PDA

View Full Version : Phantom message

MY63
February 18th, 2015, 02:35 PM
I received an email message about a PM today about Auctions it contained a link and as I did not recognise it I deleted it but the actual message never appeared in my FPG inbox.
Was it spam or was my brain so numbed by the meeting I was attending I imagined the whole thing.
Or did the admin zap the offender before I got home :)

Chrissy
February 18th, 2015, 03:27 PM
I got the same message, and it wasn't in my FPG inbox either. I just deleted it. I assume he was zapped this end

Mortiana27
February 18th, 2015, 10:31 PM
I got an email earlier tonight that said someone tried to log into my account five times with the wrong password ... two emails in the space of 4 minutes from two different IP addresses. I will be changing the password again, but thank you to the admins for the notification :D

earthdawn
February 18th, 2015, 11:01 PM
I got it as well...

I would say YES ... Dan deleted the user so everything gets wiped out including any PM's they might have sent.

It helps protect those that may click a link sent etc.

Holsworth
February 18th, 2015, 11:17 PM
I got an email earlier tonight that said someone tried to log into my account five times with the wrong password ... two emails in the space of 4 minutes from two different IP addresses. I will be changing the password again, but thank you to the admins for the notification :D

I got one of those as well.

Scrawler
February 19th, 2015, 06:04 AM
I have noticed that if a message is deleted, you still receive the email notification before it is deleted. I have been receiving spurious PMs from someone who seems to want to sell me something. I reported the messages and I see they were gone quickly. This tells me that the admins are on the ball about removing the offending member. Of course, they are not really members, but people who create fake accounts for the purposes of spamming. It seems to be an awful lot of effort to join then send individual messages, with a high probability they will all be deleted, so I am left to question why anyone would come to a relatively small, highly specialized forum, like this, to post messages.

jar
February 19th, 2015, 06:27 AM
It seems to be an awful lot of effort to join then send individual messages, with a high probability they will all be deleted, so I am left to question why anyone would come to a relatively small, highly specialized forum, like this, to post messages.

Acause they get paid by the message and not by the sale. They may even be brighter than their employer.

Chrissy
February 20th, 2015, 09:08 AM
I didnt get the message, feeling totally unloved and unneccessary.

Messages, spam and anything else warmly welcomed.

Even the occasional Thanks

You are most welcome to send me a PM about anything you like, but preferably not spam, and I will happily reply

TarBlue
February 22nd, 2015, 03:02 PM
Not an entry but awesome PIF

Special K
March 10th, 2015, 10:50 PM
I just got a message / popup. Spam or whatever it's called. Saying that I need to accept the rules and guidelines before I can I post anymore. I just cleared out of that page and it was gone. Who ever is doing this wants something, they don't care if I've read the rules. Has anyone run into this stuff before. Can some one get this jerk out of here?

Rusty888
March 10th, 2015, 11:07 PM
I got an email saying someone had tried to log into my account with wrong password 5 times.

Neo
March 11th, 2015, 06:10 AM
I got an email saying someone had tried to log into my account with wrong password 5 times.

This is why Dan set up the google authentication for us. Hope it's not North Korea.....

Marsilius
March 14th, 2015, 03:50 PM
I just go the email saying someone had tried to log in five times, also. But am already logged in. I will wait a while and change my password. Should I be worried? Best,
Mars

Rusty888
March 14th, 2015, 04:46 PM
I just go the email saying someone had tried to log in five times, also. But am already logged in. I will wait a while and change my password. Should I be worried? Best,
Mars

I've had it three times now. They mustn't be that good

pengeezer
March 14th, 2015, 06:44 PM
Life does not get much better than this, an attractive offer from a pretty lady and a truckload of spam.

Seventh Heaven.

I hope the truckload of spam you're referring to comes in a little blue can.....:pound:

John