PDA

View Full Version : Fountain pen share chain PIF

pica pica
February 16th, 2015, 04:35 AM
Hi, I love giving and receiving pens and I guess many others do as well. The idea behind this pif is to send a pen to another pen-loving person just to share and for fun without expectations or regret. The person who receives the pen is expected to send another (or the same) pen to the next randomly selected person, and so on.

Simple guidance

* Pen can be used, old or new, but always in good working condition.
* Person who receives the pen should be ready to send one anywhere in the world.
* No blame or regret if the chain is broken or if the pen does not meet the expectations one may have.
* No negative comments on the pen received or its sender.
* If the chain is broken anyone can restart it; but please let me know by PM if someone didn't receive one.
* I think it's much nicer to receive a pen one somehow liked rather than a poor writer someone wanted to get rid of.

The first pen is a light green piston filler (unbranded). It's a lovely writer in really good condition with a F/M steel nib. I will include everything I know about it in the letter when sending the parcel.

Is anyone interested? I'll send the pen to a randomly selected person on Thursday. The deadline is Thursday 19 Feb at 0600 GMT.

TerraNoir
February 16th, 2015, 06:25 AM
This sounds like really awesome PIF. If more people participate, I would be more than happy to join in.

ejaycock
February 16th, 2015, 07:01 AM
I'll join in. I have a few that I have acquired that are pretty cool and would love to share.

DMurphy
February 16th, 2015, 03:19 PM
I would like to join this thread!

sparkinflint
February 16th, 2015, 07:00 PM
Is this like a pass it on? Do you pass on the pen that you received or do you send another pen and keep the pen you were sent?

TerraNoir
February 16th, 2015, 08:13 PM
Is this like a pass it on? Do you pass on the pen that you received or do you send another pen and keep the pen you were sent?

It's up to you if you want to keep the pen or send one that you might want to share.

butchhe
February 16th, 2015, 08:17 PM

If I'm understanding correctly, you pass a pen forward...could be either the pen you received or another pen. If that's correct, I'd like to join in.

pica pica
February 16th, 2015, 11:50 PM
Yes, like TerraNoir and butchhe said, you can either keep the pen and send another one or pass the same pen forward.

And thank you all for joining!

Holsworth
February 17th, 2015, 07:28 AM
What a wonderful idea, I'd love to join in.

sparkinflint
February 17th, 2015, 02:29 PM
well then i would love to join in aswell :)

Curtisvan
February 17th, 2015, 02:58 PM
I'd like to be included. How does it work? The addresses and all.

phonelady61
February 18th, 2015, 09:04 AM
I would like to join as well thanks this sounds like fun

top pen
February 18th, 2015, 09:11 AM
I've got a few pens and a few other related pieces I was planning on offering in a few weeks so I would be up for it too.

mtnbiker62
February 18th, 2015, 04:02 PM
I have several that I was going to give away, so count me in as well.

ejaycock
February 27th, 2015, 12:54 PM
Bump:)

pica pica
February 28th, 2015, 01:07 AM
Hi, I'm terribly sorry for delay. I had a sort of bad time. Anyway, according to my randomise.org crystal ball the pen goes to ejaycock.

List Randomizer

There were 10 items in your list. Here they are in random order:
(the list now includes updates)

pica pica --- n/a --- sent
ejaycock --- received --- sent
phonelady61 --- ? --- sent
Holsworth --- ? --- sent
butchhe --- received --- sent
TerraNoir --- received --- sent
Curtisvan --- received --- ?
DMurphy --- ? --- sent
mtnbiker62 --- lost? --- sent
sparkinflint --- received --- sent
top pen --- received --- sent
southpaw52 --- ? --- ?

Timestamp: 2015-02-28 08:03:07 UTC

Thank you all for participating!

ejaycock
February 28th, 2015, 08:02 AM
Thank you, hope all is well and going better. Phonelady61 do you want to send me your contact details and I will send something along to you?

pica pica
February 28th, 2015, 10:13 AM
Thanks ejaycock! I hope you will enjoy the pen.

Ejaycock asked me if the next person should be the one from the list. I think it's alright, although I was rather thinking that the person who receives a pen opens a new pif and sends a pen to another randomly picked person. But for now, we can follow the order of people on the list above and see how it goes.

sparkinflint
February 28th, 2015, 10:39 AM
so i suppose i will be sending to top pen?
Should i wait until mtnbiker sends his pen or am i able to send it right off the bat?

pica pica
February 28th, 2015, 11:48 AM
I'd say it's better to wait until you receive the pen. It's getting messy, isn't it.

top pen
February 28th, 2015, 11:58 AM
I'd say it's better to wait until you receive the pen. It's getting messy, isn't it.

What will happen when it comes around to my turn as I am the last person?

pica pica
February 28th, 2015, 01:25 PM
You could either start a new list or send a pen to me to close the circle.

ejaycock
February 28th, 2015, 08:45 PM
I can just open another and keep it simple if that is easier? lol sorry

sparkinflint
March 1st, 2015, 12:16 AM
lets stop making this difficult and just finish the current chain...

ejaycock
March 1st, 2015, 07:52 AM
Sounds good to me lol

sparkinflint
March 12th, 2015, 02:03 PM
how is the chain going?

TerraNoir
March 12th, 2015, 07:30 PM
Not totally sure...I don't recall addresses being collected or anything like that. Do you?

mtnbiker62
March 12th, 2015, 08:53 PM
I just assumed that DMurphy would PM me when he was ready, and I would send him my address. I would do the same to the next person.

sparkinflint
March 12th, 2015, 09:43 PM
eh alright.
Would be cool if we knew what was happening

butchhe
March 13th, 2015, 04:18 AM
There were 10 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

ejaycock
phonelady61
Holsworth
butchhe
TerraNoir
Curtisvan
DMurphy
mtnbiker62
sparkinflint
top pen

ejaycock, have received anything yet? Just trying to figure out where we are at with this.

mtnbiker62
March 13th, 2015, 06:36 AM
I don't suppose that we have to wait for Pica Pica to get started. I have several pens that I was planning to give away, and I could start. I'd just send mine to sparkinflint, and we could start there.

TerraNoir
March 13th, 2015, 06:45 AM
Perhaps we should PM ejaycock to see what is going on? It would be kinda funny if we just started and the chain goes into double time.

ejaycock
March 13th, 2015, 01:19 PM
Hey, I haven't received mine yet, by I did send mine to PhoneLady

sparkinflint
March 13th, 2015, 02:55 PM
well if you wanna send it now i'll just PM you my address.

Holsworth
March 14th, 2015, 05:28 AM
I've had a message saying mine has been posted, and I'll put the one I'm sending in the post on Monday.

TerraNoir
March 14th, 2015, 12:25 PM
I guess I shall hold tight for mine then.

TerraNoir
March 26th, 2015, 06:28 AM
I posted mine off, so I don't know if others have sent theirs off yet anyways. I wonder if the chain has been completed.

pica pica
March 26th, 2015, 10:55 AM
I posted mine off, so I don't know if others have sent theirs off yet anyways. I wonder if the chain has been completed.

Hi TN, I don't really know who received a pen and who did not. I'd say it's always better to wait for one before sending your own.

butchhe
March 26th, 2015, 08:37 PM
I sent mine off, but it has not arrived yet.

pica pica
March 27th, 2015, 08:04 AM
Hi, I am trying to collate the information on the pens which were either sent or received. If something changes, please let me know and I update it.

The updates can be found in the earlier post (#16):
http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/10584-Fountain-pen-share-chain-PIF?p=117683&viewfull=1#post117683

mtnbiker62
March 27th, 2015, 08:29 AM
I have neither sent or received yet. If everyone is sending, then I will too.

sparkinflint
March 28th, 2015, 11:11 AM
wait...
how did mtnbiker send his pen w/o my address?

pica pica
March 28th, 2015, 12:19 PM
I'm terribly sorry sparkflint and mtnbiker. I made a mistake

Curtisvan
March 28th, 2015, 11:31 PM
Waiting on pen to arrive from Terra Noir then I'll pm next on the list for address

ejaycock
March 29th, 2015, 01:08 AM
I got mine and sent one to phonelady

Holsworth
March 30th, 2015, 02:26 AM
Mine went in the post to butchhe last week. I've had a message from phonelady saying one is on its way to me.

mtnbiker62
March 30th, 2015, 03:17 PM
Mine will be mailed to sparkflint tomorrow.

Curtisvan
April 2nd, 2015, 12:17 PM
I still haven't received a pen.

TerraNoir
April 2nd, 2015, 07:44 PM
I have checked with the post office and they said it should be there soon, Curtisvan. But I have yet to receive anything either.

Curtisvan
April 2nd, 2015, 08:33 PM
Aren't we supposed to send one after we receive one?

pica pica
April 3rd, 2015, 06:32 AM
Aren't we supposed to send one after we receive one?

I suggested waiting, but it seems that most people have sent their pens already. Apart from ejaycock, has anyone received one?

mtnbiker62
April 3rd, 2015, 06:42 AM
Mine has been sent, but its going to Canada, so it will probably take a week or so to get there. I've been contacted for my address by the person sending to me, also.

southpaw52
April 6th, 2015, 08:41 AM
Count me in.

Curtisvan
April 6th, 2015, 08:54 PM
Receiveda pen. D. Murphy, pm me your address so I can send one.

pica pica
April 7th, 2015, 01:43 PM
Count me in.

Hi southpaw! It's all a bit chaotic, but if you want to have a go that's great. I have just added your name to the list. Top pen will ask you for the postal address once they receives a pen from sparkflint.

The updated list of participants is in the post no 16 of this thread:

http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/10584-Fountain-pen-share-chain-PIF?p=117683&viewfull=1#post117683

Thank you Curtisvan!

pica pica
April 7th, 2015, 01:48 PM
Hi all, I'm thinking that it would be nice to give a sort of feedback. I don't mean posting what pen we received, but maybe a sample of writing using such pen. It's just a thought.

sparkinflint
April 13th, 2015, 03:22 PM
received the pen from mtnbiker, top pen pm me your address please :)

top pen
April 15th, 2015, 10:31 AM
received the pen from mtnbiker, top pen pm me your address please :)

Sent my address.

It will be a good few weeks before I can get another PIF out probably early June. I hadn't kept track of this thread so hadn't realized there were people after me so I had dumped a lot of stuff at home that I wouldn't be needing for the exam period including all my fountain pen related stuff at home which is 4 hours away. I may find a good deal on amazon I could offer as PIF but I will just have to wait and see regarding that note.

pica pica
April 15th, 2015, 03:05 PM
Hi top pen, please don't worry. Take your time, focus on exams and when ready let us know.

TerraNoir
April 18th, 2015, 05:06 PM
I have received mine and it's quite lovely. I'll post a writing sample when I get a chance to do so.

Holsworth
April 28th, 2015, 02:37 AM
I am beginning to think my pen may have been sacrificed to the postal gods. Posted begining of March and still no sign of it.

mtnbiker62
April 28th, 2015, 06:40 AM
I'm still eagerly awaiting a pen...the suspense is killing me! :P

mtnbiker62
May 9th, 2015, 11:22 PM
So I'm guessing that this PIF died an ignominious death? I sent one off, but never received one in return...bummer.

TerraNoir
May 11th, 2015, 06:14 AM
So I'm guessing that this PIF died an ignominious death? I sent one off, but never received one in return...bummer.

I could always Angel you if you like!! I can send it along with your letter! :thumb:

mtnbiker62
May 11th, 2015, 08:06 PM

I could always Angel you if you like!! I can send it along with your letter! :thumb:

No, no...don't worry about me. I have PLENTY of pens to write with! :P

sparkinflint
May 12th, 2015, 03:35 PM
top pen received my pen~

pica pica
May 13th, 2015, 04:39 AM

Hi mtnbiker, could you please send me your postal address?

Has anyone else not received a pen yet? Holsworth?

mtnbiker62
May 13th, 2015, 09:45 AM
I've been contacted, and my pen is on its way! :crazy_pilot:

Holsworth
May 14th, 2015, 12:03 AM

Hi mtnbiker, could you please send me your postal address?

Has anyone else not received a pen yet? Holsworth?

Mine was posted to me at the beginning of April, just hasn't arrived.

top pen
June 14th, 2015, 12:19 PM
Sorry about the delay. However I should be good to send something out this week and so I will get in contact with southpaw asap.

southpaw52
June 14th, 2015, 04:34 PM
PM received from top-pen for address.

top pen
June 15th, 2015, 02:49 AM
PM received from top-pen for address.

Sent. Should be with you in a week or two.

mtnbiker62
June 15th, 2015, 10:55 AM
Unfortunately, I never received a pen. No worries, though...it's not like I don't have plenty of pens already!! :crazy_pilot:

pica pica
June 15th, 2015, 01:10 PM
Mtnbiker62, I'm really sorry the pen did not reach you. Anyway, if you'd like to try another one please send me your postal address.

I think we are almost done with the pen swap. Here is the list with collated updates; let me know if I missed anything.

pica pica --- n/a --- sent
ejaycock --- received --- sent
phonelady61 --- ? --- sent
Holsworth --- ? --- sent
butchhe --- received --- sent
TerraNoir --- received --- sent
Curtisvan --- received --- ?
DMurphy --- ? --- sent
mtnbiker62 --- lost? --- sent
sparkinflint --- received --- sent
top pen --- received --- sent
southpaw52 --- ? --- ?

mtnbiker62
June 15th, 2015, 10:44 PM
Mtnbiker62, I'm really sorry the pen did not reach you. Anyway, if you'd like to try another one please send me your postal address.

No...no worries. I'm set for pens, and I'm happy to share the ones I have. Thanks for the generous offer, though!

TerraNoir
June 16th, 2015, 06:37 AM

Hey Pica Pica you can put Curtisvan as a received. My post office tends to have a bad case of the goofy sometimes.