PDA

View Full Version : Not sure the paper I want exists

Wrathen
February 13th, 2015, 09:59 AM
In a perfect world here is what I would want a pad of line paper (fountain pen friendly of coarse) that is 5mm or 6mm line spacing, in A4 or 8.5"x11" size, that is inexpensive.

So I know I wont find that but I'm willing to drop a few of those wants.

The 5mm or 6mm thing is fairly important to me though I would be willing to go to 7mm spacing.
I would prefer it be in a pad form but I would be willing to accept a notebook style as long as its perforated so I can tear out pages cleanly
It has to be ether A4 or 8.5x11 size or something very close. I might also accept a bit larger
I would be willing to allow show-through and only write on one side as long as it doesnt bleed through
... and well I'm willing to throw price out the window if I have to as long as it doesnt go sky high.

I'm currently using A4 Rhodia dotPad (no 18) and they are great but I find for letter form writing I cant write on each line of dots so I have to skip one and then that is too much spacing, its also on the pricer side for just random writing that I'm not going to keep. I tried the Tops 20490 v2 I saw someone recommend and while it was ok for my drier writing TWSBI 580 it doesnt work for most of my other pens since I like wetter pens.

I hope someone can be my hero and point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,
-Wrathen

Sailor Kenshin
February 13th, 2015, 10:31 AM
I do hear you can create your own dots/lines on a printer using either Word or an online template. Rhodia comes blank; HP 32-lb laser paper is very heavy and FP-capable.

Of course it won't be in pad form. Test on cheap paper first.

migo984
February 13th, 2015, 11:49 AM
Hole punched or not?

Clairefontaine Triomphe A4 writing pad? Lined. 50 sheets. 90gsm white vellum. No holes

Oxford Campus A4 notebook. 140 pages. Hole punched. 90gsm

DaveBj
February 13th, 2015, 11:57 AM
If you can't find what you want, then here is an alternative. First, find blank paper in the size, weight, and inkproofness ( :-P) that you like. Second, find paper that has the line spacing and margin (or lack of margin) that you want. Then copy the lines you like onto the paper you like.

I like ink-proof paper, so that I can write on both sides, in 8.5x11 or A4, with college-ruled lines and no margins (I dislike the wide left margin on most pads). I found a legal pad at OfficeMax with the lines that I like, and my printer has no problems copying those lines onto any paper I feed into it, including the thin Tomoe River. You can also find a wide variety of printable lines here:

http://www.printablepaper.net/category/lined

Wrathen
February 13th, 2015, 12:06 PM
Hole punched or not?

Clairefontaine Triomphe A4 writing pad? Lined. 50 sheets. 90gsm white vellum. No holes

Oxford Campus A4 notebook. 140 pages. Hole punched. 90gsm

I have looked at the Triomphe and they are a maybe but are 8mm line spacing which I find a bit larger than I want. I havent heard of the Oxford Campus I'll have to look them up thanks for the possible option.

TMac
February 13th, 2015, 05:23 PM
Buy some HP 28 or 32 lb paper. Print the lines you want, then bind your own pads. Watch You Tube and it is quite easy. I thought I could never do it but now create my own pads with 28 lb paper and my pens/inks love it.

caribbean_skye
February 13th, 2015, 06:42 PM
http://www.printablepaper.net/category/lined

Same website, but I prefer the graph ones for variety of line widths. I just print it out and place it underneath the blank paper I am writing on.

TarBlue
February 16th, 2015, 04:33 PM
What a great idea

writingrav
February 16th, 2015, 04:53 PM
I believe the Rhodia "R" A4 lined pad would meet all of your requirements.