PDA

View Full Version : Ink Review: Diamine Flowers Gift Set: Burgundy Rose

Chrissy
February 28th, 2015, 10:09 AM
I have decided to review some of my favourite inks. These aren't necessarily in any particular order. This is one from the Flowers Gift set collection: Burgundy Rose.
It is an excellent clone for Montblanc Hitchcock ink.

Bearing in mind the paper I use is very smooth, and the nib was a Sheaffer F nib, it took 12-15 secs to dry
It flows very well, quite wet, and lubricates the nib very well.
No start-up problems noticed.
No nib dry out while putting the pen down to do swab testing.
Cleaned out of my pens easily.
Washed off of my hands easily.
This isn't an archival ink
The water test on the review form shows this isn't a waterproof ink.
It is currently available in the gift set in 30ml glass bottles that are stable and user friendly.
It's also now available in 30ml plastic bottles as refills. These aren't very stable and have quite narrow openings.
It's a reasonable price.
Diamine (http://www.diamineinks.co.uk/) sell it directly to end-users on their web-site.

reprieve
February 28th, 2015, 02:10 PM
Another great review, Chrissy!

I've been using Burgundy Rose in my Wild Rubin Lamy Studio and it has really grown on me. On some papers, like Tomoe, I even see a little bit of sheen. I wouldn't have tried this ink if it hadn't come in the Flowers set, but I'm glad I gave it a chance.

klpeabody
February 28th, 2015, 02:56 PM
This is a lovely one, indeed! As someone who tends to prefer the burgundy reds, after reading your review, my interest is piqued on Diamine Flowers Set. Must add to my personal wish list. Thanks, Chrissy, for another excellent review.