PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Engeika

jonro
February 12th, 2015, 08:05 AM
Has anyone else had problems getting refunds from engeika.com? I've been waiting close to three months for a refund for a pen I ordered that they did not have or could not get. When I write to them, I get excuses like they were closed for the New Year or an apology that it's taking so long. Are they going out of business? It has been very frustrating trying to deal with them.

klpeabody
February 12th, 2015, 08:21 AM
Was the purchase made through eBay, or through engeika's website?

Was payment made through PayPal?

It's my understanding that if you purchased either on eBay or used PayPal, or both, you can contact eBay and PayPal and report the problem. They can help you follow up on the issue to get it resolved. I do not have personal experience using these means, as I have not needed to as of yet, however I'm sure there are other members who can chime in with more specifics.

Sorry to hear that you are having such difficulty getting that refund. Must be very frustrating, indeed.

Laura N
February 12th, 2015, 10:04 AM
I would contact Paypal and/or your credit card company, as appropriate, to make a claim of "item not received." Do so immediately. Don't let any more time lapse because you only have a limited amount of time to make such a claim.

tandaina
February 12th, 2015, 10:37 AM
I have never had an issue with Engeika. But you've waited long enough. Contact paypal or your CC company and lodge a complaint, it will likely be taken care of quickly.

mmahany
February 12th, 2015, 11:20 AM
Contact Paypal and immediately file a claim. From memory, you have 90 days from paying to initiate a claim. After that time period, the chances of Paypal helping you with the refund are slim to none.

As far as speaking to your credit card company, that's more of a myth than anything. Credit card companies usually consider "Fraud" and "Billing Disputes" to be completely different. Some card companies do assist with these kinds of issues, but it's more of a "perk" than an "obligation" for them.

Fraud is generally defined as a situation where you DID NOT authorize a transaction.
Billing Disputes are generally defined as receiving something different from what you paid for.

While a credit card company MAY refund your money for a billing dispute, they're generally doing it on a relationship basis.
In the end, a credit card company can control how secure your card is. However, they cannot control who their customers do/don't do business with.

tandaina
February 12th, 2015, 12:39 PM
Depends on your credit card company. I have in fact called mine for "failure to deliver." When a major CC leans on someone, things happen fast. I had my money back within hours of filing a complaint with my credit card company. Obviously service varies, but with mine they were extremely helpful.