 AM

Meant Royal Blue, my bad [emoji1]
http://www.montblanc.com/en-us/collection/refills/writing-accessories/105192-Ink-Bottle-Royal-Blue,-60-ml.html

I bought 2 bottles of this, love it. I read somewhere it is a navy blue and looks like it to me. No purple in it as I see it.

Blackhorse
July 26th, 2015, 08:03 AM
Sailor Sei Boku

Wanted a well behaved blue-black that won't go anywhere once on the page. There are those that caution against the nano inks and those that claim to have used them forever with no problems whatsoever. This will be used for drawing as well as general writing. It will be used in fountain as well as dip pens, on a variety of papers...from heavy watercolor paper to cheap copy and note papers. It's reputation is solid. I expect my experience to be positive.

Sailor Kenshin
July 26th, 2015, 08:24 AM
I have Too Many Inks, but caved and bought MB Blue Hour. I'll probably cave on JH Emerald of Chivor, too. IF I can ever find it.

Blackhorse
July 26th, 2015, 08:36 AM
If you want the Emerald ink, why not preorder to ensure it won't be ' unobtainium'? A number of the related threads have links to vendors that are taking names in advance.

HoLmeslice
July 31st, 2015, 05:17 PM
I've recently loaded up on a few samples from Anderson Pens & Goulet Pen Co; Noodler's Ink Golden Brown, Apache Sunset, & Black Swan in Australian Roses, Organic Studio Gregor Mendel, Waterman Serenity Blue, and (finally) Rohrer & Klingner Salix and Scabiosa. I've also got plenty of other bottles of ink both in samples and bottled form (too many to list here), but you can add me to the list of many who'd like a bottle (or two) of the upcoming Emerald of Chivor.

ThirdeYe
August 2nd, 2015, 09:08 PM
Iroshizuku Kon Peki and Tsuki Yo. My first two bottles of Iroshizuku, and my 2 most recent. Before that, I also purchased a bottle of Parker Quink Washable Blue, and those were my first three inks in quite some time.

migo984
August 2nd, 2015, 09:50 PM
A bottle of Noodler's Canadian special - Blue Upon the Plains of Abraham, c/o the very kind Cyber6. A very nice ink; goes on a dark blue; dries to a pleasing dark blue-grey. It appears at first use to be quite similar in appearance & behaviour to Kobe #51 Kanou-chou Midnight.

Lady Onogaro
August 3rd, 2015, 10:11 PM
I was in a second hand store this weekend and found an old style bottle of Pelikan Washable Royal Blue and a bottle of Pelikan Brilliant Red (though in the bottle it doesn't look "brilliant" red) as well as some Speedball dip pen nibs.

VertOlive
August 4th, 2015, 05:53 PM
A kind geek just sent me a sample of O.S. "Blue Merle". This one makes me begin to like blue ink!

chojo
August 7th, 2015, 12:42 PM
Look what I got this morning :dance3:

Silverbreeze
August 7th, 2015, 04:41 PM
Look what I got this morning :dance3:

Lucky bastard [emoji12]

chojo
August 8th, 2015, 05:09 AM
Not so much of the lucky 😀
It's just a blinged up PR Blue suede! I need to stop buying these things. Always a disappointment.

Silverbreeze
August 8th, 2015, 04:02 PM
Not so much of the lucky 😀
It's just a blinged up PR Blue suede! I need to stop buying these things. Always a disappointment.
Told you it looks blue to me

Jon Szanto
August 8th, 2015, 04:05 PM
I just got a bottle of Sailor Jentle Shigure. I have a Sheaffer OS Balance that can be a bit on the wet side, and found that my SJ Blue/Black was a good candidate, being a bit less wet of an ink, but the color was just a bit meh. I decided to give Shigure a try, being a really dark purple, I'd say purple/black. So far I'm liking the look, and the behavior suits the pen.

Denizzz
August 9th, 2015, 12:20 AM
I have received the samples of these Diamine inks: Bilberry, Ancient copper, Grey, Grape, Sapphire blue, Amazing Amethist, Majestic blue, Sargaso Sea.

perfaddict
August 11th, 2015, 08:23 AM
MB JFK
MB Meisterstuck Blue Hour
MB Corn Poppy Red
MB Leo Tolstoy
Sailor Iro Fuyu Syogun
Diamine Prussian Blue

henkm
August 11th, 2015, 04:18 PM
I was going to buy something else but came home with Herbin Gris Nuage and Diamine Blue Velvet.

Newjelan
August 13th, 2015, 11:42 AM
J. Herbin Emerald de Chivor and I think it lives up to the hype.

Silverbreeze
August 13th, 2015, 07:41 PM
J. Herbin Emerald de Chivor and I think it lives up to the hype.
Lucky

Tiggercat
August 16th, 2015, 05:48 AM
I picked up Diamine Ancient Copper in DC - somehow I had never seen it before. Beautiful color!

dannzeman
August 17th, 2015, 09:42 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/17/1663f048543838db20599d3c606499c7.jpg

My friend brought a bottle of Emerald of Chivor from Canada to the DC Show for me. Still deciding on what to ink it with first.

Laura N
August 17th, 2015, 03:45 PM
Forget the ink. Forget the beer. Do I see Neopan?!

dannzeman
August 17th, 2015, 05:51 PM
Yep! Me source for ink is also my dealer for film.

caribbean_skye
August 24th, 2015, 05:53 PM
a (not quite full) bottle of Levenger Pinkly arrived today and received shipping notice on my Emerald of Chivor.

Dragonmaster Lou
August 25th, 2015, 05:47 AM
Pilot/Namiki blue, which came with my Pilot Custom 823. Not complaining as I was already planning on getting it as an "everyday" blue anyway.

stub
August 25th, 2015, 09:02 AM
A bunch.

This has been a summer of scribble juice mania for me.

I stocked up on a bunch of discontinued Sailor inks (Ultramarine, Sky High, Apricot, Grenade, Epinard) and lucked into another bottle of Monty JFK, finally tried out Aurora Blue (a rare example of a highly lubricated ink that is not all that wet actually).

Any got my paws on Diamine Blue Velvet which is instantly one of my favorite inks. Very very nice. Exceeded expectations.

But the ink acquisition of the summer for me is that I found 2 NOS Black box pre-screw-up Omas Blue. HOLY COW. Dark, wet, high chroma, sheen is off the charts on this ink. Bonkers. Stunning ink. Goodness.

stub
August 25th, 2015, 09:03 AM
I love Toffee Brown, but people hating on Herbin Cafe des Isles meet me in the alley after school. I'll fix your wagon. :whip:

sgtstretch
August 25th, 2015, 09:47 AM
I just placed an order for J. Herbin 1670 Emerald of Chivor, and a 2nd bottle of Pelikan Edelstein Amethyst.

earthdawn
August 27th, 2015, 10:42 PM
Muh huh huh huh ... it does not disappoint

Blackhorse
August 27th, 2015, 10:58 PM
I'm thinkin' that the Chivor is going to be awesome with a glass dip pen.

notsim
September 2nd, 2015, 04:40 PM
The Hematite Red is stunning with a glass dip pen.

Jon Szanto
September 2nd, 2015, 07:23 PM
While at the SF Pen Show, I picked up bottles of Pelikan 4001 Blue/Black and Brilliant Black for $5 each, and two KWZ IG inks (Blue #5 and Green #4) from the charming Lisa and Wendi at Vanness Pens.

Special K
September 2nd, 2015, 09:39 PM
I just figured out that Sailor ink has the cup inside the bottle the same way the Twsbi Diamond bottle does. This is a great idea

mhosea
September 2nd, 2015, 10:06 PM
Muh huh huh huh ... it does not disappoint

No, indeed. I'm very pleased with it. I got mine today from Massdrop, with a backup bottle of Rouge Hematite, and a bottle of the reformulated Bleu Ocean. With apologies to Montblanc and J. Herbin both:

(though it really should be J. Herbin apologizing for their impractical ink bottles).

AndyYNWA
September 2nd, 2015, 10:15 PM
Sailor Jentle Yama-dori. The shading and the sheen! :)

Jon Szanto
September 2nd, 2015, 10:18 PM

(though it really should be J. Herbin apologizing for their impractical ink bottles).

Ahahahaha! You had me for a minute there, until I looked closer. Nice recycling.

Steph
September 3rd, 2015, 02:21 AM
There's been a deluge of ink: got my Chivor from Anderson Pens, and some Diamine Ancient Oak too. Then Midnight Emerald, Blue 72, and a sample of Tenebris Purpuratum from Franklin Christoph.

stub
September 3rd, 2015, 04:27 AM
I just figured out that Sailor ink has the cup inside the bottle the same way the Twsbi Diamond bottle does. This is a great idea

Until you find a pen that either takes more ink than that little cup doodad holds or a nib that is too large to fit in there.

Half the time I end up fishing that little plastic thing out of the bottle. Sailor is by far my favorite ink but I am not really all that crazy about the bottles.

stub
September 3rd, 2015, 04:31 AM
I just want to say, again, just how much I love this new Diamine Blue Velvet. I wish they sold it in the 80ml bottles. Or. By. The. Gallon.

I have it in my Chartres Blue Platinum 3776 and it is TEH SEX.

TerraNoir
September 3rd, 2015, 06:22 AM
My most recent purchases included a bottle of Califolio in Androphile and of course the new 1670 Emerald of Chivor. I love that ink so much.

migo984
September 3rd, 2015, 01:25 PM
I'm in Inky Heaven. Arrived home after 6 months away to all the stuff I bought during that time and had delivered to my parents' address in my absence. Huge pile of parcels - it was very exciting, just like xmas! Amongst the pile were lots of inks, including, amongst others:

Pen & Message Saku, Caran d'Ache Colours of the Earth Saffron, Storm, Amazon,Caribbean Sea and Sunset, vintage Sheaffer Skrip Blue and Red, StandardGraph Reed Green, Fig Brown, Blueberry, Maize Yellow, Mb Leo Tolstoy, Super5 Dublin and Atlantic, plus a few others I haven't yet opened.

Brought home with me Kobe Ur Lapis, Kobe Renoir Pink, Noodler's Blue Upon the Plains of Abraham and Blackstone Blue. More bottles of BungBox inks and another bottle of Parker Penman Sapphire are currently on their way too.

I'm the Veruca Salt of inks!

Now off to recover from the 31 hour long door-to-door journey......zzzzzzzzzzzz

AndyYNWA
September 6th, 2015, 11:45 AM
Sailor Kobe #23 Nagata Blue is on it's way from Japan!

staflea
September 7th, 2015, 09:22 AM
Just got this and then blew it completely by getting over excited and bunging it in the next pen that was empty - a fine nib. Doh. Next broad, stub or even medium nib empty it's in. :)

HoLmeslice
September 10th, 2015, 11:14 AM
Just splurged on my first bottles of two Sailor inks, Yama Dori and Oku Yama. It will be my first experience with the brand, so I'm pretty excited to see how they flow from my TWSBI Mini with B Nib. That said, I'm not exactly looking forward to the sideways glance I'll get from my wife for this purchase, especially since I've got a sizable ink bottle collection already. So I'll have to make amends, for sure. (Maybe the love notes, I'll be sending over the next few weeks will butter her up.) [emoji39]

Which reminds me, I should seriously consider contributing to a PIF, for sale, or trade post regarding that soon.... Peace!

migo984
September 10th, 2015, 12:45 PM
A few Franklin Christoph inks arrived today.

penwash
September 10th, 2015, 03:54 PM
Pardon a newbie question, what is PIF ??
(and this is a good time to point to this junior member if in fact this forum has a Glossary section :) )

Faustine
September 10th, 2015, 04:12 PM
Caran d'Ache Colours of the Earth Saffron, Storm, Amazon,Caribbean Sea and Sunset

Oh, where did you find the discontinued Caran d'Ache inks?? I have a friend who is madly in love with Caribbean Sea.

caribbean_skye
September 10th, 2015, 05:11 PM
Caran d'Ache Colours of the Earth Saffron, Storm, Amazon,Caribbean Sea and Sunset

Oh, where did you find the discontinued Caran d'Ache inks?? I have a friend who is madly in love with Caribbean Sea.

i would love to know. went on a hunt for caribbean sea, bought grand canyon. need to find storm too...

Laura N
September 10th, 2015, 05:25 PM
I have been sampling some of the Diamine Shimmertastic inks. These are soooo nice.

Chrissy
September 11th, 2015, 05:19 AM
Pardon a newbie question, what is PIF ??
(and this is a good time to point to this junior member if in fact this forum has a Glossary section :) )

PIF = Pay it Forward it's where members offer items for free, that is designed for those winners to pay it forward to others. I think there was a movie called Pay it Forward.

If you click on the Forum tab then you can see all of the sub sections. :)

Welcome to FPG :welcome:

AndyYNWA
September 11th, 2015, 08:34 AM
Nagasawa Kobe #23 Nagata Blue arrived from Japan yesterday. A nice greyish blue/black.

Chrissy
September 11th, 2015, 11:39 AM
i would love to know. went on a hunt for caribbean sea, bought grand canyon. need to find storm too...

P.M. sent I can find Storm and Saffron

migo984
September 11th, 2015, 12:14 PM

I see you've had a reply so I'll assume you're sorted :-)

caribbean_skye
September 11th, 2015, 07:01 PM

I see you've had a reply so I'll assume you're sorted :-)

heh Migo, still on hunt for the ever elusive caribbean sea [emoji6]

bluesea
September 20th, 2015, 12:19 PM
Three 50 ml bottles:
Edelstein Tanzanite: my current choice for blue-black
Emerald of Chivor: I love this blue-green even without the sparkle
Iroshizuku Tsutsuji: I like it!

mhosea
September 20th, 2015, 01:04 PM
Opposites?

Noodler's King Philip Requiem (a magenta)
J. Herbin Eclat De Saphir

Not sure how I'm going to use the former. It was an impulse buy, and I just have it loaded into the "Charlie" pen that came with it. Guess I've re-Noodler'd shortly after de-Noodling.

kulnet
September 20th, 2015, 01:10 PM
Went to Dromgooles in Houston yesterday and picked up:
Montblanc Leo Tolstoy
Montblanc JFK

Larry was also very kind to gift me with a bottle of the ink that will debut at the Dallas Pen Show next weekend - Noodlers Bankers Tan. There will only be about 100 bottles of these to go around. Very limited. I am very grateful that Larry was so generous to supply me with a bottle. He definitely has a customer for life as I have been to his wonderful store many times.

Bought 2 bottles of SBRE Brown from http://www.lacouronneducomte.nl/

cwent2
September 20th, 2015, 01:23 PM
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/735/21548326226_e3a1c5cd97_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/yQ9NDY)Commonwealth pen show (https://flic.kr/p/yQ9NDY) by Carl Wood (https://www.flickr.com/photos/99367074@N04/), on Flickr
Myles Standish
Plymouth Wilderness
King Philip requiem

And was able to snag a #10 Dixie with a gold nib

FredRydr
September 23rd, 2015, 04:30 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-EGLJt5zIXUM/Vf_6gKjlxvI/AAAAAAAAJFs/gcFxfUDO5GY/s800-Ic42/2015_09_21_08_39_33.jpg

You know you want this ink refill.

Fred

sharmon202
September 23rd, 2015, 04:38 PM
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/735/21548326226_e3a1c5cd97_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/yQ9NDY)Commonwealth pen show (https://flic.kr/p/yQ9NDY) by Carl Wood (https://www.flickr.com/photos/99367074@N04/), on Flickr
Myles Standish
Plymouth Wilderness
King Philip requiem

And was able to snag a #10 Dixie with a gold nib

Mind saying what colors these are or demonstrating them with a picture? thanks,

sharmon202
September 23rd, 2015, 04:40 PM

Until you find a pen that either takes more ink than that little cup doodad holds or a nib that is too large to fit in there.

Half the time I end up fishing that little plastic thing out of the bottle. Sailor is by far my favorite ink but I am not really all that crazy about the bottles.

Totally agree here.

cwent2
September 23rd, 2015, 05:53 PM
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/712/21638053316_83acc74c37.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/yY5FoL)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/yY5FoL) by Carl Wood (https://www.flickr.com/photos/99367074@N04/), on Flickr

mhosea
September 23rd, 2015, 06:01 PM
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/712/21638053316_83acc74c37.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/yY5FoL)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/yY5FoL) by Carl Wood (https://www.flickr.com/photos/99367074@N04/), on Flickr

I'm really liking King Philip Requiem a lot. It's a notch brighter than Yama Budo. It's fine in the "Charlie" pen that came with it, but I also loaded it in my "junker" Parker 51.

Jon Szanto
September 23rd, 2015, 09:33 PM
They're in the house, so it doesn't matter that I wasn't the one that bought them! ;)

2 days ago, three exclusive Conway Stewart inks (made by Diamine) showed up (the big bottles/boxes in the photo): Kingsand (ochre), Tamar (blue), and Edgcumbe (purple). The small bottle pictured is a CS green that Mary Burke gave me last year at the LA Pen Show; also in the photo is a CS #58 in marbled blue.

Plus, 4 days ago a bottle of De Atramentis purple/violet (that she was after) showed up. I took stock, and for the first time, the number of bottles in the house equaled my age. Yikes.

http://i.imgur.com/0FD9fdr.jpg

Laura N
September 28th, 2015, 01:25 PM
Samples of the last four (for me) Diamine Shimmertastic inks just arrived today. I'll write something about each for my blog over the next few days, starting tomorrow, but here is a quick preview.

That is a swab of Blue Pearl, a medium blue ink with silver particles. I think it's an absolute knockout.

migo984
September 28th, 2015, 02:09 PM
Samples of the last four (for me) Diamine Shimmertastic inks just arrived today. I'll write something about each for my blog over the next few days, starting tomorrow, but here is a quick preview.

Why not post your review here on FPG?

Chrissy
September 28th, 2015, 03:44 PM

That is a swab of Blue Pearl, a medium blue ink with silver particles. I think it's an absolute knockout.

Excellent. I will look forward to reading them. :)

Chrissy
September 28th, 2015, 03:48 PM
They're in the house, so it doesn't matter that I wasn't the one that bought them! ;)

2 days ago, three exclusive Conway Stewart inks (made by Diamine) showed up (the big bottles/boxes in the photo): Kingsand (ochre), Tamar (blue), and Edgcumbe (purple). The small bottle pictured is a CS green that Mary Burke gave me last year at the LA Pen Show; also in the photo is a CS #58 in marbled blue.

Plus, 4 days ago a bottle of De Atramentis purple/violet (that she was after) showed up. I took stock, and for the first time, the number of bottles in the house equaled my age. Yikes.

Please can we see writing samples when you ink up your pens. I've never seen these colours before.

I absolutely refuse to be drawn into making any ageist jokes. :)

migo984
September 28th, 2015, 06:22 PM
Incoming - the new Kingdom Note 'Crustacean' set and some Sweet Potato Purple. I'll be on tenterhooks until they arrive safely!

caribbean_skye
September 28th, 2015, 06:31 PM
Akkerman Mauritshuis Magenta
BungBox Sapphire, Ink of the Witch and Clown of Tears
Callifolio Grenat, Itzamma, Andripole
De Atramentis Pearl Violet and Danta Alighieri
Diamine Steel Blue
Kwz Menthol Green
Mont Blanc Corn Poppy Red and Pink Ink
Noodlers Bankers Tan and King Philip Requiem
Pelikan Amethyst
Pilot Iroshizuku Yama Budo
Sheaffer Melon Red

earthdawn
September 28th, 2015, 07:27 PM
Diamine Steel Blue
Kwz Menthol Green
Pelikan Amethyst
Sheaffer Melon Red

Your making me feel so much more sane lol

WOW you have been on the prowl for ink eh'

Nice choices too :thumb:

caribbean_skye
September 28th, 2015, 07:36 PM
Diamine Steel Blue
Kwz Menthol Green
Pelikan Amethyst
Sheaffer Melon Red

Your making me feel so much more sane lol

WOW you have been on the prowl for ink eh'

Nice choices too :thumb:

hehe i am up to 50 ink bottle purchases for the year. Prowl is definately a good word for it. I have beem feeling like one of those end of times ink preppers. lol

bluesea
September 29th, 2015, 07:56 PM
Finally picked up my own bottle of Kon-peki. Happy days!!!

sgtstretch
October 1st, 2015, 07:06 AM
My Bung Box inks arrived today. Sapphire and Tangerine. Already have the Sapphire inked up in my TWSBI Vac-700 broad.

Dronak
October 1st, 2015, 09:39 AM
I guess it's not *that* recent at this point, but I just saw this thread. In the past few months, I've bought three sets of ink samples from Goulet Pens: best selling blues, dark blues, and turquoises. I'm slowly working my way through them, and trying to figure out what I like best and what works best for me.

migo984
October 5th, 2015, 02:59 AM
Hey crazyorange. Guess what?! My pressie for you arrived this morning :)

I'll post it off to you this week :cheers:

dannzeman
October 5th, 2015, 04:26 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/05/82cd62a24551c3bbe20904c57450aa9f.jpg

I received this bundle from Vanness Pens the other day. I got the last two tall bottles of Bung Box which happened to be Armor Black and a couple handful of samples of KWZ and Callifolio.

migo984
October 5th, 2015, 06:31 AM
I received this bundle from Vanness Pens the other day. I got the last two tall bottles of Bung Box which happened to be Armor Black and a couple handful of samples of KWZ and Callifolio.

Pacifique and Violet are very nice inks. Not saturated but they have nice shading. KWZI Brown-Pink was a bit naughty in my pen, but it's a very interesting colour. Enjoy.

migo984
October 5th, 2015, 06:48 AM
A bunch of crustaceans arrived today. I know these won't be everyone's cup of tea (the colours are muted and restrained, like the previous KN Fungi series), but I like them - well 4 of the 5 I like a lot, the 5th is OK. I'm bored by bright and sassy inks at the moment; it must be my autumnal mood :)

Sorry for the awful photo.....

Crazyorange
October 5th, 2015, 07:59 AM
Hey crazyorange. Guess what?! My pressie for you arrived this morning :)

I'll post it off to you this week :cheers:

Thank you so much. I owe you big time.

Laura N
October 5th, 2015, 08:00 AM
Nice ink, Dan. But great googly moogly, what is that Omas?!

Chrissy
October 5th, 2015, 10:34 AM

I would like to know the answer to that question too. It looks very interesting indeed!!

dannzeman
October 5th, 2015, 10:34 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/05/0f7d66578b3e2266534de78cb765889d.jpg

Started sampling some of those KWZ and Callifolio inks. There's some very nice colors in there!

dannzeman
October 5th, 2015, 10:35 AM

I would like to know the answer to that question too. It looks very interesting indeed!!

That's a Tibaldi Impero. Soon to be sent to ChrisC.

Chrissy
October 5th, 2015, 10:37 AM
I rather like that Callifolio Pacifique :thumb:

migo984
October 5th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Started sampling some of those KWZ and Callifolio inks. There's some very nice colors in there!

Next time you get some Callifolio samples I recommend some of their gold/brown/sepia/ochre inks. They are really unusual, especially Anahuac, Yalumba and Inti.

inklord
October 5th, 2015, 10:58 AM
5 Franklin-Christoph inks:
Dark Chocolate
Terra Firma
Loden
Tenebris Purpuratum
Black Cherry
Great inks all!

migo984
October 5th, 2015, 11:05 AM
Dark Chocolate
Terra Firma
Loden
Tenebris Purpuratum
Black Cherry
Great inks all!

I agree. I recently bought all of those except Terra Firma. I especially enjoy the Loden and Tenebris Purpuratum. I could drink the Dark Chocolate :-)

Chrissy
October 5th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Dark Chocolate
Terra Firma
Loden
Tenebris Purpuratum
Black Cherry
Great inks all!

I looked up Tenebris purpuratum and got this (http://www.gorgeous.ink/blog/2015/10/1/ink-review-tenebris-purpuratum-by-franklin-christoph)

migo984
October 5th, 2015, 12:11 PM
Dark Chocolate
Terra Firma
Loden
Tenebris Purpuratum
Black Cherry
Great inks all!

Here are the four I bought:

carlos.q
October 5th, 2015, 01:12 PM
That Tenebris Purpuratum looks nice! Is anyone of you going to review this ink? :rolleyes:

Chrissy
October 5th, 2015, 03:27 PM
That Tenebris Purpuratum looks nice! Is anyone of you going to review this ink? :rolleyes:

I will if I ever get some. :)

bluesea
October 6th, 2015, 06:36 PM
I have Montblanc Mystery Black on order, arriving probably at the end of the week. Hope to be able to alternate Mystery B with Edelstein Tanzanite, the latter of which I'm very happy with.

I love Tanzanite because it looks like the our deep translucent blue ocean in a *heavy* squall, where you can't even see the boat that was 70m away a minute ago, and everything look like black and white TV.

Sketchy
October 7th, 2015, 04:01 PM
At the SF Pen Show I bought one of the Franklin-Christoph Model 20 "Coke Bottle" fountain pens. Scott asked if I would like it inked, I selected Midnight Emerald. A couple of weeks ago, as my pen was running low on its fill, I found that I had to have THAT ink. It is a lovely, dark, dark green, dark enough to look not out of place on documents but still be green. So, that and Noir et Bleu are now on my ink shelf and in my two F-C pens.

Sandy Fry
October 8th, 2015, 04:56 AM
Chesterfield Erinite, Antique Copper and Night Sapphire 100ml bottles.

David

Chrissy
October 8th, 2015, 06:02 AM
After finding a bottle of the now legendary Omas Amerigo Vespucci ink, I like it very much but wasn't overwhelmed as I expected to be.

stub
October 8th, 2015, 06:44 AM
Since Diamine Blue Velvet was such a winner for me. I just got 2 more of the Anniversary inks. The Regency Blue and the Blue-Black. Kind of spendy here but I really loved the color of the Blue Velvet. I was also tempted by the Terra-cotta but they also have those flip top L!fe B5 pads I love so much so I just kept it to the 2 inks and a B5 pad.

But ... they had a tester pen inked up with one of those Pilot soft nibs and and now I just have to have one of those. Goodness.

dannzeman
October 9th, 2015, 05:03 PM
I was fortunate enough to be gifted a sample of Diamine Blue Pearl:

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/09/539d6ea21bd5b1491d430e70790c1369.jpg

You can view the full hi-res version on Flickr: https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5621/21872315588_38d8cd3b46_o.jpg

Hawk
October 9th, 2015, 06:15 PM
I'm not really an ink guy. However, my wife and I like the Pelican Amethyst ink. For our anniversary she bought a bottle for each of us. Nice...

Chrissy
October 9th, 2015, 06:16 PM

Thanks for the picture. I think you made it look really impressive. Maybe I should try it with a broader nib?

dannzeman
October 9th, 2015, 06:17 PM

Thanks for the picture. I think you made it look really impressive. Maybe I should try it with a broader nib?

I write this with a Pelikan M1000 medium cursive italic that's quite wet.

Lady Onogaro
October 9th, 2015, 10:03 PM

I really liked that ink, too. I tested it at the Dallas pen show. It's a rich, dark purple. I would like to see a review of it, too.

Chrissy
October 10th, 2015, 03:24 AM

I really liked that ink, too. I tested it at the Dallas pen show. It's a rich, dark purple. I would like to see a review of it, too.

It's a US company, and so far I haven't managed to find any stockists in the UK so I don't have a sample yet. I'm trying though. :)

migo984
October 10th, 2015, 05:30 AM

I don't do ink reviews but here some swatches of a few of my purple inks, that fall into the same range as Tenebris Purpuratum. Purple is notoriously difficult to photograph and is affected most by monitor settings etc; the closest IRL are Cult Pens Deep Dark Purple, Kaweco Aubergine, De Atramentis Aubergine/Puccini and Montblanc Lavender Purple (manufactured post April 2014), in that order. But a number of the others are fairly close and in actual use differences would be hard to distinguish unless directly viewed side-by-side.

akapulko2020
October 11th, 2015, 07:10 AM
My first iron gall ink, bought half by mistake - I was buying two Nemosine pens from Xfountainpens and spotted the Chesterfield archival ink, so decided to buy it for my husband who was looking for a waterproof ink at some point.
Love the blue it writes and the almost dark it dries in. But, should I be worried about the pen? I've filled a Pilot Kakuno with it, admittedly not an expensive pen but none of mine are 😂21647

butyougotmysoul
October 13th, 2015, 08:40 PM
Today in the mail I got De Atramentis Apple Blossom (scented) and J. Herbin Lie de Thé. Both gorgeous! Then at the Dallas Pen Show I picked up some Akkerman Zuiderpark Blauw-Groen and Noodler's Operation Overlord Orange.

Tracy Lee
October 14th, 2015, 05:22 AM
F-C Midnight Emerald. F-C inks have improved a lot from earlier batches. Also, tired of waiting for the Diamine Shimmertastic inks to get to the US so I ordered all 10 bottles from Cult Pens. They are en route. [emoji12]

bluesea
October 14th, 2015, 09:19 AM
F-C Midnight Emerald. F-C inks have improved a lot from earlier batches. Also, tired of waiting for the Diamine Shimmertastic inks to get to the US so I ordered all 10 bottles from Cult Pens. They are en route. [emoji12]

Nice (the Midnight Emerald). It looks to be similar to the Montblanc Twilight Blue I received yesterday.

:thumb: on you Cult Pens order.

Avalona
October 19th, 2015, 10:02 AM
It'll be here in about three days, but a bottle of Noodler's 54th Massachusetts (I wanted an actually-blue blue-black, because all of mine are greenish-blue black) and Rohrer and Klingner's Salix. Not the most intriguing sort of colours, but they'll get lots of use.

Lady Onogaro
October 19th, 2015, 06:56 PM
Just got a bottle of Tenebris Purpuratum. I got a sample in Dallas when I bought the Model 66, and found I had to have a bottle of it.

JackdeSpadas
October 19th, 2015, 08:19 PM
I got a mystery bottle. I ordered PR Midnight Blues, based on a sample that I really liked. But what I got seems much more like PR's American Blue, so I am thinking it was mislabeled by PR. It's nice enough, and people who like true blues would love it. But I was shooting for a blue-black, and it's no blue-black. :( Working with the vendor to resolve.

fountainpagan
October 20th, 2015, 09:20 AM
A friend bought me some vietnamese ink in Hanoi.

I have found 2 vintage Watermans in a garage sale

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/872627DSCF3074.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=872627DSCF3074.jpg)

FredRydr
October 21st, 2015, 03:33 AM
...what inks have you acquired lately?
I'm trying to keep an equilibrium between consumption and acquisition. That is, no new ink until I rinse an empty bottle! :ballchain:

Fred

caribbean_skye
October 21st, 2015, 05:19 AM
...what inks have you acquired lately?
I'm trying to keep an equilibrium between consumption and acquisition. That is, no new ink until I rinse an empty bottle! :ballchain:

Fred

I may not buy any new ink for years if i did that. Wish you well with this.

FredRydr
October 21st, 2015, 06:15 AM
I may not buy any new ink for years if i did that. Wish you well with this.
I could sell or give some away to justify new ink, but I've done a pretty good job of culling lately. I counted what I have left: 62 bottles (including a dozen duplicates of favorites) plus cartridges.

Fred

migo984
October 21st, 2015, 08:13 AM
Three Seitz-Kreuznach Colors of Nature ink: Navy Blue, Arctic Blue and Palm Green.

I'm loving the Navy Blue. Knocks spots off the Montblanc JFK navy blue ink, and is about a fifth of the price.

fountainpagan
October 21st, 2015, 01:23 PM
I find the Colors of the Nature to be excellent inks, and for a small price. Surprising!

Armstrong
October 21st, 2015, 06:40 PM
Noodler's Polar Brown. I am a fan of their 'bullet proof' inks and very saturated inks. The Polar Brown is a nice, medium to darker shade of brown. It will shade from the color of this text (on my monitor) to a very dark brown if the line is particularly wet. Seems to flow well but is not a heavily wet ink. I am using it in TWSBI 580 with a Pendleton Brown nib. So it has to flow well to keep up with the wider nib. Seems to do fine. The Polar inks are considered bullet proof, eternal and lubricated. It is designed to not freeze solid when exposed to very cold temperatures though it will probably form a slush. This is so the ink won't expand and burst a bottle or pen. I find writing with it a pleasant experience and it does feel 'smoother' when writing with it. The lubrication is supposed to help with piston mechanisms in fountain pens. I have no trouble with sticking pistons since I lube my pistons with silicon grease. I love piston fountain pens because of the absolute control over ink flow it gives. They can also be 'safed' for carry by turning the nib up and push air out of the pen with the piston. It is advisable to have a paper towel handy when you do this.

Polar inks are also supposed to penetrate glossy or clay infused papers better. I use 24lb, HP 98% white, Laser Jet paper a lot because it behaves well with fountain pens and costs a lot less than specialty papers like Rhodia. I usually can write on both sides unless I am using a very wet nib. It is a coated paper and this ink does penetrate it immediately. The coating does seems to make the nib drag a bit with most inks. The lubricated Polar Brown is just a tad smoother on this paper with less drag, so maybe the lubrication helps with that. Overall, I find it a very pleasant experience writing with Polar Brown.

Here are a couple of links on the Polar inks.
Noodler's Polar Brown (http://noodlersink.com/whats-new/polar-brown/)

Noodler's Durable Ink Classification (http://noodlersink.com/noodlers-durable-ink-classification/)

With Noodler's inks you need to pay attention to the ink properties. They are formulated for specific purposes and reasons. So it pays to be aware of the 'back story' on the ink before purchase. Noodler's gives you a lot of information and so do blogs. Noodler's inks are heavily saturated. I have read on this forum that the bullet proof property comes from particulates in the ink. I don't know personally if that is so. I have found I can get away with two fillings in my TWSBI 580, then I need to flush the pen to keep a good flow. A small price to pay for the beauty of the saturated colors I think, and for a very durable ink. I have tested the durability myself with a variety of house hold chemicals up to and including bleach.

tandaina
October 21st, 2015, 07:00 PM
My box of inks from Diamine cleared customs and was waiting for me at the post office today!!!!!!!

I got Blue Lightning, Brandy Dazzle, and Shimmering Sands, and they threw in a *huge* sample vial of Blue/Black without me asking. I guess I should have asked for another shimmer ink as a sample eh?

They are gorgeous. I've put Blue Lightning in my Pelikan M200 demo with a 1950s OBB nib and... it's out of this world. Even without shimmer this would be beautiful ink, with shimmer it's over the top. :)

Jon Szanto
October 21st, 2015, 07:29 PM
Oh, my. Some of this is not my fault: in an event rare in the history of the universe, my wife wanted to order some inks. So we looked at what she wanted and put some orders out there. It's been spread over a couple of weeks, but new to the house:

Conway Stewart (Diamine) exclusives:

- Kingsand (ochre/brown/gold)
- Tamar (cobalt blue)
- Edgcumb (dark lavender)

De Atramentis:

- Magenta / Violet

Sailor "Jentle":

- Kiwa-Guro

Fun stuff. I also have bottles of the Shimmerabomination Blue Pearl and some vintage Parker "Super Chrome" ink on the way. YAY INK!

VertOlive
October 21st, 2015, 07:30 PM
Three Seitz-Kreuznach Colors of Nature ink: Navy Blue, Arctic Blue and Palm Green.

I'm loving the Navy Blue. Knocks spots off the Montblanc JFK navy blue ink, and is about a fifth of the price.

Would love to see a photo of the palm green!

VertOlive
October 22nd, 2015, 07:52 PM
Oh. I should have specified a photo of a writing sample...

Jon Szanto
October 22nd, 2015, 08:04 PM

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/imgs/fpn_1425849633__seitz-kreuznach_palmgreen.jpg

Armstrong
October 22nd, 2015, 08:52 PM
Beautiful color!

Newjelan
October 23rd, 2015, 01:59 AM
I've bought all of the Diamine Shimmertastic inks and they arrived at my office on Wednesday. I haven't seen them yet but plan to drop into my office on the weekend to collect them. Can't wait!

migo984
October 23rd, 2015, 02:16 AM

Ah I see Jon has posted Cyber6's Palm Green pics. If you want more writing samples I'm happy to add some.

My latest acquisitions: Tsutaya Books Leaf and Tsutaya Books Root. Plus a bottle of Noodler's Dromgoole Blue Steel, thanks to the lovely Caribbean Skye.

bluesea
October 23rd, 2015, 07:41 AM

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/imgs/fpn_1425849633__seitz-kreuznach_palmgreen.jpg

Beautiful shot--is that red coming to the surface along the edges, especially in the top right?

The Good Captain
October 24th, 2015, 03:54 AM
Noodler's #41 Brown; Bulletproof Black; El Lawrence and Bad Blue Heron. Diamine Macassar and Cult Pens/Diamine Deep Dark Orange.

carlos.q
October 24th, 2015, 06:39 AM
Todd is having an ink sale over at isellpens.com so last night I bought:

Sailor Jentle Blue
Sailor Jentle Blue-Black
Diamine Damson
Diamine Graphite
Diamine Prussian Blue

Jon Szanto
October 24th, 2015, 02:44 PM
Two inks in two days, that's fun! First is the one that showed up today, the lovely Blue Pearl, courtesy a FPG member selling inks last week. The funny thing is that I looked at the box and immediately thought of the artistry of Leigh Reyes:

http://i.imgur.com/EHU0nQx.jpg

Next up: yesterday I got a package from another FPG connection, something more for the collection than use. Honestly, I have no idea what pen I'd sacrifice for any use, other than a Hero 616 or something! In all it's corrosive and fabled glory, Parker Super Chrome in Jet Black:

http://i.imgur.com/psTFt23.jpg

I'll leave it for new readers to Google the history of this ink and the reasoning behind... not using it. But in looking at materials after I got it, I found a great ad from Life Magazine, June 16, 1947. I tried to preserve as much clarity, so the image is kinda large (opening in a new tab or window will allow you to make it larger to read the fine print). Ink history!

http://i.imgur.com/vBWXfYh.jpg

Dhruv
November 11th, 2015, 02:50 PM
Recently, very less. Although a lot is yet to come because it's on back-order.

Sailor Pen & Message Cigar.

Hakase real sepia ink on the way. :)

Lady Onogaro
November 11th, 2015, 04:03 PM
I bought an old bottle of Skrip Washable Purple last week. I haven't yet tried it.

Scooby921
November 11th, 2015, 08:36 PM
I have a bottle of Montblanc Twilight Blue and a bottle of Franklin-Christoph Tenebris Purpuratum which should arrive tomorrow. I really like the color, shading, and flow properties of the Franklin-Christoph Brown 732 I bought a few months ago. I'm excited to try the new purple.

migo984
November 11th, 2015, 11:10 PM
I have a bottle of Montblanc Twilight Blue and a bottle of Franklin-Christoph Tenebris Purpuratum which should arrive tomorrow. I really like the color, shading, and flow properties of the Franklin-Christoph Brown 732 I bought a few months ago. I'm excited to try the new purple.

I have it - it's a nice ink. I think you'll enjoy it. The FC Dark Chocolate and Loden Green are worth trying too.

VertOlive
November 15th, 2015, 03:02 PM
Waiting on two from Franklin Christoph: "Loden" and "Terra Firma".

mhosea
November 16th, 2015, 10:22 PM
Sailor Miruai. I don't think this color in the current Sailor lineup gets enough respect. Slight red sheen to keep it interesting. Sure seems to perform well! Very smooth, and even a very wet line is dry on Tomoe River in 30 seconds.

Waiting on R&K Magenta--wondering whether I can use it as a King Phillip Requiem replacement in pens that I'm not willing to use Noodler's KPR. For KPR, however, I bought a King Phillip Requiem Ahab specifically for namesake ink. The Charlie pen works well with it but is a little too boring. I can write with the "flex" nib on the Ahab or swap in a stub or something.

mgab
November 17th, 2015, 10:40 PM
I just found in a mont blanc boutique near my house a bottle of Leonardo Da'Vinci red chalk and another one of winter glow!

KKay
November 17th, 2015, 11:39 PM
Diamine "Kelly Green"
J. Herbin "Bleu Pervenche"
Iroshizuku "Fuyu-syogun"

They're the only inks I have, for the time being. I hope to get more in time. (when I can afford it)

stub
November 18th, 2015, 12:32 AM
I just found in a mont blanc boutique near my house a bottle of Leonardo Da'Vinci red chalk and another one of winter glow!

Lucky you. My kingdom for some Leonardo Da Vinci red chalk ink! That ink rules.

migo984
November 18th, 2015, 06:39 AM
A bottle of Tsutaya Original L.E. ink, made by Rohrer & Klinger, called Ivy Leaf. Beautifully packaged.

Bogon07
November 24th, 2015, 07:05 PM
The price of Noodler's has escalated locally so I made do with MB Corn Poppy Red.

VertOlive
November 24th, 2015, 09:42 PM

Lucky you. My kingdom for some Leonardo Da Vinci red chalk ink! That ink rules.

To my eye, the Franklin Christoph "Terra Firma" I just received looks very like the MB Red Chalk. Maybe someone with a finer color sense could weigh in on that but it looks the same in my Ink Log...

migo984
November 27th, 2015, 12:16 PM
A bottle each of the new Graf von Faber Castell inks - Midnight Blue and Deep Sea Green.

And these new inks. A pre-release from Kyoto.

Crazyorange
November 27th, 2015, 03:03 PM
A bottle each of the new Graf von Faber Castell inks - Midnight Blue and Deep Sea Green.

Please post samples. [emoji41]

migo984
November 30th, 2015, 05:06 AM

As requested here are some quick swatches of my new inks that arrived yesterday and today.

The Graf von Faber Castell inks are gorgeous. They have a lovely vintage feel to them, and of course the Art Deco-style bottles are stunning. Better than Iroshizuku, Caran D'Ache, Montblanc and Sailor diamond bottles.

The new Japanese inks from Kyoto are intriguing; I need to try them out in pens. The black is especially fabulous. On the face of it, it is a quite intense flat black but it dries with an amazing copper sheen. I took a picture of it juxtapositioned next to Waterman Intense Black, which is a flatter, more one-dimensional colour and you can see the difference the copper sheen makes. This one is already in a pen and it exhibits the same behaviour when writing with it. Very nice indeed.

Crazyorange
November 30th, 2015, 02:57 PM

As requested here are some quick swatches of my new inks that arrived yesterday and today.

The Graf von Faber Castell inks are gorgeous. They have a lovely vintage feel to them, and of course the Art Deco-style bottles are stunning. Better than Iroshizuku, Caran D'Ache, Montblanc and Sailor diamond bottles.

The new Japanese inks from Kyoto are intriguing; I need to try them out in pens. The black is especially fabulous. On the face of it, it is a quite intense flat black but it dries with an amazing copper sheen. I took a picture of it juxtapositioned next to Waterman Intense Black, which is a flatter, more one-dimensional colour and you can see the difference the copper sheen makes. This one is already in a pen and it exhibits the same behaviour when writing with it. Very nice indeed.

Wow...the Japanese inks are amazing. The yellow is very different. I'm not a black ink gal, but boy the Japanese black is incredible. Thanks for posting.

HoLmeslice
December 2nd, 2015, 07:05 AM
My head said no, but my heart said yes. Heart wins. Flawless victory. Mortal Kombat references aside, Massdrop had an offering for some of the Iron Gall KWZI inks...and you can probably guess what happened next. I'm really starting to think that I have an ink problem, instead of a pen problem.

Inks purchased:
KWZI Gummiberry
KWZI Gold
KWZI Blue-Black

Dhruv
December 9th, 2015, 11:22 AM

Can you please tell me where to buy these from?
I know someone in Tokyo who can source these in case they don't ship outside Japan. :)

stub
December 10th, 2015, 11:15 PM
Platinum Blue-Black. A total winner. I had a coupon for the books store. They had that and Sailor Jentle Blue Black and my impulse is always to go with Sailor but something told me to to give the Platinum a whirl as it has a small amount of iron gall content.

Yes. Probably my favorite Blue Black so far other than MB JFK (I just love that color).

Better than both the Diamine Blue Blacks I tried recently, the Sheaffer Blue-Black and better color than the Noodler's FPN Starry night (which is one of those inks that just looks black unless you put it next to a black ink, though it had great flow and lubrication).

Platinum is one of the few Blue Blacks that is not just charcoal with a touch of blue but is genuinely a lot of blue in it. It goes on straight up bright blue but dries to a darker dustier blue and if anything might not be black enough for some. We'll see how it looks in a day or so if it oxidizes further. But it is old school Blue(then)Black and not just grey or blue. Like the ink I remember from old.

Nice flow for an Iron Gall.

Have it in a medium stub right now. Looks great on the page.

Honeymoon phase but Platinum Blue-Black is a keeper.

Dhruv
December 11th, 2015, 01:13 AM
Sailor Sankodo Ozone Blue

http://i3.minus.com/jbdcQwXbQ4lWZK.jpg
http://i3.minus.com/jjiqQ8JnjZwea.jpg

migo984
December 11th, 2015, 09:15 AM
4 bottles of Octopus ink: Burgunder, Tiefgrün, Pinie and Karibik. Plus their Rainbow Ink Mixing kit, basically a bottle each of Cyan, Yellow, Magenta and Black inks.

top pen
December 13th, 2015, 09:30 AM
Diamine Twilight. Looks like an interesting shade.

sgtstretch
December 13th, 2015, 10:09 AM
I just received a bottle of Sailor Blue Black.

Bogon07
December 17th, 2015, 02:17 PM
De Atramentis Bookworm ordered.

bluesea
January 2nd, 2016, 11:25 AM
I decided on Omas Sepia.

http://i.imgur.com/0ZpVU5I.jpg (http://imgur.com/0ZpVU5I)

Haga888
January 2nd, 2016, 12:00 PM
Sailor Sankodo Ozone Blue

http://i3.minus.com/jbdcQwXbQ4lWZK.jpg
http://i3.minus.com/jjiqQ8JnjZwea.jpg

Where does one purchase this type of ink? Thanks.

KKay
January 2nd, 2016, 01:45 PM
Diamine-Marine I got it for a gift. My daughter wanted gift ideas. So I sent her a "little list". She must have forwarded the email to my friend. My friend bought this ink, and a Webbie, and a couple of Apica Premium C.D. Notebooks. I am blessed. :)

fqgouvea
January 2nd, 2016, 02:18 PM
I got two bottles of bulletproof Noodlers for Christmas because my sons heard me complaining of not having an ink I could use on envelopes. My wife got a big bottle of her favorite, Diamine Steel Blue.

Fernando Gouvêa -- fqgouvea@roadrunner.com

MarineDad
January 2nd, 2016, 02:28 PM
Diamine Oxblood and Noodler's Black.

ppmiranda
January 2nd, 2016, 02:34 PM
Edelstein amethyst.