PDA

View Full Version : Ink Review: Diamine Amazing Amethyst

Chrissy
February 11th, 2015, 08:07 AM
I'm currently reviewing some of my favourite Diamine inks. This one is Diamine Amazing Amethyst.

Water test on the review form shows this isn't a waterproof ink, but it's more water resistant than some

Bearing in mind the paper I use is very smooth, this ink takes longer to dry than some others.

It flows very well and lubricates the nib very well. No start-up problems noticed.

It is currently available in 30ml plastic bottles and 80ml glass bottles.

It's reasonably priced

Diamine (http://www.diamineinks.co.uk/) sell it directly to end-users on their web-site.

Laura N
February 11th, 2015, 08:21 AM
This is a great, underrated ink. I don't use purple ink much these days, but this is such a nice one.

Chrissy
February 11th, 2015, 08:27 AM
This is a great, underrated ink. I don't use purple ink much these days, but this is such a nice one.

You're right. It's subtle and understated rather than a bright purple, eye popping off the page

Laura N
February 11th, 2015, 09:31 AM
It reminds me of Poussière de Lune, but more blue. They are similar in shading and feel.

sgtstretch
February 11th, 2015, 09:39 AM
It reminds me of Poussière de Lune, but more blue. They are similar in shading and feel.

That's what I was thinking too!

Chrissy
February 11th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Absolutely it does. I wish I had put that on as a comparison, but I knew it was a different color. I will ensure I add PDL as a comparison when I review D.Damson

Lady Onogaro
February 11th, 2015, 12:34 PM
Do you have Sailor Shigure, Chrissy? I would be interested in seeing a comparison of it to that ink.

migo984
February 11th, 2015, 12:48 PM
I have both. If Chrissy doesn't have Shigure I'll do a comparison tomorrow.

Chrissy
February 11th, 2015, 03:11 PM
Do you have Sailor Shigure, Chrissy? I would be interested in seeing a comparison of it to that ink.

Sadly I don't have Sailor Shigure.

Chrissy
February 11th, 2015, 03:11 PM
I have both. If Chrissy doesn't have Shigure I'll do a comparison tomorrow.

Yes please migo, if you don't mind

klpeabody
February 11th, 2015, 04:12 PM

I would be very interested to see this comparison also. =)

reprieve
February 11th, 2015, 05:33 PM
Amazing Amethyst is a very pretty purple. Bright and colorful yet still easy on the eyes. I love Shigure, too, but it's much darker--it can appear almost black in a wet nib, which is nice for use in the workplace or in more formal settings.

The Good Captain
February 12th, 2015, 02:29 AM
I like this ink but don't use it nearly as often as I should. At the moment, I've got Akkerman's Voorhout Violet in my sort-of purple pen so AA will be in it next time. Nice review.

Chrissy
February 13th, 2015, 07:43 AM
I have tested PDL on my Damson review. It is very much more red. At least my version is. I don't know whether I have the new version or the old version.

Newjelan
February 14th, 2015, 05:42 PM
How did I miss this ink? It's stunning and I would use it for work. I have heaps of ink, including about 25 bottles of Diamine but somehow I missed this and I love a good dusty purple.

Laura N
February 14th, 2015, 06:32 PM
I have tested PDL on my Damson review. It is very much more red. At least my version is. I don't know whether I have the new version or the old version.

I have the old version of PdL and I agree. But they give me a similar feeling, as Newjelan says, of a dusky purple. One being more red and the other leaning blue, as you say.

mustud52
February 23rd, 2015, 04:49 AM
I have looked at this thread a number of times and I think I will have to get a bottle of Diamine AA.

As it turns out, I live quite close to the distributor of Diamine inks down here and...yes, I think he likes me more every time he sees me.

akapulko2020
February 23rd, 2015, 11:38 AM
What a gorgeous color! I've added it on a whim to the order I plan to make from Cult Pens (20% discount for Pen Addict's blog made me do it [emoji12] ) and really liked what I saw in your review. Thanks!