PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Vintage Flex: Moore 72 & WHS Lever Filler

AZBennett
February 22nd, 2015, 06:27 PM
My usual disclaimer here: I am not a professional pen restorer rather I am a self taught pen repairman. The pens I am offering up aren't usually Mint/Near Mint/Excellent condition and the prices reflect that fact. These were user grade pens from a bygone era. My attempt is to bring them back to life in the hopes that they will be used as the wonderful tools of creation they once were. Where applicable I use Richard Binders website for repair information, Pen Identification and a myriad of other nuggets of wisdom. I have replaced the sacs in these pens, cleaned and polished them. They have been reassembled with care and as much precision as I am able to accomplish. All my writing samples are conducted by myself or my wife and with the pen featured in this classified.

1. Moore Pen Co 72 Jade Ringtop - Features a lovely Moore Maniflex nib in Fine that is an amazingly responsive nib allowing for big swells. It starts to flex with just a touch of the pen to paper, making it somewhat harder to write an actual fine line as it wants to spread on its own. The pen has some very small dings on the barrel end that look like VERY tiny bite marks (I don't think they are bit marks, not deep and very uniform) though they are not deep. Almost as if the previous owner tapped the pen lightly on the edge of a desk. They are nearly unnoticeable though I did pick them up in the right light. The lever is strong and there isn't any plate loss present. - 70 USD [SOLD]

2. WHS Black Chased Hard Rubber lever filler - Pen features a nib marked CHE in an oval with 14K under it. No other marks on the nib. The nib itself is VERY flexible and with nearly no pressure writes an EF/F but starts to widen under normal pressure. It is very responsive. The lever has a WHS mark on it as does the top of the Cap. The barrel imprint is long gone with only a "T" visible. However, the "block" style chasing is strong. The lever has some plate loss but otherwise the pen is free of any dings or wear that I can see even under a loupe. - 70 USD [SOLD]

Payment via Paypal only

Purchase both pens for 130 USD shipping included.

Shipping to CONUS via USPS Priority Mail - $5.95 USD.
Insurance available upon request at the buyers cost.
Will combine shipping on multiple pen purchases.
Will consider international shipping on a case by case basis (PM me for specifics).

Open to reasonable offers via PM.

AZBennett
February 22nd, 2015, 08:28 PM
WHS - SOLD
Moore - ON HOLD