PDA

View Full Version : Is my pen grip pilot vanishing point friendly?

top pen
February 18th, 2015, 07:58 AM
I've got a bit of money that I want to spend on a new pen essentially something very different to what I own so I'm thinking of buying my first Asian pen probably a pilot decimo. However I understand that people often have problems with this particular pen due to the way they hold there pens. Could someone tell me whether my grip is likely to cause me problems or not?

tandaina
February 18th, 2015, 10:47 AM
Maybe? Really not so easy to tell, it looks like you are a lefty though? Might affect things.

I rotate my pen (I use oblique nibs) and actually found that the VP corrects my rotation (because of the clip placement). My grip adapted to the pen. I know some folks haven't had that experience, but I've found within a short period of time that pen just gets used a little differently than the rest, no issues. They are pretty easy to resell, so if it really appeals (and it is super convenient for work or school since it's capless) I'd say try it and if you don't like it or can't adapt to it, sell it!

transknition
February 19th, 2015, 09:26 AM
Your grip is fine for it. See that space between your thumb and forefinger? That's precisely where the clip will sit. I'm a lefty and have three VPs (all bought used) and I adore them. I don't think I'd recommend them for an over writer, but with that grip you should be fine.

Potter
February 19th, 2015, 09:55 AM
I'm a lefty underwriter but I don't find my Capless too comfortable, useful for a quick note, but I don't enjoy using it for long letters, that clip really begins to annoy me! I would not buy another...

Silverbreeze
February 19th, 2015, 11:21 AM
Yup that's the way I hold me too