PDA

View Full Version : Wancher pens?

akapulko2020
February 13th, 2015, 10:05 AM
I've stumbled upon a very pretty one sold by Engeika in ebay, but I haven't ever heard about this brand and the price is more that I want to pay just to try it.
Has anyone here any experience with this brand? Thanks [emoji5]

alc3261
February 13th, 2015, 10:38 AM
Pen very nice, nib dreadful (especially the titanium nib).

TMac
February 13th, 2015, 11:23 AM
I have a couple and like them. You can usually pick these up pretty inexpensive. He will offer some at a low price once in a while. Nibs are nothing to write home about but are serviceable. They remind me of Levenger True Writers.

Flounder
February 13th, 2015, 11:55 AM
Ive a Wancher 807, the Lamy 2000 look alike. Very nice finish, nail nib, shoddy construction. Wastacash, but satisfied my curiosity.

akapulko2020
February 13th, 2015, 01:15 PM
Gotcha. Thanks all :-)

john
February 13th, 2015, 02:51 PM
I'd bought one Wancher from Engeika two years ago, which is a huge pen. The nib is scratchy and dry. I grind the nib into stub and enlarge the ink channel, now it writes very well.

KBeezie
February 20th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Pen very nice, nib dreadful (especially the titanium nib).

Not too accurate because some of the Wanchers are just rebranded chinese pen, sometimes they're re-branded Sailor/Pilot/Platinum pens. So helps to be specific to which one you're talking about as not only can the pen vary greatly so can the nibs as they're just re-brands.

Example: This one is actually a Platinum PTL-5000 with a 14k Extra-Fine. It's the same pen, but with the added paint job and urushi layer and called a Wancher Limited LTD brand (yet arrives with the full Platinum packaging).

http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/wancher_makie/tsutsuji.jpg

And I noticed the Christmas Tree one that keeps popping up every so often is one of the Kaigelu (Chinese) pens.