PDA

View Full Version : Ink Review: Diamine Music Collection: Bach

Chrissy
February 16th, 2015, 03:41 PM
I have decided to review some of my favourite inks. These aren't necessarily in any particular order. I have a sample of Diamine Bach so here is my review of it. I think it's a nicely saturated ink in a shade of dark chestnut brown. It's a good one to have.

Bearing in mind the paper I use is very smooth, and the nib was a wet stub, it took 16-18 secs to dry.
It flows very well and lubricates the nib very well. No start-up problems noticed.
Water test on the review form shows this isn't a waterproof ink.
It is currently available in the gift set in 30ml glass bottles that are stable and user friendly.
It's also now available in 30ml plastic bottles as refills.
Diamine (http://www.diamineinks.co.uk/) sell it directly to end-users on their web-site.
It's a reasonable price.

Cob
February 16th, 2015, 04:00 PM
An attractive ink, thanks; I would like to have seen this one compared with Montblanc Lavender purple.

Cob

Chrissy
February 17th, 2015, 08:47 AM
An attractive ink, thanks; I would like to have seen this one compared with Montblanc Lavender purple.

Cob
Hi Cob, It's nothing like Mb Lavender Purple, so that's why I didn't do a comparison with that. Bach is a brown ink.

Did you maybe put your question on the wrong review by any chance? Handel or Amazing Amethyst might be closer to Mb Lavender Purple. I could do a comparison with one of those inks