PDA

View Full Version : Another killer Sheaffer Balance from the LA Pen SHow 2015: Autograph

david i
February 24th, 2015, 12:33 PM
I'm still sorting pics of some of the best pens I found at the LA Pen Show. Pearce Jarvis sold me a quite scarce, if somewhat esoteric, 1930s Sheaffer Balance. The "Autograph" models, with solid gold clip and with solid gold wide cap-band are well known. Most found were documented in Sheaffer period catalogues. During the late Balance era (1936+, striped Celluloid), Autograph tends to be Black (great pens for Black Pen Society fans, check for membership at Erano's Fountain Pen Journal website). Quite occasionally Autograph though is found in stripes. I shot an OS in brown years ago though I missed buying it. But, at the LA Pen Show, Pearce had a brown striped Autograph in standard size. It is the first striped Autograph I've managed to buy. All striped Autographs (that is, 2-3) I've seen have been brown, save for a military-clip pen in red. This one stays in my personal collection of Sheaffer Balance exotic and high-cachet variants.

http://vacumania.com/penteech2/sheafferbalance_solidgold_brownstripe_standard950a .jpg

regards

David

manoeuver
February 24th, 2015, 06:24 PM
If I had that pen I'd keep it in a box and look at it sometimes.
Nice grab David!

david i
February 24th, 2015, 08:21 PM
If I had that pen I'd keep it in a box and look at it sometimes.
Nice grab David!

Thanks. That's sort of what I do with most of the good ones. That and take some pictures ;)

regards

-d

folksathome
February 24th, 2015, 08:23 PM
Beautiful; enjoy:thumbup:

semisem
March 16th, 2015, 12:24 AM
It really is a killer!

Newjelan
March 16th, 2015, 12:54 AM
Oh, that is beautiful.