PDA

View Full Version : "Hey there" from Omaha Nebraska, USA

Sthsenior
August 18th, 2012, 03:33 PM
I bought my first fountain pen early last November, a Lamy Safari with an extra fine nib from Goldspot along with a bottle of Lamy Black ink. I started carrying that pen daily and fell in love with it. So in March of this year I bought a Lamy Al-Star LE in Ruby Red with a medium nib. I didn’t care for the nib, so I ordered another EF to replace it. That pen is now inked with Diamine Oxblood and is a carry pen as well.

Then I found Brian and Rachel Goulet online. Then Stephen Brown’s YouTube channel. And then the Fountain Pen Geeks website and podcast…
I now have 10 pens (one rollerball – just seemed like a good idea at the time) and a number of bottles of ink. My latest purchase was a TWSBI Diamond 540 clear demonstrator with a broad nib. It’s fantastic with highly shadowy inks like Noodler’s Apache Sunset or my latest, Diamine Ancient Copper. Very cool.

And to make things “better”, I just finished my first fountain pen (kit) and have it inked with Apache Sunset and it’s sitting here on my desk. This is the first in a long line of pen projects. I’ve got a few others under construction, but this one was finished today.

Enjoying the madness, but I need a button so my friends will know from where the madness originates. And now the money I make mowing lawns for old ladies is going in an account for an Edison pen. Thanks again Eric and Stephen!

Today’s podcast on last weekend’s DC Pen Super Show was great. I’m in the Midwest, Central Time zone so I’m more apt to catch it live. I sign on as Friar Moon…

And now when Eric picks my submission for the Tree Ring Natural History Pen next month I’ll be one happy guy.

Scott “Friar Moon”
Omaha, NE

writingrav
August 18th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Welcome! Seems like you already have the madness!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

fountainpenkid
August 18th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Welcome to the party!

Maja
August 18th, 2012, 09:29 PM
:welcome:
Nice job on the kit pen! What type of material (wood?) did you use?

KrazyIvan
August 18th, 2012, 11:45 PM
You are going to fit right in. Welcome.

goldiesdad
August 19th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Welcome and Howdy from us in Texas ....

Bogon07
August 19th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Hi Sthsenior and welcome to FPG.
Nice grain on your wood pen.

Don't neglect to visit the Lamy sub-forum.
I thought I only needed a Vista and Coffee Al-Star and how wrong I was.

Sthsenior
August 20th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Hi Maja. This was a piece of spalted elm I got from a supplier in Arkansas. He actually gave me this piece for free in my last order. And it really turned out nice inside. I was happy. I've got some more kits waiting, but they're all either slimlines or Olympian roller balls. Yea, I know, but they'll be good to give away.

manoeuver
August 20th, 2012, 01:23 PM
oh hey. welcome. cool kit pen!