PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Lamy safari alpine white

farmdogfan
February 17th, 2015, 05:45 AM
Lamy safari alpine white in good shape, with w.germany on the end, and black clip, smooth M nib ( at least i think itīs a M nib).

80$ plus shipping .

farmdogfan
March 1st, 2015, 01:04 AM
Now 85 $.

KBeezie
March 1st, 2015, 01:26 AM
Oh look a Lamy Stormtrooper. :D

farmdogfan
March 1st, 2015, 02:45 AM
Iīm not sure what the difference is, i donīt know a lot about lamys.

jadehawk
March 1st, 2015, 07:40 AM
Lol I was thinking the same. . I just got the Pelikan M100 a.k.a stormtrooper. And love it. .

Neo
March 1st, 2015, 07:55 AM
Iīm not sure what the difference is, i donīt know a lot about lamys.

He he is referencing the Star Wars movie character. The colors of the pen is the colors of the uniform they wear.

GLWS

farmdogfan
March 1st, 2015, 08:28 AM
Right, got it.

farmdogfan
March 11th, 2015, 12:53 AM
Now 80 $.

ThirstyTurtle
March 12th, 2015, 10:11 AM
Out of curiosity, why is this more than double the price of a new Safari? Is it a special edition?

Either way, it looks SICK

Lexaf
March 12th, 2015, 10:56 AM
Out of curiosity, why is this more than double the price of a new Safari? Is it a special edition?

The current standard white Lamy Safary has a chrome clip and sells new on Amazon for us$24,23.
However , as far as I can see on the excellent pictures, this piece is probably the older model Alpine White Safari with the black clip .
And that one is considered to be a collectors item. It sells (check e-Bay) easily for us$100,- +
So, in my view there is nothing wrong with farmdogfan's asking price.
Either way, nothing sick about it! :argue:

ThirstyTurtle
March 12th, 2015, 11:18 AM

The current standard white Lamy Safary has a chrome clip and sells new on Amazon for us$24,23.
However , as far as I can see on the excellent pictures, this piece is probably the older model Alpine White Safari with the black clip .
And that one is considered to be a collectors item. It sells (check e-Bay) easily for us$100,- +
Thanks for that information. You don't like it?! I LOVE it; white with black accents is my favorite look.

ThirstyTurtle
March 12th, 2015, 11:27 AM
So how old is this pen since it says "W. Germany"?

Anyone know how the clip is colored? Will the black come off easily?

Lady Onogaro
March 12th, 2015, 11:35 AM
I have several Lamy pens with black clips that I bought used (and I use them); so far, the black has not come off the clips. But I don't ding them around or anything.

Laura N
March 12th, 2015, 11:37 AM

Ah, generation gap here. Among the younger set, "sick" is a term of approval. People my age would probably say "cool" or "sweet" or "nice." People my son's age say "sick." :)

ThirstyTurtle
March 12th, 2015, 11:51 AM

Ah, generation gap here. Among the younger set, "sick" is a term of approval. People my age would probably say "cool" or "sweet" or "nice." People my son's age say "sick." :)
Sorry about that. 27 here, like to pretend I'm a teenager, keeps me young.

tandaina
March 12th, 2015, 12:01 PM
Where as I see this and think "oooh, storm trooper Lamy!" :P

Lexaf
March 12th, 2015, 04:33 PM
We are all here to learn from each other.

Either way, it looks SICK so 'SICK' = 'COOL' ... I'm getting old. Sorry for not understanding younger age's language sometimes. For someone my age - I'm 65 - 'sick' is definitely not 'cool'.

So how old is this pen since it says "W. Germany"? Well here my age comes in handy: Lamy safary production started in 1980. Berlin Wall falls in 1989. West- & East Germany reunite in 1990.
So I should think somewhere between 1980 and 1990?

Anyone know how the clip is colored? Will the black come off easily? Here the collector in me comes in:
Although I am not a particular collector of the Lamy Safary, I do own 4. One with a chrome clip, 3 with black clips. All of them have been in use for quite some time, but I admit not heavy use. Tremendously good writers. Indestructible. The pens, and the clips, also the black ones, still look like I purchased them yesterday.
I'm not sure how the black on the clip is colored. I think it is not lacquer or paint. Could be enamel or probably a chemical process to color the steel.
:tea:

ThirstyTurtle
March 12th, 2015, 04:54 PM
We are all here to learn from each other.

so 'SICK' = 'COOL' ... I'm getting old. Sorry for not understanding younger age's language sometimes. For someone my age - I'm 65 - 'sick' is definitely not 'cool'.

So how old is this pen since it says "W. Germany"? Well here my age comes in handy: Lamy safary production started in 1980. Berlin Wall falls in 1989. West- & East Germany reunite in 1990.
So I should think somewhere between 1980 and 1990?

Anyone know how the clip is colored? Will the black come off easily? Here the collector in me comes in:
Although I am not a particular collector of the Lamy Safary, I do own 4. One with a chrome clip, 3 with black clips. All of them have been in use for quite some time, but I admit not heavy use. Tremendously good writers. Indestructible. The pens, and the clips, also the black ones, still look like I purchased them yesterday.
I'm not sure how the black on the chip is colored. I think it is not lacquer or paint. Could be enamel or probably a chemical process to color the steel.
:tea:
Lots of great information! Thanks a lot for all the details. Nice to know the black clip is pretty durable. I'm super into this pen! Just got my first fountain pen (just like this one but none of the black accents) and I'm thinking about the Al-Star as an EDC as aluminum would be nice to carry all the time. But I sure do like the look of this one...

Lexaf
March 12th, 2015, 05:08 PM
Lots of great information! Thanks a lot for all the details. Nice to know the black clip is pretty durable. I'm super into this pen! Just got my first fountain pen (just like this one but none of the black accents) and I'm thinking about the Al-Star as an EDC as aluminum would be nice to carry all the time. But I sure do like the look of this one...

Good to read we agree! :hug:

And now back on topic: Lets not forget someone is trying to sell a pen here and he's probably not happy a couple of geeks are flaming over it... :focus:
I know... I started the flame, mea culpa.
But it helped keeping your ad. on top of the list for some time... :bump:
Good luck Farmdogfan with selling this nice pen. I'm sure there is a Safary collector out there craving for it!

farmdogfan
March 13th, 2015, 12:54 AM
Thanks Lexaf, i donīt mind at all, i might actually learn some more about safari pens.

farmdogfan
April 3rd, 2015, 01:35 AM
Now 75$ plus shipping.

farmdogfan
April 10th, 2015, 01:17 AM
Now 65$ + shipping.

KBeezie
April 11th, 2015, 03:33 AM
Now 65$ + shipping.

How has no one grabbed this yet?

farmdogfan
April 11th, 2015, 04:58 AM