PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my Custom 823!

lowks
February 16th, 2015, 10:41 PM
Yep it's right ! Finally broke down and got my 823 but with a fine nib and I just love the feel of the pen. Any idea where I can a broad nib unit ?16510

BMG
February 16th, 2015, 11:12 PM
Got my eye on this one, too.

Can you interchange nibs, or did you get an F when you would have preferred a B? Whatever the case may be, I hope you enjoy it!

lowks
February 16th, 2015, 11:19 PM
I was looking for a B but then they only had F

earthdawn
February 17th, 2015, 12:39 AM
Congrats ...

AWESOME aint it?!?

I was lucky that I found I broad when I was looking.

I figured if it was too broad I could have it ground BUT as it turns out the broad from Pilot is a nice medium, as far as western nib sizing goes.

But what I am really looking for is a BB from an 845 as its a 2 tone.

Engeika said he can get them for $195 lol

Potter
February 17th, 2015, 01:02 AM
Engeika said he can get them for $195 lol

Ouch!! :crazy_pilot:

lowks
February 17th, 2015, 09:14 AM
Yeah ouch indeed!

StacyBean
February 17th, 2015, 08:01 PM
Doesn't Dan discuss another model that you can swap nibs with on his video review? I believe it's another Pilot that comes with many specialty nibs. Enjoy this pen. It is absolutely one of my favorites. Flawless writer and such a beauty.

earthdawn
February 17th, 2015, 09:10 PM
Doesn't Dan discuss another model that you can swap nibs with on his video review? I believe it's another Pilot that comes with many specialty nibs. Enjoy this pen. It is absolutely one of my favorites. Flawless writer and such a beauty.

Yea the 743 uses the same #15 nib and comes in a bunch of sizes. Not the Music nib but the other 14 sizes. Its amazing all the nib variations Pilot offers.

Willieboy
February 19th, 2015, 09:58 AM
That's a beautiful pen Lowk. I'd like to get one as well, in medium. As a stop gap measure, I scratched the itch temporarily with a Pelikan Cognac.

Newjelan
February 20th, 2015, 02:48 AM
I have the 823 with a Broad nib. The Broad is very wet and more like a Visconti Broad than a Pilot Broad. I thought it was just mine but apparently it's normal for these pens.

lowks
February 21st, 2015, 09:28 PM
The Broad is very wet and more like a Visconti Broad than a Pilot Broad.. Is a Visconti broad like a Japanese broad ?

Newjelan
February 22nd, 2015, 06:01 PM
The Broad is very wet and more like a Visconti Broad than a Pilot Broad.. Is a Visconti broad like a Japanese broad ?

No. It's much broader and wetter.

Bogon07
February 23rd, 2015, 08:41 PM

No. It's much broader and wetter.

The 14K & 18K gold Visconti B nibs are very wet & broad while the 23K Palladium Dreamtouch B is even more so and will drown just about anything.

I had a bit of a shock with my 823 -F to realise just how fine it is; producing a thinner line than a Lamy EF in most cases.

lowks
February 24th, 2015, 07:41 PM
The more I use this nib the better it writes to me .... probably just going to settle for this :)