PDA

View Full Version : Fountain Pen Day? Yep it's for real, starting THIS year!

melissa59
August 14th, 2012, 11:15 PM
In case you've not heard, there will soon be one more reason to buy a fountain pen: to celebrate Fountain Pen Day!

Fountain Pen Day will be celebrated on the First Friday in November. Hooray!
The inaugural Fountain Pen Day will land on Nov. 2, 2012.

Yes, it's a silly idea. Yes, it is a "made up" day. But it's also real and I think it has potential to be a fun day--especially if a lot of vendors pick up on it and offer great sales.:clap2:

So far, we've got Goulet Pens and Fountain Pen Revolution on board.

The reason for Fountain Pen Day? Well, I guess that depends on your reason for buying fountain pens. :-)

Personally, I'd like to see Fountain Pen Day as sort of an awareness event to ....
Show that fountain pens are still being sold new.
Show that there are places where vintage pens can be repaired.
Show that there is a market for Grandpa's "old junk" pens, so please, please, don't toss them in the trash!
Show that owning a fountain pen offers a whole new world in writing with colorful inks.
And more!!

https://www.facebook.com/FountainPenDay

KrazyIvan
August 14th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Was reading the thread on FPN and it does look like it is getting traction. :D

Bogon07
August 14th, 2012, 11:53 PM
It would be good to see an increased awareness of fountain pens, inks and stationery in general and then hopefully more shops selling them.

earthdawn
August 24th, 2012, 03:32 PM
It's the first Friday in November. This year it will be on November 2nd, 2012

Here's the info:

http://fountainpenday.com

http://www.facebook.com/FountainPenDay

http://twitter.com/FountainPenDay

Fountain Pen Day - it's World Wide !

southpaw52
August 25th, 2012, 12:58 PM
It is great idea. I think the day could be used to promote awareness of using a fountain pen to others and share the joy of using a fountain pen.

manoeuver
August 28th, 2012, 08:46 AM
every day is fountain pen day.

writingrav
August 28th, 2012, 09:03 AM
I wonder how many different pens I can use that day?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

etoyoc
August 28th, 2012, 08:05 PM
I am contrary... maybe it will get me banned from the fountain pen sites, but having a fountain pen day makes me want to use ball points and gel pens on that day. Sorry...

earthdawn
August 30th, 2012, 06:43 AM
I am contrary... maybe it will get me banned from the fountain pen sites, but having a fountain pen day makes me want to use ball points and gel pens on that day. Sorry...

Well celebrate it on:

National Ballpoint Pen Day (June 10)
A Hungarian journalist, Laszlo Biro, developed the ballpoint pen. In June 1943, Biro and his brother, a chemist, took out a patent with the European Patent Office and made the first commercial models of the Biro pens. The British government bought the rights to the patented pen so the Royal Air Force could use them. The pens wrote without a problem at high altitudes with reduced pressure, while fountain pens flooded. The ball served for two functions: it acted as a cap to keep the ink from drying and it would let ink flow out of the pen at a controlled rate. Celebrate the holiday by giving your keyboard a break and making notes with a ballpoint pen.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Its a National Holiday already after all....

etoyoc
August 30th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Well celebrate it on:

National Ballpoint Pen Day (June 10)

OK, I will be contrary on that day and use fountain pens instead. :~)

caribbean_skye
September 4th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Oooh that sounds like a good idea. Maybe I'll save up my pennies and buy a pen on that day.

Tracy Lee
September 5th, 2012, 05:50 PM
I was born on All Saints Day ( no correlation, I assure you), so now I get Fountain Pen Day the day after? Geez, like two birthdays at once, I LOVE it!! :):)

fountainpenkid
September 6th, 2012, 04:52 AM
That new website is looking great! (I think you should have a pic of a fountain pen on it though...:)

earthdawn
September 6th, 2012, 12:53 PM
That new website is looking great! (I think you should have a pic of a fountain pen on it though...:)

Thanks.

It was just put up last night so it still has some work to be done including adding in some of the pictures we have gotten permission to use.

Always looking for feedback !!!

Aaron @ Zeller Writing Company offered to redo the website and really did an excellent job.