PDA

View Full Version : Debating about the SAILOR Imperial Black pro gear. Any suggestions?

rgperedo
February 22nd, 2015, 11:12 AM
I was looking into a few pens for my next purchase. I am debating about a few different ones, but this one stood out (Sailor Imperial Black Pro Gear). I've always gotten a ton of great information so hopefully you can all give me some input.

I'm interested in any and all aspects of the pen ( I have the basic information available, I'm looking for any information from people that have experience with the pen). I am curious if anyone has had issues with the nib and the plating on the nib over time. Thank you very much for the help ahead of time. Cheers.

Rusty888
February 22nd, 2015, 06:15 PM
I've seen one. Two things. Matte finishes by sailor are overpriced. Warranty only stands on plating in nib if you use sailor inks. They mention this so no using tough inks.

rgperedo
February 22nd, 2015, 11:59 PM
I know about the warranty for the nib, but as far as nib go I wonder if anyone has ever had a problem with the plating coming off. I use Sailor ultra nano black here and there, but it definitely isn't my ink brand of choice. Plus I pretty much only use waterproof/archival inks.

I've seen one. Two things. Matte finishes by sailor are overpriced. Warranty only stands on plating in nib if you use sailor inks. They mention this so no using tough inks.

Tony Rex
February 23rd, 2015, 12:23 AM
I can't really comment on the build quality as I don't have one (yet), but at $180 shipped I don't think they're overpriced at all. They are in the same ballpark as Custom 823, Justus 95 etc. Absolute bang for buck category.

Aleks
February 23rd, 2015, 12:29 AM
http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/e15/10899253_752100988207168_932532733_n.jpg

i think this picture speaks for itself :) ... Just get it, you won't be disappointed. Like Tony said; best bang for you buck hands down!

Rusty888
February 23rd, 2015, 12:52 AM
The guy I know never has had an issue.

TPC James
February 23rd, 2015, 09:55 AM
I have to say given the quality of the nibs on these pens, and the fact that they are 21 carat gold, I don't think they are over priced when compared to similarly spec'd rival brands. We've never found quality to be an issue - in fact the quality of finish is first rate. Sailor have also performed some pretty impressive nib repairs to some of our more unfortunate customers' pens at very modest prices!

In short they're great pens and Sailor look after their customers - go on you know you want one!